Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is AA actively trying to kill SFO-LAX?!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by armus
Looks to me like they’ve now only deleted the 7pm to lax rather than both 7 and 8:30pm. I had intentionally booked the 7 to give more leeway for SFO weather snafus.

And for more time at QFL during my treks to HKG.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
And for more time at QFL during my treks to HKG.
My 7 PM got updated to the 8:30 PM on a 737, but switching to the earlier 5:30 PM isn’t necessarily a safer bet since the smaller E175 it uses is more likely to be canceled. Anyone have experience with whether AA ever holds the HKG, SYD or AKL flights for connecting pax? I’m doubtful they do much besides change the gate assignments to shorten the distance.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by armus

My 7 PM got updated to the 8:30 PM on a 737, but switching to the earlier 5:30 PM isn’t necessarily a safer bet since the smaller E175 it uses is more likely to be canceled. Anyone have experience with whether AA ever holds the HKG, SYD or AKL flights for connecting pax? I’m doubtful they do much besides change the gate assignments to shorten the distance.
I don't know about those specifically, but i flew PHX-LAX-LHR recently and the PHX-LAX flight was 60 minutes late and we arrived at LAX with just 10 minutes to connect. But as soon as they opened the doors they announced that they knew we were late and that they would be holding the London flight for the 12 passengers connecting. So, LAX is well aware of the problem and can decide to hold a flight – and in this case there was a later BA flight to London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.