Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Today I received the wrong status card from American

Old Jan 29, 18, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold; Hyatt & MLife-Platinum, RCI-Diamond

Bad enough I dropped from EXP to Platinum Pro (after buying a boost on November 8th), but what arrives in the mail, a Platinum card. I'm also wait listed for a couple of upgrades to Europe in 2018, so I feel its important to have the right status.

I called American EXP desk (I'm still an EXP until Wednesday. I was told, they will first put me at the status based on my miles and then after Thursday, my boost status should show up and I'll get a new card 5 weeks from then. What a waste of a mailing and resources cutting the wrong Advantage card.

the good news is I just retired (one reason I slowed down my work travel). I canceled my AA Executive card and thus losing the Admirals club domestically (but still have my one world status). My HHonors new American Express will give me 10 of those priority passes. While I know that club isn't all that, I'm not totally going to go into shock this year. Maybe next year. I still have a lot of personal travel planned and looking forward to retirement.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 29, 18, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
I don't think it's the wrong card, it's just normal procedure they are following. I was dropped last year as well but made PPro and EXP only couple days apart, and I got both cards after I made EXP.
Old Jan 29, 18, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
My husband got the wrong card also (gold) but the words on the mailing indicated the correct status (he had bought up to platinum)
Old Jan 29, 18, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA-SIL MR-TIT IHG-PLT HH-DIA WYN-PLT AMEX-PLT
A great thing about getting multiple cards is you'll have more AApplause certificates to give out this year
Old Feb 1, 18, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold; Hyatt & MLife-Platinum, RCI-Diamond
I just signed on to AA and it is only showing me as Platinum. So do I call again, sitting on hold, etc and find out why its not showing Platinum Pro?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: