Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Aviator MC discounted parking at PHL short term B garage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:56 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

I hadn't seen this promoted anywhere except on the PHL airport website (phl.org). Some small discounts using a Barclay's Aviator AAdvantage MC to swipe into the separate, designated lot on the ground level of the B garage.

Aviator Parking FAQ

I hadn't realized the normal price is now up to $44/day. My last recollection (since I don't park there lately) was it being under $30. But maybe someone will find this useful for the shorter stints.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
I hadn't seen this promoted anywhere except on the PHL airport website (phl.org). Some small discounts using a Barclay's Aviator AAdvantage MC to swipe into the separate, designated lot on the ground level of the B garage.

Aviator Parking FAQ

I hadn't realized the normal price is now up to $44/day. My last recollection (since I don't park there lately) was it being under $30. But maybe someone will find this useful for the shorter stints.
And I balk at DFW charging $24 per day
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:04 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight
Seems like a bargain in comparison. The $44/day is for the "SHORT TERM" garages that are directly connected to the terminal where maybe it's convenient if you have brief airport business to tend to like a pick up or quick appointment for something landside. There are a gazillion long term options, with some being literally within a 5 minute ride to the terminal and as low as $10/day.

I've known people to park there without a clue (or researching), only to be shocked upon return. Caveat Emptor.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by mvoight

Check out ORD's prices. You will barf, not balk.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
This is the right type of way to promote a CC......showing benefit and use for having the card instead of spending MILLIONS on the non-stop hawking of CC's in-flight with wrong information.
GunsOfNavarone likes this.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Mar 7, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
This is the right type of way to promote a CC......showing benefit and use for having the card instead of the non-stop hawking of CC's in-flight with wrong information.
This saved me quite a bit of money last year and this since they started. I have been a big fan of this benefit. Always an easy to find spot, always know where my car is upon return.

That CC selling in-flight drives me crazy, i can't imagine it is a successful tactic. It makes me want one less, not more.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
This saved me quite a bit of money last year and this since they started. I have been a big fan of this benefit. Always an easy to find spot, always know where my car is upon return.

That CC selling in-flight drives me crazy, i can't imagine it is a successful tactic. It makes me want one less, not more.
Barclaycard is desperate to get into the AA co-brand game that they're paying so much for these FA's to sell us these dumb applications. LAA would never let Citi to do this because (Citi wished they could have) it was too intrusive and annoying and here we are with LUS and Doug Parker and the FA's wonder why they're complaining about being like an LCC? They got into bed with the CEO of the ticker symbol....LCC! UGH
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Us Americans have it easy....same day at LHR T5,,,,long stay with a 5-10min bus ride to the terminal is $39. Short stay self park is $98....with valet up to $130

I remember standing behind someone at the machine to pay for their parking and the bill was almost $1000. I don't know how long they were there for (this was almost 10yrs ago, soon after T5 opened) but they made some loud exclamation soon after they put their ticket in and I couldn't help but look!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
The PHL thread talked about it when first launched. l believe it is a trial, and may end in a few more months.

Normal garage parking in the upper levels is $24/day max.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:04 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyer78
The PHL thread talked about it when first launched. l believe it is a trial, and may end in a few more months.

Normal garage parking in the upper levels is $24/day max.
It's been a while since I used the PHL garages in favor of WallyPark or even the Sheraton Suites lot ($5/day plus taxes through globalpark) , but when did they introduce the lower pricing for upper levels (and what levels are considered "upper")? How do they know on the ticket that you parked upstairs vs down below since - in my past experience - all cars enter the respective garages through the same gate along the Rental Car road. $24 is still steep, but good to know.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
The $44 rate is for the street level lots right @ baggage claim. What's meant to be truly short term (picking someone up). The ramped garage is still $24 a day, worth it when coming home from a redeye with a family and their snowboards. I frequent the economy for $11 a day when on business. The Aviator rate averages about 25% off, depending on the time spent.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by PHL
It's been a while since I used the PHL garages in favor of WallyPark or even the Sheraton Suites lot ($5/day plus taxes through globalpark) , but when did they introduce the lower pricing for upper levels (and what levels are considered "upper")? How do they know on the ticket that you parked upstairs vs down below since - in my past experience - all cars enter the respective garages through the same gate along the Rental Car road. $24 is still steep, but good to know.
Actually, there are separate gates and tickets for "Short Term" and "Long Term" parking at the PHL garages.

"Long Term" is levels 1 - 6 and "Short Term" is level G if you go by elevator levels.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Additional entrances to short-term levels from the arrivals (baggage claim) road as well. My guess is they drive thru the ground floor and scan license plates - they are tracked on entry and payment. Allegedly, if you forget where you parked, this info is on file (or at least that is what they used to claim). They added spike strips upon exit and barracades to keep the Aviator lot separate. For my current trip, it would be useful, as the long term garages A B C and D are full.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:45 am

Bringing this thread back from the dead. AA Aviator Parking now listed as FREE on the PHL parking website? Is this new durin the ongoing Covid-19 chaos? Or is it a fixed term promotion?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by everGLAdes
Bringing this thread back from the dead. AA Aviator Parking now listed as FREE on the PHL parking website? Is this new durin the ongoing Covid-19 chaos? Or is it a fixed term promotion?
All parking is free at PHL in response to COVID-19

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.