Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Plane change and bump from business to economy on AA 693 A330 HNL-PHX (1/24/18)

Plane change and bump from business to economy on AA 693 A330 HNL-PHX (1/24/18)

Reply

Old Jan 24, 18, 8:48 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 26
Plane change and bump from business to economy on AA 693 A330 HNL-PHX (1/24/18)

At koa now AA called with plane change. Anyone know what the plane will be. We are getting bumped from biz a330 to premium economy on something else.
qsurplus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 18, 8:57 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Treasure Coast, FL
Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Posts: 4,027
Flight stats shows it changed from tail N274AY to N278AY. Both show as A330. Looks like the plane you are on has 20 business class seats.

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...1/23/947228508
apodo77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 18, 9:07 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 26
Thx they gave us 40k points back, $1000 in vouchers & exit row seats
aztimm and Gerbs like this.
qsurplus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 18, 9:31 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW/DAL
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Posts: 18,779
Originally Posted by qsurplus View Post
At koa now AA called with plane change. Anyone know what the plane will be. We are getting bumped from biz a330 to premium economy on something else.
Do you mean MCE? Or do they really have Prem Economy on this route?
mvoight is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 18, 9:55 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 310
looks like a 330-200 got subbed for some reason...less F seats and if it has been retrofitted it should have Premium Economy. Sucks you won't have the lie flats home though. My wife and I are on that flight next week on BXP1 upgrades... I hope it doesn't happen again...
davidsc111 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 18, 10:39 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Do you mean MCE? Or do they really have Prem Economy on this route?
no it is exit row economy. Typing from airport
qsurplus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 18, 10:48 pm
  #7  
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: PHX
Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 8,020
Originally Posted by qsurplus View Post
no it is exit row economy. Typing from airport
My condolences -- that's a big fall from flat bed international business class.

I do have to say I am a little surprised with the pretty generous compensation they provided. That seems fairly un-American (Airlines) of late.
aztimm likes this.
AZ Travels the World is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 18, 10:56 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Posts: 96
Huh? You must mean HNL-PHX not KOA (Kona on the Big Island). If you are actually in Kona there has never been an AA 330 on that route that I'm aware of. I just flew KOA-PHX last week on a 757 with a terrible J seat. I was tempted to fly back to HNL and take a 330 home since their seats are so much nicer especially for a red eye. I didn't get any sleep at all on the 757.
Hippster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 18, 12:05 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Hippster View Post
Huh? You must mean HNL-PHX not KOA (Kona on the Big Island). If you are actually in Kona there has never been an AA 330 on that route that I'm aware of. I just flew KOA-PHX last week on a 757 with a terrible J seat. I was tempted to fly back to HNL and take a 330 home since their seats are so much nicer especially for a red eye. I didn't get any sleep at all on the 757.
yes hnl to phx
qsurplus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 18, 12:08 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World View Post
My condolences -- that's a big fall from flat bed international business class.

I do have to say I am a little surprised with the pretty generous compensation they provided. That seems fairly un-American (Airlines) of late.
less generous now as its not exit row at check in.
qsurplus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 18, 12:10 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Hippster View Post
Huh? You must mean HNL-PHX not KOA (Kona on the Big Island). If you are actually in Kona there has never been an AA 330 on that route that I'm aware of. I just flew KOA-PHX last week on a 757 with a terrible J seat. I was tempted to fly back to HNL and take a 330 home since their seats are so much nicer especially for a red eye. I didn't get any sleep at all on the 757.
going to be a long nite, but explained to wife its basically another trip to take
qsurplus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 18, 12:12 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by apodo77 View Post
Flight stats shows it changed from tail N274AY to N278AY. Both show as A330. Looks like the plane you are on has 20 business class seats.

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...1/23/947228508
thx
qsurplus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 18, 9:53 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry, SPG/Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,592
Originally Posted by qsurplus View Post
Thx they gave us 40k points back, $1000 in vouchers & exit row seats
Can I ask - did you pay/upgrade using points? I'm not asking to diminish the trouble you went through, I'm trying to learn what AA's reimbursement approach is for the downgrade (I consider the voucher like an apology).
Gig103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 18, 10:01 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 39,719
Note that in addition to the customer service gestures, e.g. points and vouchers, you are contractually entiitled to a refund of the fare difference between F and Y. Make that claim after you are back home.
Often1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 18, 11:35 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 310
Originally Posted by qsurplus View Post
less generous now as its not exit row at check in.
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Can I ask - did you pay/upgrade using points? I'm not asking to diminish the trouble you went through, I'm trying to learn what AA's reimbursement approach is for the downgrade (I consider the voucher like an apology).
Sorry to hear about your uncomfortable flight home....I'm also interested in whether you purchased F or used an upgrade instrument (I'm sure you're home trying to sleep now). I suspect we'll never find out why they subbed a 200 for a 300 but I have to believe it wasn't done lightly as it interrupts 4 flights (CLT-PHX, PHX-HNL, HNL-PHX, PHX-CLT). Hopefully it doesn't happen again.... : )
davidsc111 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread