Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Plane change and bump from business to economy on AA 693 A330 HNL-PHX (1/24/18)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

At koa now AA called with plane change. Anyone know what the plane will be. We are getting bumped from biz a330 to premium economy on something else.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Flight stats shows it changed from tail N274AY to N278AY. Both show as A330. Looks like the plane you are on has 20 business class seats.

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...1/23/947228508
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Thx they gave us 40k points back, $1000 in vouchers & exit row seats
aztimm and Gerbs like this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by qsurplus
At koa now AA called with plane change. Anyone know what the plane will be. We are getting bumped from biz a330 to premium economy on something else.
Do you mean MCE? Or do they really have Prem Economy on this route?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
looks like a 330-200 got subbed for some reason...less F seats and if it has been retrofitted it should have Premium Economy. Sucks you won't have the lie flats home though. My wife and I are on that flight next week on BXP1 upgrades... I hope it doesn't happen again...
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight
Do you mean MCE? Or do they really have Prem Economy on this route?
no it is exit row economy. Typing from airport
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
no it is exit row economy. Typing from airport
My condolences -- that's a big fall from flat bed international business class.

I do have to say I am a little surprised with the pretty generous compensation they provided. That seems fairly un-American (Airlines) of late.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Huh? You must mean HNL-PHX not KOA (Kona on the Big Island). If you are actually in Kona there has never been an AA 330 on that route that I'm aware of. I just flew KOA-PHX last week on a 757 with a terrible J seat. I was tempted to fly back to HNL and take a 330 home since their seats are so much nicer especially for a red eye. I didn't get any sleep at all on the 757.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hippster
Huh? You must mean HNL-PHX not KOA (Kona on the Big Island). If you are actually in Kona there has never been an AA 330 on that route that I'm aware of. I just flew KOA-PHX last week on a 757 with a terrible J seat. I was tempted to fly back to HNL and take a 330 home since their seats are so much nicer especially for a red eye. I didn't get any sleep at all on the 757.
yes hnl to phx
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
My condolences -- that's a big fall from flat bed international business class.

I do have to say I am a little surprised with the pretty generous compensation they provided. That seems fairly un-American (Airlines) of late.
less generous now as its not exit row at check in.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hippster
going to be a long nite, but explained to wife its basically another trip to take
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apodo77
Flight stats shows it changed from tail N274AY to N278AY. Both show as A330. Looks like the plane you are on has 20 business class seats.

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...1/23/947228508
thx
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Thx they gave us 40k points back, $1000 in vouchers & exit row seats
Can I ask - did you pay/upgrade using points? I'm not asking to diminish the trouble you went through, I'm trying to learn what AA's reimbursement approach is for the downgrade (I consider the voucher like an apology).
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Note that in addition to the customer service gestures, e.g. points and vouchers, you are contractually entiitled to a refund of the fare difference between F and Y. Make that claim after you are back home.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
less generous now as its not exit row at check in.
Originally Posted by Gig103
Can I ask - did you pay/upgrade using points? I'm not asking to diminish the trouble you went through, I'm trying to learn what AA's reimbursement approach is for the downgrade (I consider the voucher like an apology).
Sorry to hear about your uncomfortable flight home....I'm also interested in whether you purchased F or used an upgrade instrument (I'm sure you're home trying to sleep now). I suspect we'll never find out why they subbed a 200 for a 300 but I have to believe it wasn't done lightly as it interrupts 4 flights (CLT-PHX, PHX-HNL, HNL-PHX, PHX-CLT). Hopefully it doesn't happen again.... : )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.