missed connection and advice?

Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
missed connection and advice?

I had been fairly lucky as exec plat member who didnt really have delay and miss connected.

my flight is scheduled for an 1 hour delay and i have 30 minutes for custom immigration, and security for my mia clt which is the last flight of the day.

i have scheduled to do things in the morning tomorrow and will go to nyc tomorrow afternoon.

any advice?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Can you get an earlier flight?
Otherwise, depending on the cause of delay, AA should pay for your stay.Some details would help.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kb9522
Can you get an earlier flight?
Otherwise, depending on the cause of delay, AA should pay for your stay.Some details would help.
no earlier flight. cur mia
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold; AA Plat.
Try to get on an earlier flight, you have the status to get that to work. If that's not an option, I would see what happens and if you can somehow make it (less delay, no lines at security - who knows?). If that does not look good (e.g. more delay than expected), directly call AA Exec desk on arrival and have them restore your flight schedule for tomorrow (both CLT and MIA have multiple options). Next, work with them for a stay, it may be that they have to pay for it - but you can even do that afterwards. Does this help?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbd456
..My flight is scheduled for an 1 hour delay and I have 30 minutes for custom immigration, and security for my MIA CLT which is the last flight of the day.
Is CUR-MIA-CLT booked on 1 ticket?
USA passport?
Checked luggage or only carry on?

If there are no later or earlier flights not much you can do.
Good luck !
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewUSflyer
Try to get on an earlier flight, you have the status to get that to work. If that's not an option, I would see what happens and if you can somehow make it (less delay, no lines at security - who knows?). If that does not look good (e.g. more delay than expected), directly call AA Exec desk on arrival and have them restore your flight schedule for tomorrow (both CLT and MIA have multiple options). Next, work with them for a stay, it may be that they have to pay for it - but you can even do that afterwards. Does this help?
yes. i wasnt sure if i should be booking my misconnection now as i was given the email to do it online but i have 30 minutes to do all these, and i dont want my schedule booking to be cancelled now. i guess i will have to work with aa when i arrive miami if i actually miss my flight and see what is offerred.

my bigger quesion is that
since my fare is cur nyc, and my 13 hours clt could be seen as a layover, so if they rebook me on morning mia clt, they can claim they owe me nothing.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Is CUR-MIA-CLY booked on 1 ticket?
USA passport?
Checked luggage or only carry on?

If there are no later or earlier flights not much you can do.
Good luck !
cur mia clt lga in one ticket,

schedule to arrive clt at 11:5pm and leaving clt at 1300 tomorrow.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold; AA Plat.
Originally Posted by pbd456
yes. i wasnt sure if i should be booking my misconnection now as i was given the email to do it online but i have 30 minutes to do all these, and i dont want my schedule booking to be cancelled now. i guess i will have to work with aa when i arrive miami if i actually miss my flight and see what is offerred.

my bigger quesion is that
since my fare is cur nyc, and my 13 hours clt could be seen as a layover, so if they rebook me on morning mia clt, they can claim they owe me nothing.
In my experience you have a higher probability to get a hotel stay if the flight is int'l. And, depending who you get on the phone they may indeed make it a layover - I guess you find out when calling whether someone is providing you the right options quite quick. Then, I would take an airport hotel (use credit-card to limit your exposure, etc.) and claim it with the airline (given delay is mechanical) - you probably need that to go to work (anyway).
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

thanks you
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

mis connected. was rerouted from MIA CLT (13 hr) LGA
to MIA (20 hrs) LGA directly in Y.
hotel and meal vouchers were given,
i went to AA flagship lounge and amex lounge for food and massage.

AA offered 10k miles as compensation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.