Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 738 ”First” Class Thoughts (opinion)

AA 738 ”First” Class Thoughts (opinion)

Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by DatBoi
Another issue here is that when I book an a321 on AA am I to expect:
This:
This:

Or This:

Very confusing....
Check, check and check......I've been grateful to experience all three, and looking back into the Y cabin each time made be doubly thankful.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by jcatman
Check, check and check......I've been grateful to experience all three, and looking back into the Y cabin each time made be doubly thankful.
Looking behind the curtain and seeing the Y plebs gets me through my EY a320 flights all the time!
It makes me appreciate my seat even more!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:23 am

This:
This:

Or This:

Very confusing....
If you're in a 2 cabin A321, it'll be the first one, whether you book into business or first. If you're in a 3 cabin one used on the transcontinental routes, the second picture is the first class cabin and the third picture is the business class cabin.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: KL-PEFL
Originally Posted by asf-07
If you think AA domestic F is bad, try flying first within Europe...
Is there an airline that provides F within Europe?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Wangja
No, just like there isn't one in the US except perhaps some transcon routes. What's being compared in this thread is not F, despite what AA might call it
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Wangja
BA offers F between LHR and DME if you consider that Europe.
DatBoi likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by asf-07
If you think AA domestic F is bad, try flying first within Europe...
while there maybe routes in Europe that are as long as LAX-BOS, I haven’t been on them. AA puts 738s on transcons.

Last edited by beachfan; Mar 5, 2018 at 9:02 am
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
From quick search I don't think any U.S. airlines offer these for non-premium domestic routes.
VX offers footrests, >50" pitch, and decent food in domestic F. At least until they get fully absorbed by AS
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by rjw242
VX offers footrests, >50" pitch, and decent food in domestic F. At least until they get fully absorbed by AS
oh no
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
My local carriers
I fly AUH/DXB-MAA (4.5 hour flight) several times a year in J and when flying EY/UL I get a recliner with footrest and 49" pitch and when I fly EK or UL (through DXB) I get a flatbed. I also get lounge access and a proper meal service.
I do find ways to criticise even those airlines in minor ways however.
Your profile says "EY Guest Gold" - So, lounge access is a part of that when flying EY, just as if you had equivalent status with One World (with the exception of AAdvantage members for North American only itineraries that do not include MEX)
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No, just like there isn't one in the US except perhaps some transcon routes. What's being compared in this thread is not F, despite what AA might call it
That is probably why AA calls it Business on non-domestic routes, like to the Caribbean.
reeg2 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
Your profile says "EY Guest Gold" - So, lounge access is a part of that when flying EY, just as if you had equivalent status with One World (with the exception of AAdvantage members for North American only itineraries that do not include MEX)
His status is irrelevant to lounge access in the specific case mentioned since he is flying EY J, which grants lounge access by virtue of class of travel.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This:
This:

Or This:

Very confusing....
No, it’s not confusing.
If you book an A321 between JFK and LAX/SFO you will get the second (F) or third (J) picture. Virtually every other route (except in very select instances, check the seat map) you will get the first picture.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
TLDR: Customer doesn't understand or bother to research the product he is buying. Expects the entire US domestic airline market to conform to his narrow expectations based on market dynamics in a completely different region of the planet.

Nothing to see here.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bse118
TLDR: Customer doesn't understand or bother to research the product he is buying. Expects the entire US domestic airline market to conform to his narrow expectations based on market dynamics in a completely different region of the planet.

Nothing to see here.
I didn't pay extra for the ticket since I just added a leg to JFK at no additional cost to my EY F booking to DFW.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.