Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Question re: booking tickets before Gold status clears

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

I came within 190 EQM in 2017 of gold. Was offered the buy-in for $695 and just waited. Was offered it again for $395 and did it yesterday. It has not yet shown up in my account, so it still shows no status.

Here's my 2 questions: I am looking at booking BOS-MIA-BOS in 1st for mid-Feb. (1) is there any downside to booking it before Gold clears and/or upside to waiting until Gold clears, and (2) is there any discount or price advantage to booking this ticket after Gold has cleared?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
No to both. Once it clears it should automatically update in your booking.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
There is no downside to booking now. However it has been reported by many in this forum (including myself, although it was a few years ago) that your new status may not update automatically, in which case a simple call to reservations is required to refresh your booking and apply your new status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.