Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by 4aks
Flying tomorrow, first time since going from ExPlat down to no status

i’ll cross 25k miles in a few weeks, but spend will only be $1600

if I buy MCE/preferred seat upgrades, does this count towards the spend goal?
I was told last year that any fees paid for at the time of booking would be counted for EQD, so if you pay for MCE when you originally booked the flight it would count. Perhaps this is changed.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Free booze starts today right? DPs?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AAdamE
I was told last year that any fees paid for at the time of booking would be counted for EQD, so if you pay for MCE when you originally booked the flight it would count. Perhaps this is changed.
What is your original source? I don't think that was ever the case. I could be wrong but I think it has always been that no extraneous fees counted toward EQD.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Amb
AA0564 SJC-PHX - no overhead placards and no free drinks. I asked the FA if she knew when the new policy was kicking in and she had no idea. I (half) jokingly said I'd hoped it was March 1st.. I was still charged for my drink.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
SMF-DFW today and still no free drink in MCE.

I have a feeling this will go about as well as PDBs and other policies. Some FAs will follow it, most will pretend to not know anything about it and continue to charge people or tell customers that they aren’t EXP so they need to pay.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:17 pm

Someone please leak an internal memo or something showing that drinks are free beginning 3/1.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jacobguo
Someone please leak an internal memo or something showing that drinks are free beginning 3/1.
There was never a memo that said comp drinks began Feb 1, nor was there was never a memo that said comp drinks began March 1.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Flew MIA-SAN last night and although the MCE only stickers were showing on the overhead bins, it wasn't being enforced and worse than that, I was charged for my can of Sam Adams even though I was sitting in an exit row within MCE. ;(

Oh well, I'll just claim it as a meal expense -not that I could have bought a meal. The flight was scheduled for an 8PM departure, which was right at the cut off, so no sandwiches were loaded.

I flew out the day before on a SAN-PHX-MCO route, so LUS and they didn't even have the MCE stickers on the overheads yet.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
The only published memo is in this article in Forward Cabin (first post of this thread) " https://theforwardcabin.com/2018/01/24/new-enhancements-coming-americans-main-cabin-extra-seating/".

The only date mentioned was Feb 1 for the MCE overhead bin labels. Free drinks are slated for this spring, date unknown..
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I'm confused about MCE boarding group. The article at top of thread says maybe group 6 but AS website says Group 5. My BP (MCS but no status) says Group 6 Main. What is right?
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/boarding-process.jsp
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Free booze starts today right? DPs?
Apparently not.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Flew MIA-SAN last night and although the MCE only stickers were showing on the overhead bins, it wasn't being enforced and worse than that, I was charged for my can of Sam Adams even though I was sitting in an exit row within MCE. ;(

Oh well, I'll just claim it as a meal expense -not that I could have bought a meal. The flight was scheduled for an 8PM departure, which was right at the cut off, so no sandwiches were loaded.

I flew out the day before on a SAN-PHX-MCO route, so LUS and they didn't even have the MCE stickers on the overheads yet.
The memo did say FA's are NOT RESPONSIBLE for enforcing the MCE reserved bin space. So, of course, it's not really reserved............
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:40 am

Was alcohol always free in MCE on JFKLAX?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
I don't think so, at least from what they described:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...cabin-food.jsp
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
It depends on how fast you can grab the bottles off the cart.......
AAway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.