Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AA Executive card; 1 Day Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club Annual and Citi Executive Card Memberships and One Day Passes

NOTE: See Changes to Admirals Club membership (aa.com)

and Admirals Club rates increasing, new restrictions: 2019 (FT)

for changes that have come to Admirals Club membership.

1 Feb 2019: Annual Membership fees increase

11 Feb 2019:Household Membership discount discontinued

1 Nov 2019: Same day boarding pass on AA, AS or oneworld flight required for Admirals Club access This applies to member, authorized Citi Exec card user and guests.

Guests must be accompanied by the eligible member and present boarding pass for same-day travel on American, Alaska or a oneworld airline.
Link to Admirals Club membership page (including rates, etc.

ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP (including Citi® AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard®)

1. The most economical way to gain full Club membership is with the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM MasterCard® ($450 annual fee). See Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM MasterCard®. Also see Link to Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM MasterCard® Terms and Conditions.

Authorized cardholders flying the same day they fly AA, AS or oneworld (must present boarding passes) are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well (not Alaska or Qantas Clubs, oneworld or partner lounges, etc. unless eligible under the lounge’s access rules,) and may guest immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests into Admirals Clubs.

2. Annual membership can be purchased from AA. The rate depends on your status. See the page linked to above to determine your fee in US Dollars or AAdvantage miles (you can also use Business Extra Points from the Business Extra account). If you have not held membership, it have had a lapse in membership, there is also an initiation fee. See link

3. "Household" memberships are NO LONGER sold for spouses, people who hold spousal equivalency and registered domestic partners as of 11 Feb 2019. (However, authorized users of the Citi Executive MasterCard have access.)

4. Where members can go
  • Domestic and international Admirals Club locations (not Flagship Lounges)
  • All Alaska Airlines Lounges (when departing on flights marketed and operated by American, Alaska Airlines)
  • All Qantas Clubs (when departing on same-day flights operated by Qantas, or operated by American out of Auckland, New Zealand or Sydney, Australia)
  • Select partner lounges operated by third parties (on same-day flights operated by American)

5. Members may host immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests. They must have boarding passes for AA, AS or oneworld flights the same day.

Thirty day memberships are no longer available as of 25 Jul 2016.

WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN Admirals Club lounges?

Welcome to the Admirals Club! (link)

What's complimentary:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • House wine, beer and spirits (complimentary bottom shelf spirits)
  • Light snacks as well as coffee, specialty coffee drinks, tea and soft drinks (now expanded to oatmeal and baked goods mornings, soups, guacamole to order afternoons)
  • Personal use computers with Internet access*
  • Cyber-cafes*
  • Power outlets to help you stay connected
  • Work areas with access to copiers and printers
  • Shower suites*
  • Children’s play areas*
  • Personal travel assistance with your reservations

As well as other amenities for pay, including:

• Premium brand spirits available for purchase in all U.S. locations**
  • Food for purchase** in most U.S. locations (menus may vary by location)
  • Conference rooms* (discounted member rates and catering available)
  • Admirals Club lounge
*In select locations
**Complimentary in international club locations

Link to Admirals Club Drinks /Spirits Offerings & Policies (link)

ONE DAY PASS

American Airlines also sells a One Day Pass for $59, usable by one person (non-transferable and non-refundable) good for any Clubs* the individual may have access to during their travel day (and if traveling overnight the first Club in the point of arrival the following day if the member can access a inside or Club location).

*one day pass holders may be denied access for capacity reasons at Clubs under refurbishment.

NOTE: The sale of One Day Passes is generally suspended at Admirals Clubs under active refurbishment.

One Day Pass does not offer any membership privileges, and allows no (adult) guest privileges, although up to 3 children under the age of 18 years of age may be admitted at no additional charge with adult One-Day Pass visitor. Those One Day Pass holders purchasing a full Admirals Club membership within 30 days will get a $59 credit applied to their membership fee.

One day pass links no longer work; one day passes may no longer be purchased on line. Purchase one day passes at airport Clubs not under refurbishment.

Notes: *Please note Admirals Club lounges in Canada, Europe, Asia, Central and South America located beyond passport control may not be accessible due to airport imposed restrictions. These include: BOG, CCS, CDG, GIG, GRU, LHR, MEX, NRT, SCL, YYZ.

