Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Obviously I don't recall correctly. So from what I'm reading in post 180, if any seat in a row has direct access to the exit, that entire row must be designated as an exit row. Interestingly, it doesn't address "exit row spacing" in that row. Hence, you have designated exit rows without exit row spacing.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
Now that Spring has officially arrived, any update on when the "New Enhancements" will take effect?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I'm in MCE with the econometrics crew tomorrow. I'll report back. Don't hold your breath.
hawaii-bound and GTITAN like this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Obviously I don't recall correctly. So from what I'm reading in post 180, if any seat in a row has direct access to the exit, that entire row must be designated as an exit row. Interestingly, it doesn't address "exit row spacing" in that row. Hence, you have designated exit rows without exit row spacing.
As well as exit row pricing without exit row spacing. The disappointment on my 6' 4" seatmate's face in 12 E (on a LAA 321) was quite evident; he had paid $90 for the seat.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
As well as exit row pricing without exit row spacing. The disappointment on my 6' 4" seatmate's face in 12 E (on a LAA 321) was quite evident; he had paid $90 for the seat.
That's a genuine MCE seat and I assume that was the standard MCE price. I guess it's not quite as much legroom as some MCE exit rows. But not like "exit row" seats with no extra legroom, which might be sold as preferred but not as MCE.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by econometrics
I'm in MCE with the econometrics crew tomorrow. I'll report back. Don't hold your breath.
Noticed the "Reserved for MCE" stickers in the bins. And, the fam and I boarded close to last and - viola - there was still space for us. Maybe people are obeying the rules?

Other than that, no new benefits offered.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I have had to suffer Group 6 boarding for the last 3 weeks while in my Plat challenge (did not buy pre-granted status) but remarkably I had plenty of bin space available at my MCE seat without any signs. Now that I am Plat in Group 3 there will be less stress.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:35 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Why do I get the feeling that this free booze thing is going to roll out around the end of spring and be gone by the beginning of summer...?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Enhancement on AA4 (LAX-JFK) yesterday was a single pass through the cabin with the beverage cart for the duration of the flight. As a courtesy, the FAs did set up a self-serve water station in the galley so passengers would not have to go thirsty while the FAs were busy on their smartphones.
JBauer, coolcoil and potus18 like this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Mar 24, 2018 at 11:33 pm Reason: grammar
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Why do I get the feeling that this free booze thing is going to roll out around the end of spring and be gone by the beginning of summer...?
I feel like its going to be free wine and beer only, which will limit consumption.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by AAdamE
I feel like its going to be free wine and beer only, which will limit consumption.
Not mine! LOL
Safe Travels
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
So, the complimentary beer/wine thing is still not yet rolled out?

Flying AA 265 tomorrow (LAX->LIH). Currently in 15C (which I'm happy with as far as seats go), and doubt I'll get the upgrade to J, but wondering if it's worth while to keep watching the site for an MCE seat to open up and try to catch it?

To be succinct, I would only be doing this for the complimentary booze, no other reason -- I am going on vacation after all (and already plan to be having Mai Tai's at the beach that evening).

If the 'free booze' isn't even rolled out yet, I'll just stay where I am, and perhaps purchase a couple of whatever IPA's they're offering on that flight (at least I've got the Aviator card to knock $1.75 off).
GTITAN likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EP
Didnt someone say it starts 4/1?

Originally Posted by thehawk75

Flying AA 265 tomorrow (LAX->LIH). Currently in 15C (which I'm happy with as far as seats go), and doubt I'll get the upgrade to J, but wondering if it's worth while to keep watching the site for an MCE seat to open up and try to catch it?

To be succinct, I would only be doing this for the complimentary booze, no other reason -- I am going on vacation after all (and already plan to be having Mai Tai's at the beach that evening).

If the 'free booze' isn't even rolled out yet, I'll just stay where I am, and perhaps purchase a couple of whatever IPA's they're offering on that flight (at least I've got the Aviator card to knock $1.75 off).
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by econometrics
Noticed the "Reserved for MCE" stickers in the bins. And, the fam and I boarded close to last and - viola - there was still space for us. Maybe people are obeying the rules?

Other than that, no new benefits offered.
Most of them probably didn't read AA's statement that FAs are NOT going to enforced the reserved space part of this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by thehawk75

Why would you not want a free MCE seat on such a long flight? Unless it was a middle?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.