Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seat etc.

ARCHIVE: 2016 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seat etc.

Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:48 pm
mlm

American Business Aircraft 763

Is AA's 763 Business Class the aircraft that has an unmoveable partition between the 2 seats in the middle section of Biz Class? I sat there on an AA flight once but don't remember the aircraft. Thank you.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by mlm
Is AA's 763 Business Class the aircraft that has an unmoveable partition between the 2 seats in the middle section of Biz Class? I sat there on an AA flight once but don't remember the aircraft. Thank you.
The older "NGBC" center seats have no partition at all, iirc.

The newer all aisle access seats do have an immovable partition.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...0-zrh-jfk.html.

We will move this to the aircraft help desk thread soon.

/Moderator
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Question AA169 - 1-2-1 layout?

Originally Posted by Longboater
LAX-HND, which is operated at almost the exact same time as LAX-NRT, will be operated by a Dreamliner, with flatbeds. A majority of the 772 should be refitted by next May.
I'm booked on AA169 on Jan 7, 2017 and AA seat map for seat selection shows 1-2-1. Seatguru shows the old layout. Should I trust
aa.com over seatguru.com?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by aragno
I'm booked on AA169 on Jan 7, 2017 and AA seat map for seat selection shows 1-2-1. Seatguru shows the old layout. Should I trust
aa.com over seatguru.com?
Ignore Seatguru.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by Longboater
Ignore Seatguru.
Thanks!

I'll do the same for JAL as AA agent said JAL aircraft was 1-2-1 while seatguru showed 2-2-2 (recliner seats) on flights between NRT and SIN.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by aragno
Thanks!

I'll do the same for JAL as AA agent said JAL aircraft was 1-2-1 while seatguru showed 2-2-2 (recliner seats) on flights between NRT and SIN.
For the JL flights, go to the JAL website and look up the schedule. It'll show the aircraft type, including the seating configuration, for each flight number. This helped me avoid old versions of their J seat.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:30 am

ORD-LHR now using 787?

I've tried to find out if this is accurate or published anywhere but have had no luck. I'm flying OTD-LHR in December. Flights were booked months ago and were supposed to be on 777 of some sort. My seats have been changed and it appears, according to the AA website, that this flight is now a 787. Is this accurate? Does anyone know if these are long term changes to the ORD to Europe equipment? It certainly is an upgrade from the 763s I've flown to Europe with them.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Tintam
I've tried to find out if this is accurate or published anywhere but have had no luck. I'm flying OTD-LHR in December. Flights were booked months ago and were supposed to be on 777 of some sort. My seats have been changed and it appears, according to the AA website, that this flight is now a 787. Is this accurate? Does anyone know if these are long term changes to the ORD to Europe equipment? It certainly is an upgrade from the 763s I've flown to Europe with them.
Both of my flights in December and January are now on a 787 too. I haven't flown on this type of aircraft on the ORD-LHR route before.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:25 am

Yes. Looks like beginning on the 15th they are flying at least one 787-8, with the 77W and 763s in the mix too
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:21 am

B767 or A330 Biz?

Planning a trip to Italy and have the option of booking 767 out of Milan or A330 out of Venice in Biz. Any suggestions or experiences of which is better?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by werDrD
Planning a trip to Italy and have the option of booking 767 out of Milan or A330 out of Venice in Biz. Any suggestions or experiences of which is better?
If you only care about the seat, take the A330. There are still 767s with "angle" seating and they have tablet IFE. But there are a lot of other considerations, such as whether they involve different connection cities, etc.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
767 is the staggered configuration with the foothole cubbies like you'll find on DL and others. CIP didn't include IFE so you'll get a Samsung tablet that will be collected prior to landing

A330 is legacy US envoy seats- they were one of the first reverse herringbone products. The seats are a little bit older than some of the other AA installations but I think are hands down better - more private, more storage space, built in IFE, no coffin like cubby hole, etc

Service will be hit or miss either way. I'd go A330
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:51 am

I believe they retrofitted the 767-300 a bit but its still a cubbyhole angle seat. I'd go with the old US330 biz class seats. Its a long flight and you want to be as rested as possible when you arrive

Cheers!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
A330 -- no question.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by CG17
I believe they retrofitted the 767-300 a bit but its still a cubbyhole angle seat. I'd go with the old US330 biz class seats. Its a long flight and you want to be as rested as possible when you arrive

Cheers!
Incorrect. The renovated 767 seats are lie flat all aisle access.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.