Is AA actively trying to kill SFO-LAX?!

Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Finsup72
Every time I've gone on standby for an earlier SFO-LAX flight, I've been #1 and cleared the standby list. Unless you're flying on a busy Sunday (toughest day), then you will likely clear the earlier flight as an EP, based on my previous experience.

Yea... I was just trying to get a little ahead of the jump for the AA 6040 RJ-175 flight. At the time I looked the entire F cabin was empty. Now there're 4 available seats. Was hoping to exit the airport and meet friends for dinner by taking earlier flight. But now... Don't think I will have time or want to. I scored the confirmed upgrade on of the last two seats available on AA 285 A319, Now that flight and the prior one (AA 6045 RJ-175) are both sold-out up front. oh well.... Next time.... Tried to get them to come up to SFO and go back same day since all three friend's accounts need activity before early March to avoid losing their miles due to inactivity. LOL
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
I'm right there with you... I'm returning to LAX from HKG at 5:30 PM. And the schedule will not allow me to select flight AA6015 since im returning from abroad and may not make the connection. So, I have to wait for AA 6020 at 11 PM as that's the next available flight. GREAT!! Will be spending the bulk of my time at Qantas FL and AA FL rather than over at the eagle's nest AC.
+1. The Eagle's nest AC is a disgrace. Yeah, fortunately there are QF FL & AA FL.
Zacnlinc and prw555 like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Interesting... I see my flight (AA 285 A319) is slated to land at Terminal B (TBIT). Will be a first? Use to arriving at the Nest. I'm cool with that as my trek to duty free and QF FL is just that much shorter. I no longer "try to enter" the QF J-lounge. Trice I've been advised to go to th FL instead as a OWE. Wow!!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
The Compass E175s have had a rough time getting in/out of SFO the past few weeks with all the rain and wind. Apparently frustrated, AA is sending a 787-9 today on LAX/SFO to lighten the load

Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by potus18
The Compass E175s have had a rough time getting in/out of SFO the past few weeks with all the rain and wind. Apparently frustrated, AA is sending a 787-9 today on LAX/SFO to lighten the load

And even this 789 is delayed 4 hours (it was due to depart at 10am).

The weather at SFO must be pretty bad today.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
And even this 789 is delayed 4 hours (it was due to depart at 10am).

The weather at SFO must be pretty bad today.
Yes, weather holds of 3 plus hours for planes headed to SFO. Multiple CNX for afternoon bank of flights depending on inbound AC. I was on the late afternoon PHX flight and was lucky to snag a seat on the earlier flight - that aircraft was already in the air from CLT when the WX hold went into effect.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by potus18

I should see if I can switch my SFO-PHX-SNA to this so I can enjoy F
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
I find the "experience" of flying on this route grating, but I continue to take AA for the same reasons we all do - EQMs, EQDs, etc. It's a short enough hop that the frustration isn't worth the added hassle of switching carriers. The worst experience was flying out on a 737 from that ultra-remote terminal (gate 212 or something) that seems ready for demolition. I think AA arranged for this departure "experience" to make the Nest seem like a luxury.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:40 pm
JBD

Boeing 738 flight #2533 cancelled for next 7 days

Originally Posted by JBD
Traveling with my 90 yr old dad, needing to go LAX-SFO at the end of March. I'm miles rich and cash poor and wanting to make this as painless on my dad as possible.

LAX's Eagles Nest logistics would be too much for him, but I've found there's one flight a day on a 738, Flight 2533 in both directions. I put on hold first class MileSAAver award tix, 30k roundtrip pp. A lot of miles for this short hop, but worth it to make my dad comfortable.

But what are the chances of the 738 being swapped for the E175?

I've been reading up on the 738 Oasis conversions, currently my res shows a 160 seats Version 1 - but a change between 738s wouldn't be a concern because we'd still leave LAX from the main terminal. (If I'm makng the wrong assumption, please someone correct me!)

If of interest to others: I also see one flight a day on a 319, Flight 2764 in both directions - but those times don't work for us.

TIA
Would love to get some feedback on this -

I ended up booking the roundtrip flight on #2533 with a First Class MileSAAver and was just checking this flights's "Flight Status" on AA.com to see which gates are used. Today's flights occurred and showed the info. However, when I input flight number 2533 for March 21 and March 22, it showed that these flights are cancelled.