● Admirals Club has reciprocity agreements for access under specified conditions to Alaska Airlines Board Room, Qantas Club, and some individual lounges (e.g. DUB, DUS, FRA, MXP, ZRH etc. Please use the Lounge Dashboard "sticky" thread to easily find the threads discussing these other airline lounge access requirements and to the master threads pertaining to specific lounges. (These do not apply to One Dap Pass holders.)

● Note: Members are able to contact Admirals Club Member Services (see below) 24 hours in advance even when not flying and request gate passes for themselves and others meeting at an Admirals Club for business purposes:

VISITING THE Admirals Club WHEN NOT FLYING

Members not flying can access Clubs when they have airside access and the airport doesn’t restrict lounge access to departing passengers.

Members can not secure a gate pass from a ticket agent.

Members can not secure a gate pass with merely "declared business purpose" for themselves and others any longer (14 Sep 2016).

Members and non-members can schedule and attend business meetings in the Admirals Club® or Executive Center if they have rented a conference room in a Club with such and are registered on the daily meeting list. See below.

This requires arrangements at least 24 (workday) hours in advance.

FAQ link including a Club access.

Q. I am a member and would like to meet someone at the airport, but I'm not flying today on AA, AS or oneworld airline. Can I get through Security to get to the Admirals Club lounge?

A: No. Only those registered in advance and attending a conference in a rented conference room may have access. Casual access / walking up to the ticket counter to request a gate pass is not permitted; please do not put employees in an uncomfortable position by asking.

To do so you must :
  • Present a valid government I.D.
  • Have your name on the daily meeting list

To add names of those attending an event in a rented conference room to the daily meeting list, call at least 24 hours in advance:
  • Admirals Club number/AAdvantage® number
  • Legal name as it appears on government issued identification for each individual
  • Birth dates, including year, for each individual (maximum of two guests allowed for non-conference room meeting)*
  • Location, date and time of non-conference room meeting

We will arrange for Security clearance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to allow you to get to the lounge. This opportunity is available for Admirals Club members only (and their authorized guests), and you will be required to show your Admirals Club membership card, along with a government-issued photo ID.

*(Times corrected to current service center hours)

Q. CAN I PURCHASE A FULLY REFUNDABLE AA TICKET FOR ACCESS?

No. It's honestly not a good idea, as this practice is specifically prohibited by American Airlines' Conditions of Carriage (Link):

American specifically prohibits practices commonly known as:

...Fraudulent, fictitious and abusive bookings: Fraudulent, fictitious and/or abusive bookings are prohibited. These types of bookings are defined as ... or to gain access to airport facilities....

CONTACTING Admirals Club

Have questions or comments about our Admirals Club lounges? Need information about locations, membership or club amenities?

Send us an email

Visit our web page

Call us
Within the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico: 800-237-7971

Other locations: 817-963-6100; 817-963-6015 (Fax)

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
Admirals Club
4333 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 5307
Fort Worth, TX 76155

Executive Card - additional information: As one Club employee posted on millionmilesecrets:

"* Here are the rules…I work at the Club

1. Only the primary card holder is a member. Note the word member... The member (or now, authorized user, flying AA, AS or oneworld the same day) is allowed to bring in 2 guests OR immediate family which cannot exceed 2 people over 18 and all children under 18. For example John cannot bring in his wife, his 2 daughters and their husbands. He can bring in 2. If his daughters are under 18 they do not count toward the guest count of 2...

2. Our computers tell us if one is an authorized user. (Your AAdvantage number and if you are a cardholder in good standing - jd.)".

"House Rules" link to updated Club Terms and Conditions, including house rules.

HOUSE RULES
  • During your visit to an Admirals Club lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
  • American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Admirals Club lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.
  • As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devises such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.
  • Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Admirals Club lounges.
  • American reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
  • Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Admirals Club are for consumption and use inside the Admirals Club only and may not be removed.
  • Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Admirals Club lounges.
  • Service animals are welcome in Admirals Club lounges. Quiet pets accompanying guests onboard the aircraft are also permitted, provided they remain in their carry-on kennels.
  • Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in Admirals Club lounges, where available.
  • Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any member or visitor for such conduct, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.

See Admirals Club History for the history of the Admirals Club.

Older posts have archived. Link to archive thread.

Print Wikipost

GUIDE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AA Executive card; 1 Day Pass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:29 pm

Can we put a milesaaver ticket on hold on AA.com and then call AA and ticket it with the reduced mileage amount?

