Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Looks like I might get free PE on tomorrow’s LHR-LAX...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looks like I might get free PE on tomorrow’s LHR-LAX...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
In paid PE (not substitute MCE due to equipment swap), the food choices are actually the same entrees as business, even served in proper plates etc. However, the food comes covered up (aluminum and plastic wrap), in a single serving for salad and main dish, and drinks, inexplicably, are indeed served in plastic cups. I'm seriously considering on bringing my own glassware for drinks on my next AA PE flight (a little in jest, a little in protest)..
That's my understanding as well. So technically the DFW - NRT was a MCE I guess? Edit: On further note, it does not look like that picture above is Y food. No way AA offers fresh salad on a plate in Y...So you are definitely right.

I am assuming AA FA won't make a big deal out of EXP/OWE on PE like CX, but the plate setting is a nice touch if it were offered to PE. A little disappointed.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:36 pm

In paid PE (not substitute MCE due to equipment swap), the food choices are actually the same entrees as business, even served in proper plates etc.
Not on my paid PE flight last week. It seemed to be Y food. Definitely not the same menu as C.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
C inventory just popped up for this flight but I don't think I am going to upgrade as I have a bulkhead seat in what is now AA's new PE cabin!!!! Argh!!!
I would. YMMV.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:21 pm

In paid PE (not substitute MCE due to equipment swap), the food choices are actually the same entrees as business, even served in proper plates etc. However, the food comes covered up (aluminum and plastic wrap), in a single serving for salad and main dish, and drinks, inexplicably, are indeed served in plastic cups. I'm seriously considering on bringing my own glassware for drinks on my next AA PE flight (a little in jest, a little in protest)..
Main cabin never gets glassware!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
[QUOTE=enviroian;29478818]The seat is 100 x better than any domestic F seat anywhere with nice big IFE and USB power and three way seat controls (albeit manual).

I thought the PE seat on the 789 was the same seat as the A319 F seat (with a manual leg rest for front row seats).
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
That's my understanding as well. So technically the DFW - NRT was a MCE I guess? Edit: On further note, it does not look like that picture above is Y food. No way AA offers fresh salad on a plate in Y...So you are definitely right.

I am assuming AA FA won't make a big deal out of EXP/OWE on PE like CX, but the plate setting is a nice touch if it were offered to PE. A little disappointed.
They were definitely serving the same entree(not sure about the salad) and our second course for breakfast they ran out of one option so they just grabbed one for coach for my father. it was the same thing just came in foil instead.

Last edited by Amil; Mar 4, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Amil
Here's a pic. It was the same food being served in Economy.
Looks revolting. Was it some sort of risotto? (Nasty dish to serve on a plane: it’s the kind of thing that should be freshly served otherwise it gets stodgy or overcooked.)
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:20 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Well, I must say that I had a very comfortable flight in these new PE seats.

Since it was an equipment swap we only got regular Y treatment.

The seat is very comfy, with TONS of legroom on the bulkhead. If you get 16A you'll need a sleep mask to sleep as the bathroom light showing every time the door is opened would be annoying.

The plugs are located in a hidden spot--bad, because I heard at least 3 other pax ask the FAs "Where is the headphone jack?" But it is good because you don't accidentally unplug your headphones, or, like on BA, you don't have to worry about wiggling your headphones by brushing up against it causing static noise.

The seat itself is great, and I would recommend it if available. I would fly AA more if they offered the same EQMs/EQDs as flying BA metal. But since I earn an insane amount MORE AA miles, I will still continue to fly BA PE for all of my travel to EU and South Africa.

PS....the meatball dinner option was most likely the second worst meal I have ever eaten on a plane.....it was so terrible I took one bite and immediately spit it back out. But I did like the ice cream.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:22 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Here are a few pics.

No window, btw, for Row 16 on this new PE Cabin on the 77W.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by 355F1

Here are a few pics.

No window, btw, for Row 16 on this new PE Cabin on the 77W.
I'm trying to decide which seat to pick. Would you pick Row 16 again?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:09 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Amil
I'm trying to decide which seat to pick. Would you pick Row 16 again?
Absolutely.
But that's cuz I am a bulkhead window-seat sleeping flyer always using my rollerboard as a foot stool on all my international flights.

You'll also get a full leg rest in the bulkhead row if PE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.