Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lap Infant/Child attached to AA award tickets booked in another airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lap Infant/Child attached to AA award tickets booked in another airline

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Even EY's most expensive fares have a sales restriction "TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON THE STOCK OF EY "

It isn't blocking sales of cheap infant fares, it is simply blocking sale of its fares to other airlines in general

If EY allows use of YY fares, then I would expect AA to be able to offer a YY fare - if it doesn't , then indeed, will need to be issued on EY stock

Regardless - even if AA was to be able to sell an EY fare, the infant discount would still be the same as if booked from EY
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Its been a few years since we booked lap infant fares for our son, but from what I recall, using BA/Avios, they would charge 10% of the miles instead of the unrestricted publised fare, so that may be something to look into, esp if you are able to transfer some AMEX pints.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:11 pm
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
My experience over the past couple of days is that even this is not possible. Tried calling EY seven times to add a lap child only to be consistently told that they had a meeting recently and would no longer issue lap child tickets for AA issued awards. Offered to sell me a child fare for $14k. No thank you.

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Bumping this. I think Etihad actually blocks AA from charging infant fare so that they can charge the higher 20% in biz. Spoken to over 10 agents in the last few days and no one seems to able to add an infant ticket to the AAdvantage award on EY. They all say call EY to add.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You will have to make a telephone call and purchase it

Question, what number do I call to make a redemption booking for my baby?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Question, what number do I call to make a redemption booking for my baby?
The reservations number for whichever airline issued the adult ticket.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by deeruck
The reservations number for whichever airline issued the adult ticket.
It was issued on the AA website and the airlines I will be flying with is Iberia (Palma to Madrid) and then Qatar Airways ( Madrid to Doha and then Doha to Muscat)

So not sure which of the 3 do I call? Has anyone else had the same issue?

I only have a reference number for AA on the booking.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
It was issued on the AA website and the airlines I will be flying with is Iberia (Palma to Madrid) and then Qatar Airways ( Madrid to Doha and then Doha to Muscat)

So not sure which of the 3 do I call? Has anyone else had the same issue?

I only have a reference number for AA on the booking.
Iberia and/or Qatar is who I would deal with in order to get the best prices for a lap child ticket for PMI-MAD-DOH-MCT even for AA-issued award tickets for the accompanying adult. Not sure if it would be cheaper to get the lap child booked as a PMI-MAD-DOH-MCT ticket or to have it done as PMI-MAD + MAD-DOH-MCT, but if you’re using the child’s baggage allowance for a lap-child to check in luggage or you have less than 3 hours of connection time at MAD, you will want to have one airline ticket the whole thing (from PMI-MCT) as a single booking.

Sometimes I prefer to get the lap child tickets purchased/issued at the airport itself for the first segment, but that’s best done 4+ hours or days or even more in advance of your desired departure time.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Iberia and/or Qatar is who I would deal with in order to get the best prices for a lap child ticket for PMI-MAD-DOH-MCT even for AA-issued award tickets for the accompanying adult. Not sure if it would be cheaper to get the lap child booked as a PMI-MAD-DOH-MCT ticket or to have it done as PMI-MAD + MAD-DOH-MCT, but if you’re using the child’s baggage allowance for a lap-child to check in luggage or you have less than 3 hours of connection time at MAD, you will want to have one airline ticket the whole thing (from PMI-MCT) as a single booking.

Sometimes I prefer to get the lap child tickets purchased/issued at the airport itself for the first segment, but that’s best done 4+ hours or days or even more in advance of your desired departure time.

Good idea in splitting the ticket and as they are all in one world hope they can put through the luggage all the way through (though there probably wont be any).

I usually buy at the airport for the infant when I fly Qatar Airways however I did not know if thats possible with Iberia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.