Are tickets issued with the reduced mileage amount still fully refundable for EXP flyers?

Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by Ross0
Can we put a milesaaver ticket on hold on AA.com and then call AA and ticket it with the reduced mileage amount?

Are tickets issued with the reduced mileage amount still fully refundable for EXP flyers?

Thanks.
Yes and yes, if the miles come from the EXP's account.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Has anyone else been accused of trying to cheat the system when booking a reduced mileage award? I have an Aviator Red and Citi AAdvantage Platinum. I use a different card (like I've done dozens of times) for the taxes/fees for the built-in travel insurance. I called the EXP desk to apply the discount to a trip to RIC on hold. At the end of the call, the rep says, "So do you actually have the card that qualifies for this?"

What the heck? Don't they a) have that information on their screen and b) want to do a bit of research before accusing someone, especially a frequent flyer, of fraud?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
As a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM MasterCard holder it says I can access select partner lounges operated by third parties (on same-day flights operated by American)

If i'm on a AA flight operated by BA, (ORD to LHR), do I have access to the BA lounge in T5? I'm thinking I don't. Was hoping to use the 2 guest policy.

I do have PLT Pro status so I think that gives me lounge access for myself. But I'm traveling with 2 friends, does that mean they will not have access?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
My Exec credit card # was compromised and I have a new card on the way. One of my authorized users is currently traveling with one of the (now closed) cards in hand. Does anybody know if they will be able to get in with a card with a closed account number, even though my overall account with Citi is still open on a new card number?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I don't believe that authorized users AAdvantage numbers are linked to your Executive Card account. AFAIK, my authorized users gain admittance to the Admirals Club by showing the physical card and a photo ID.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hilton, IHG
Just a quick tip for those with a Citi Executive card. When you add authorized users, they get access to Admirals Clubs. However, those authorized users do not need to activate the card in order to access the club. This may give you some peace of mind giving out authorized user cards.

I contribute to a friend’s annual fee and he makes me an authorized user. When I got the card, I peeled off the sticker and didn’t call/register. The card works for admission. Obviously I can’t charge on it.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Originally Posted by TWA884
I don't believe that authorized users AAdvantage numbers are linked to your Executive Card account. AFAIK, my authorized users gain admittance to the Admirals Club by showing the physical card and a photo ID.
Right, hence why I wonder if the physical card number has changed due to a reissue of a new number (but it's the same account), whether that old card will work. The agents scan the card into the computer, not sure what it's actually checking. I guess we will find out!

Originally Posted by BPCGuy
I contribute to a friend’s annual fee and he makes me an authorized user. When I got the card, I peeled off the sticker and didn’t call/register. The card works for admission. Obviously I can’t charge on it.
On the paperwork I got with new cards today, it says: "Note for accounts with authorized users. When the primary cardmember's card is activated, we'll also activate the cards of any authorized users."
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Azulcactus

On the paperwork I got with new cards today, it says: "Note for accounts with authorized users. When the primary cardmember's card is activated, we'll also activate the cards of any authorized users."
You may want to call Citi and ask this: "If there is a problem with my AU's card getting access to the lounge, can the AU purchase a one-day pass and you will reimburse me later?" They allowed me to do this one time when there was a goof-up with my membership. Citi was really cool about it.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by BPCGuy
Just a quick tip for those with a Citi Executive card. When you add authorized users, they get access to Admirals Clubs. However, those authorized users do not need to activate the card in order to access the club. This may give you some peace of mind giving out authorized user cards.

You can't? I thought that's what an authorized user is - authorized.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
OP is incorrect.
The following is correct...

Originally Posted by Azulcactus
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Authorized user cards have the exact same credit card number and code on them. There is no separate activation, they all activate together with the primary cardholder.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Authorized user cards have the exact same credit card number and code on them. There is no separate activation, they all activate together with the primary cardholder.
Yes. What I am questioning is the supposed inability of the authorized user to charge.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Feb 22, 2018 at 12:11 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Yes. What I am questioning is the supposed inability of the authorized used to charge.
Yes, I am seconding your thoughts.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, what BPCGuy is eluding to is the difference from activating the account and a card issued to an authorized user. As reported, once the new card is activated, all cards on the account are activated, so you are not allowed to limit your exposure unless you choose to not activate any cards on the account. It would be interesting to know if an authorized user would be allowed to activate the account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.