Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Refitted 757-200 LUS “East” used in Hawaii service >2017: seats, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Current 757 aircraft used to Hawaii (mostly ex-PHX) and a few short trips from PHX are 10 in Number, all Legacy US Airways “East” 757-200s that have been reconfigured with 12 standard domestic First reclining seats, and 176 Main Cabin / Economy seats (including 38 Main Cabin Extra seats). See the current seat diagram of this aircraft on SeatGuru; also see the ad hoc chart in post #1.

See here on the (unofficial) American Fleet Site for registration numbers, etc. Five are listed with 2KU WiFi, five not. All IFE is overhead screens. It says no power, it one aircraft is said to offer power in F.

The original “757H” US 757s have been retired from AA service. Of the ten 757s used in Hawaii Service, three actually served with America West.
Print Wikipost

Refitted 757-200 LUS “East” used in Hawaii service >2017: seats, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
What about 8 C,D,E,F? Do armrests lift up or are the tray tables are in the arm? 12DE no recline and narrower seats? 13BC lots of people congregating near lavs, noisy? Overnight flight so we would like quieter section with legroom. Prop feet up on the roll aboard.
Best option would be to find a row with one or two middle seats open. Then a couple of people could lay down and sleep.
Row 8 has a hard wall in front with tray tables in the armrests. 12DE does have recline but lots of legroom and the additional option of a tray table from the seat in front. You can also store your carry-on in the seat in front unlike 13 where you need to store your carry-on in the overhead bins. Both 12 and 13 have enough room for your roller-board to use as a footrest. These seats are the best you can get for a red-eye flight which is usually quiet.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thanks Braddah!
Old May 11, 2018, 11:22 am

Bulkhead vs exit rows 12 and 13?

Hello
I am flying flight 684 next February and I am stuck in coach. Have plenty of MCE seats available and looking to make the best of it. Has anyone flown Y on these PHX/Hawaii birds? Hoping to get some recommendations on the best possible seat for non narrow seat and best leg room.
Thanks in advance
Old May 12, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Anyone have any advice on the best F seat for a redeye on this aircraft? How close is the bulkhead to the first row? I know the 777 is better on the ex-DFW flights, but there was C inventory on the PHX flight.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by donotblink
Anyone have any advice on the best F seat for a redeye on this aircraft? How close is the bulkhead to the first row? I know the 777 is better on the ex-DFW flights, but there was C inventory on the PHX flight.
they're all the same. I'd avoid the bulkhead though.

honestly, this is the worst aircraft in the fleet (save for the CR2). Not worth the upgrade, IMO
Old May 13, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by Antarius
they're all the same. I'd avoid the bulkhead though.

honestly, this is the worst aircraft in the fleet (save for the CR2). Not worth the upgrade, IMO
Totally agree - if you have to fly PHX to Hawaii, either 12DE or 13BC will be better than First Class on this aircraft
Old May 13, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by hawaii-bound
Totally agree - if you have to fly PHX to Hawaii, either 12DE or 13BC will be better than First Class on this aircraft
Curious why you say that--12 DE and 13 BC are open---the flight isn't until November. Won't those seats be super narrow due to the fixed armrests? Genuinely curious, why would the F seats be worse?

I'm hoping that there will be a schedule change--I'm connecting in PHX to a flight to EWR, maybe if there's a significant schedule change, I can switch to the HNL->DFW->EWR(or more preferably LGA). There was only one spot of C inventory left, so I already paid the $175 and 13,500 miles (I have the Aviator card for 10% back on redeemed miles).
Old May 13, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by donotblink
Curious why you say that--12 DE and 13 BC are open---the flight isn't until November. Won't those seats be super narrow due to the fixed armrests? Genuinely curious, why would the F seats be worse?

I'm hoping that there will be a schedule change--I'm connecting in PHX to a flight to EWR, maybe if there's a significant schedule change, I can switch to the HNL->DFW->EWR(or more preferably LGA). There was only one spot of C inventory left, so I already paid the $175 and 13,500 miles (I have the Aviator card for 10% back on redeemed miles).
Much more legroom. The F seats on this aircraft feel unbelievably cramped. Plus it is overnight, so food +drink is a wash (there isn't really anything in F either).

Hopefully there is a schedule change and you can go via DFW.. ORD is also operating a winter seasonal now, so that is an option (787-8)
Old May 13, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Much more legroom. The F seats on this aircraft feel unbelievably cramped. Plus it is overnight, so food +drink is a wash (there isn't really anything in F either).

Hopefully there is a schedule change and you can go via DFW.. ORD is also operating a winter seasonal now, so that is an option (787-8)
ORD doesn't start until late December :-(
Old May 30, 2018, 7:12 am

How is row 13 really an exit row?

Having to fly coach on this plane, Phoenix to Hawaii. I'm only Advantage Gold, so no chance of an upgrade. Willing to pay for an exit row to get the extra leg room but couldn't figure out why the designated exit rows (12 and 13) do not incur an upcharge. Called American (twice) and both agents confirmed no extra leg room in those rows. When I asked how this plane could evacuate without wide exit rows they verbally shrugged. Totally confused. Should I pay extra for bulkhead? Not my favorite due to storage issue but on a 7 hour flight, I want more legroom than the standard seat. Does row 13 really have extra leg room? Appreciate some guidance.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:43 am

Does anyone know if this plane has power in MCE or First?

Thank you!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by cherikm
Having to fly coach on this plane, Phoenix to Hawaii. I'm only Advantage Gold, so no chance of an upgrade. Willing to pay for an exit row to get the extra leg room but couldn't figure out why the designated exit rows (12 and 13) do not incur an upcharge. Called American (twice) and both agents confirmed no extra leg room in those rows. When I asked how this plane could evacuate without wide exit rows they verbally shrugged. Totally confused. Should I pay extra for bulkhead? Not my favorite due to storage issue but on a 7 hour flight, I want more legroom than the standard seat. Does row 13 really have extra leg room? Appreciate some guidance.
The chart in the first post indicates rows 12, 12 and 30 are shown as exit seat rows. I’ve not seen an exit row with less than 33-34” pitch, iirc.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Da67
Does anyone know if this plane has power in MCE or First?

Thank you!
I was on N203UW and it had power in F. Not sure if that carries over to the rest of the Hawai’i 757 fleet, but it should (they all have the same F seat now).
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by McSam18

I was on N203UW and it had power in F. Not sure if that carries over to the rest of the Hawai’i 757 fleet, but it should (they all have the same F seat now).

Excellent, thank you!
McSam18 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:19 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The AA seat map in the first post of this thread seems to indicate there its a bulkhead right in front of all of row 13. I've never seen a layout like that on a 757 where, at the 2L entrance, you have a bulkhead immediately to the right after boarding as opposed to having those 3 seats with 4 feet of legroom. Is that bulkhead icon accurate?

If it's what I'm surmising from the posts here, then I would concur with that 13BC are great for the legroom, as well as 12DE. There is no 12F due to the exit door, so it's a good pair of seats for a couple traveling. I've flown in 12D (well, whatever it was on the LUS 757 ETOPS) PHL-AMS and always had a really great 6.5-7 hour trip. My 2nd choice would be 13BC and then something back in row 30. And no, the lav foot traffic shouldn't be a problem on a long overnight flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.