Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lounge Guide: HKG / Hong Kong Intl. Airport AA Plaza Premium Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

HKG / Hong Kong Intl Airport Plaza Premium Lounge contracted to AA

Link to HKG information on aa.com

Link to HKG airport website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

There is no Admirals Club at HKG; AA uses the Plaza Premium (West Hall) Lounge.

HKGIA is a Lounge hopper’s paradise. There are several oneworld lounges to use that follo see here for the oneworld lounge located (with hours, etc.) Several have both First and Business lounges. oneworld Emerald members generally have access to First Class lounges on international itineraries (with one guest), Sapphire members Business Class lounge access (with one guest). Both oneworld member and guest must be departing on qualifying oneworld international flights. See Lounge Guide: HKG / Hong Kong Intl. Airport oneworld Lounges

Plaza Premium (West Hall) Lounge

LOCATION: Airside, Level 7 (Departures) in Terminal 1 near Gate 40

NOTE: There are two Plaza Premium Lounge locations; East Hall near Gate 1 and West Hall near Gate 40. Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: American Airlines, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines, SriLankan Airlines.

HOURS: open 24/7

AMENITIES:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Food and Beverages
  • Cimputers, Printers
  • Showers
  • Local telephones

Print Wikipost

Lounge Guide: HKG / Hong Kong Intl. Airport AA Plaza Premium Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Lounge Guide: HKG / Hong Kong Intl. Airport AA Plaza Premium Lounge

HKG / Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok International Airport Plaza Premium (AA Access) Lounge and oneworld Lounges
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
To bring this thread up to date, with the AA flights now, AA does have a contract for AC members to use the Plaza Premium lounge there near gate 40. You can also bring in two guests. When you check in mention the AC membership to the counter agent and they will print invitations. They will ask to see your AC card.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 31, 2018 at 6:38 pm Reason: Deleted post replied to, now in HKG oneworld Lounges thread
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
there is NO reason to go to the plaza premium lounge when there are so many outstanding CX lounges.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by bbmatt
there is NO reason to go to the plaza premium lounge when there are so many outstanding CX lounges.
If someone's an AC member without status, they wouldn't have the option to visit the CX lounges.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Q E D.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I don't think you're taking into consideration those of us that fly with two guests, or those here that fly less than 50,000 miles a year and have to rely on their AC membership for lounge access. Cathay doesn't work in those situations.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tom911
I don't think you're taking into consideration those of us that fly with two guests, or those here that fly less than 50,000 miles a year and have to rely on their AC membership for lounge access. Cathay doesn't work in those situations.
It's interesting and generous of AA to do this for AC members flying Y. I guess Plaza must charge AA less than CX?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by tom911

Sorry, i had no idea AC membership gave you access to 3rd party contract lounges. I've never been a member, but that's a pretty decent perk!

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 31, 2018 at 6:39 pm Reason: Redacted quoted post and reply now in another thread
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Arriving to HKG from LAX via CX Y. What are my lounge options as OW Sapphire if not connecting to another flight? Have Admiral's Club (Citi Exec) and Priority Pass Select (via Amex Plat). Want to take an early morning shower after getting off -- hotel might not have room ready. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Arriving to HKG from LAX via CX Y. What are my lounge options as OW Sapphire if not connecting to another flight? Have Admiral's Club (Citi Exec) and Priority Pass Select (via Amex Plat). Want to take an early morning shower after getting off -- hotel might not have room ready. Thanks in advance.
AFAIK, the only lounges available for arrival are CX's The Arrival, which you cannot access, and the Plaza Premium arrival, which is a pay-in lounge. Your Priority Pass Select can only be used for departure lounges.

In other words, there is no lounge you can access free of charge.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Quick lounge access question:

I'm flying J on AA138 today (currently sitting in the CX lounge in Bangkok), but did not receive any kind of lounge invitation at CX check-in for the AA leg.

I am both an Admiral's club member, and AA PLT (so Sapphire) but don't have a real Admiral's club card (Executive MC) and apparently never moved my current PLT card into my wallet (I have my expired EXP card from last year.)

I don't much care what lounge I go to -- much as I like the CX lounges, the contract one is fine -- but since it's a contract one I doubt they're going to be able look up my AC membership or OW status via my credit card or AAdvantage number.

What's my best play for getting into a lounge? Or did I just screw myself by bringing the wrong AAdvantage card?

(eta: my BKK-issued boarding passes don't say "Sapphire" or "Platinum" anywhere on them; is there any actual AA station at a transfer desk where I could get them reissued where they might then indicate it?)

Eta2: my first leg BP for BKK-HKG does show Sapphire. Odd that the AA legs do not. Tempted to just try my luck at the Wing and see how it goes.

Eta3: Yep, I worried overmuch. There was only one agent at the West transfer desk and a long line, so just went up through security to departures. Got some lunch, went to the wing. Offered them both BPs, they just scanned the HKG-DFW leg, gave me a re-entry stamp and waved me in.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Sticklers for elite card for The Wing Access?

I qualified for EXP 11/30 after being Platinum for a year and don't have a new card yet. Do they want to see the physical card here? I've been once and I did have a proper card at the time. The BA people in LHR never seemed to want it as of course status is generally correctly associated with the reservation and FF#.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by fanger
I qualified for EXP 11/30 after being Platinum for a year and don't have a new card yet. Do they want to see the physical card here? I've been once and I did have a proper card at the time. The BA people in LHR never seemed to want it as of course status is generally correctly associated with the reservation and FF#.
never had to show it. the boarding pass with Emerald status is good (or the separate lounge invitation card given at check-in)
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by fanger
At LHR some years ago I was asked for my card.

At Hongkers, never.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
How does the Plaza Premium (West Hall) lounge compare to the Club Bauhinia lounge?

These are my two options because I'm flying CX Y as an AA Gold/OW Ruby, but I have an Admirals Club membership through CC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.