Using just AA.com I then did a search and see that flight 2533 is now off the schedule as of tomorrow, but appears again in one week on March 28th, and remains there for the succeding few days (that's as far out as I looked, since our trip is for the end of this month).

Without knowing squat, I'm thinking maybe this flight #2533 has been pulled for a weeks' interval due to the fact it's on a 738 and they're using the equipment elsewhere due to the 7M8's absence? And then thinking that come March 28th, they might extend the cancellation to another week - resulting in our flights being rebooked?

My goal is to have our flights be as easy on my 90 yr old Dad as possible, and that's why I chose the 738, and that's why I chose First Class. There is that one other non-Eagle's Nest flight, flight 2764 on the A319, but there are currently no First Class MileSAAver awards.

Would you all advise me to do anything proactive now?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by JBD
Would love to get some feedback on this -

I ended up booking the roundtrip flight on #2533 with a First Class MileSAAver and was just checking this flights's "Flight Status" on AA.com to see which gates are used. Today's flights occurred and showed the info. However, when I input flight number 2533 for March 21 and March 22, it showed that these flights are cancelled.

Using just AA.com I then did a search and see that flight 2533 is now off the schedule as of tomorrow, but appears again in one week on March 28th, and remains there for the succeding few days (that's as far out as I looked, since our trip is for the end of this month).

Without knowing squat, I'm thinking maybe this flight #2533 has been pulled for a weeks' interval due to the fact it's on a 738 and they're using the equipment elsewhere due to the 7M8's absence? And then thinking that come March 28th, they might extend the cancellation to another week - resulting in our flights being rebooked
I see 2533 in the schedule on EF from the 28th, but it's been zeroed out until the 20th of April. I'm not hopeful that it will run until then, and I'm supposed to fly it early April.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:57 pm
JBD

Flight 2533

Originally Posted by ShortDog
I see 2533 in the schedule on EF from the 28th, but it's been zeroed out until the 20th of April. I'm not hopeful that it will run until then, and I'm supposed to fly it early April.
-- BTW thanks ShortDog for your reply to me in the other thread

I had been seeing 2533 from the 28th as well (on AA.com) up until last night that is. My flights occur after the 28th, but when I clicked on My Trips on my online account the flights still stood.

So I called last night, got a really terrific agent, explained that I was concerned that this flight is showing as cancelled for the next few days, and that AA.com is no longer selling this flight for my dates, but that my online account was still showing my trip as scheduled.

He said, and I'm paraphrasing, that these 738s have been pulled to fill in elsewhere, but that the rolling cancellations seem to be slowing down and that my trip may very well go as scheduled.

Because he sounded like such a nice southern guy from the outset, I took the liberty of explaing how special this trip was for my old dad, and that I was trying to do everything I could to make it comfortable for him, having chosen first class on the 738 in the first place over all the Eagle's Nest E75s, and that the second best option was on the 319 flights 2764. He said if it was his dad, he'd switch to the 319 First Class now and be proactive. So I happily agreed. I did then ask if the Airbus was also in danger of being pulled, and he said so far it's just been the 738s that are being reassigned.

So even though my reservation had yet to be classified with a schedule change, I was able to switch flights and SAAver award availability was opened up for me (at the time of my call there was no longer any SAAver availabity in First on the 319).

For whatever this may be worth to anyone else!
allset2travel likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by ShortDog
Just by chance I was reading this thread. I will be on AA2533 early April. I chose this flight because it is 738 and the departure time. I double checked EF, it confirmed what ShortDog said above (zero-out). So now what, be pro-active and rebook?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Just by chance I was reading this thread. I will be on AA2533 early April. I chose this flight because it is 738 and the departure time. I double checked EF, it confirmed what ShortDog said above (zero-out). So now what, be pro-active and rebook?
I called EXP desk to rebook to a later flight on RJ75. Not ideal, but it will do.
I did not receive any alert or email regarding flight cancellation. Of course AA does do so until it is very close to departure date.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was also booked on that flight on 1st April - and have now been proactively booked on an earlier E175 option (at 10.10am rather than the 12.15pm 738 we were booked on). Its not ideal but Id rather get rebooked at an early stage so we can adjust our plans now.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I was booked on 2533 on April 19 and it got cancelled. I was automatically rebooked on the 8am flight on the E175.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.