Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Employees and Family Members - Where are you going with your tickets to paradise?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Employees and Family Members - Where are you going with your tickets to paradise?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:23 pm

Brother is AA pilot and he used his to go around the world. AA to HKG. Then ID on CX to DEL on CX to see the Taj Mahal, and then ID to LHR on BA (tixs were <$150 total). And AA back to the states. Transit in LHR was less than 24 hrs thus avoiding APD. Any intermediate city served by CX and AY/IB and a few others will work. BA/EY and all other non OW will not work for registered companion on ID tickets.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by Antarius
What cabin are they in? Or are they Y with a upgrade if space avail?
space available after revenues, essentially the same as if it was a positive space ticket.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nutwpinut
I haven't been to South America, but I'm sure AA has flights to locations down to South America that would also be a great location.
Definitely.

Argentina, Brazil, Chile etc. are awesome and seemingly never are on sale. Would definitely recommend it. The lack of a significant time change is also a huge plus.

Northern South America isn't super worth it, IMO. 5.5 hours on a a319 to BOG is a thoroughly forgettable experience. (from a flight perspective. Colombia is wonderful as a country)
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Several...
Originally Posted by nutwpinut
If you want your money to really go further and have an adventure, don't go to Hawaii, go to a cheap place in Asia #1 or to a lesser cheap place in Europe or South America #2 . I just realized that your time is limited so it may not be possible for the really cheap Asian countries.

Hong Kong has some good hotels at a reasonable price and you can eat well for a reasonable price as well.
If you had time you could purchase a cheap flight from HKG or TYO to really cheap Asian countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc.. Your money will go a long way there and have an adventure.

In Europe you could go to Prague which is a wonderful place full of history and culture without the high prices.
Athens and Budapest are also cheap European cities with lots of history.

I haven't been to South America, but I'm sure AA has flights to locations down to South America that would also be a great location.
Yes, East Asia is just a bit too far for this trip. We spent quite a bit of time last summer and fall in the EU and Israel. Wherever we go this time, there has to be great golfing options.

We usually find very good rates to/from the middle east on Lufthansa with a connection in Munich. It's actually more expensive to go to Hawaii from CLT than it is to most of Europe and the Middle East. I will keep all of those places in mind. I've been to all of the European cities you mentioned (sans Budapest) but haven't been to East Asia yet.

I homeschool so we travel a ton (my son and I). I also work full time, but I can work wherever I have internet access. Usually when we are studying a topic, we just pack up and go to see what we are learning about. When we were studying WW1 and WW2 last year, for example, we went to Dechau and Versailles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.