Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lack of Leadership? CEO Parker unfamiliar with 737 MAX 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of Leadership? CEO Parker unfamiliar with 737 MAX 8

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
Originally Posted by bse118
AA isn't the only US airline installing slimline lavs - DL's had those things for years.

I'd rather Parker fly the competition than AA - better he experience what others are doing. In reality - it's not the job of a CEO to be intimately concerned with the details of day to day passenger experience. He's got teams of people devoted to that.
Actually, he needs to do BOTH.

He needs to fly the competition, to see what they are doing, AND he needs to fly his own airline, to see how his airline matches up to the competition. I suspect he might learn something. (OK, this may be wishful thinking.)

Observation: JL and CX know that it is the passengers who pay their salaries. It is not clear to me that AA completely understands this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:19 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by mvoight
I don't expect the CEO of any company to keep me informed of which of the company's product's used or has not used.
I wouldn't expect him to fly in Y, and we already know how much some customers hate it when non-revs fly in business or first.
If a mock-up is not available prior to a multi-million/billion dollar purchase, there surely is the option of flying on the plane after delivery and prior to seats being sold to the public...
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:24 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
What AA is trying do is confusing.
Reverse herringbone J internationally, World Class Flagship lounge but when flying domestically in the US there are no flatbeds for F pax, no lounge access for F pax, awful food options, no curtains and not even the cliche 49" pitch and a leg rest (global standards for short haul excluding EU).
You would think that making Y miserable on their MAXes would be a ploy to get people to buy up to 'F', but even there cuts have been made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.