Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
On short flights (LGA-CLT, for example), all you get in FC is a snack basket and drinks so I don't see the point in using certificates to go FC now.
And often the choices in that snack basket are worse than just getting something for free off the menu in MCE.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Ive been on some Delta flights where C+ actually gets better service than FC....drinks are served before FC many times.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by joetro
Are exit row seats main cabin extra?

Originally Posted by Antarius
yes.
No, not always. LUS A321 10DEF and 23DEF are no longer MCE but are still exit rows and even though 10F and 23F have virtually unlimited legroom. (I protest I have to declare I am "willing and able" yet do not get my MCE benefits :P )

I am in 10F now on a LUS A321 and when drinks came by I asked the FA if he considered my seat MCE (with my legs all stretched out). He looked up, and instead of looking at the row label (which confirms it is not), opened the bin and looked for the bin label (which shows MCE for Row 9 really) and said "yup". So I ordered my free drink I even got a double off the bat. I suggest making a pitch for the benefits even if you are in that seat as I think most FAs do not realize it was demoted.
zpaul likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by dmodemd
He looked up, and instead of looking at the row label (which confirms it is not), opened the bin and looked for the bin label (which shows MCE for Row 9 really) and said "yup". So I ordered my free drink I even got a double off the bat. I suggest making a pitch for the benefits even if you are in that seat as I think most FAs do not realize it was demoted.
Haha this is great, I will have to remember this next time I do a last minute booking and end up in this seat, luckily always get a true MCE seat. It seems silly that the seat, which is similar to the actual exit row seats with ample legroom, is treated as just a preferred seat.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As an AAdvantage gold, I selected a MCE seat at check-in (exit row) for a 2+ hour flight. I don't see anything on my boarding pass that says MCE. It's an RJ. Will I actually get free booze? If the f/a balks, is there anything I can point to that "proves" I'm in MCE and that I'm entitled to free alcohol? I'm expecting the regional partner carriers to not be very knowledgeable about the program.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
I flew this week on a tiny ERJ145 and there was an MCE sticker on the bin by the exit row seats which were the only MCE on the flight. I didn't ask for alcohol though as it was the last leg of my trip.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
As an AAdvantage gold, I selected a MCE seat at check-in (exit row) for a 2+ hour flight. I don't see anything on my boarding pass that says MCE.
There wouldn't be. MCE is not a separate booking class, so the only time it would indicated on a boarding pass is if it's the reason for you getting a lower boarding group number. But as an AA Gold, you get an even lower boarding group number, and so there's no indication of MCE on the boarding pass for an AA elite.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Met an AA challenge for Platinum status earlier this summer and have since flown approximately 10 segments in MCE. Flew ORD-MIA Thursday and was pleasantly surprised to find that the FAs actually knew that I was in MCE and that liquor was included. In every other instance I was either asked to pay or the FA quietly murmured "It's on me."

I usually fly DL and have never once encountered this issue in Comfort Plus--liquor served without question and refills available in the galley even if there's only one drink service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.