Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA working out of uniform

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
Originally Posted by ffay005
Not really. Could have been a pax working with the cart, serving drinks.

No name tag, no ID badge. Could have worn ID while we were on the ground, that I didn't see.
Yes, I acknowledge you and I acknowlede your concern that it very well could have been a PAX pushing the cart and serving drinks.

And there is nothing to feel ashamed about if others on here suggest you may be over-reacting. Air travel can be quite stressful for some PAX and you have every right to vent on here if it helps you to move past what was obviously a traumatic experience.

Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Also couldn’t it have been an FA in training? On Delta they do this during training to get real hands on experience before officially flying and they wear business attire.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
As long as the FA isn't wearing a parachute I don't care how they dress. Once I say "yes" during the exit row speech our relationship is over.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
As long as they gave you your beverage and pretzel, who the .... cares.

I probably would not even noticed as long as he went through the correct motions..
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:43 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by OTD
I pretty sure one of the male FAs on my PBI-CLT flight this morning was dressed in just this outfit--charcoal pants, white shirt and tie. He did have his FA wings on the shirt. This may be one of the many uniform variations allowed.
Due to the issue with the rashes on the new uniforms, AA had approved certain pseudo "off the shelf" pieces (still provided through a uniform company) as an alternative to the new uniform (the other being wearing the old uniform). It's possible this combination on the male FAs is part of that.

On two flights last week, I also saw two FAs wear the same charcoal dress that is clearly not part of the new uniform nor part of the old LAA or LUS uniform, so I think those are also part of this alternative option.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
When will this be over? I actually find it offensive that pax are supposed to be subordinate to people that refuse to be subordinate to their own. Internal issues about uniforms are confusing and I find those staff wearing the 1980s uniform to be out of touch and definitely not one that cares about the consumer. I avoid them and see them as anti consumer because they thrive on disruption. I’m sure other elites may feel differently and those that don’t have status won’t notice but those wearing the most dated and old AA uniforms to say are the ones that just don’t want to advance the company forward.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
When will this be over?
When they cut all the overpaid and poisonous staff that have been at AA far too long with the next mass layoffs...so probably the next recession. I notice a vast difference in service quality with a new hire over folks that have been there for years-on-end and have had time to sour.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT
When will this be over? I actually find it offensive that pax are supposed to be subordinate to people that refuse to be subordinate to their own. Internal issues about uniforms are confusing and I find those staff wearing the 1980s uniform to be out of touch and definitely not one that cares about the consumer. I avoid them and see them as anti consumer because they thrive on disruption. I’m sure other elites may feel differently and those that don’t have status won’t notice but those wearing the most dated and old AA uniforms to say are the ones that just don’t want to advance the company forward.
I've read this post more than once and can't for the life of me figure out what you're trying to get at.
trooper likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
...those wearing the most dated and old AA uniforms ...
Are some of these FAs wearing the old uniform the ones that get a rash from the new uniforms?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool
I've read this post more than once and can't for the life of me figure out what you're trying to get at.
and why they needed to resurrect an old thread after 15 months
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This thread is obsolete, and we don’t recommend bumping up threads that are not current or accurate today. We will close this thread.

Thank you,

Clark Casual likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.