FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Well, that’s a new one: Scheduled FAs Leave JFK to Hotel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1888038-well-s-new-one-scheduled-fas-leave-jfk-hotel.html)

GadgetFreak Jan 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Well, that’s a new one: Scheduled FAs Leave JFK to Hotel

Just when I thought I’ve heard it all after about 3 million BIS Miles. Our incoming flight at JFK is delayed a bit. Okay, no big deal. Then the FAs incoming flight is delayed aa little but it’s on the ground a few gates away. But time goes by and no FAs. Then they tell us the FAs were confused and left for their hotel. So then we wait more. The flight is JFK-SAN so this isn’t a little mistake. They finally get there and we end up leaving almost 3 hours late. Aren’t there computers or something telling them what their next flight is?

skylady Jan 12, 2018 8:34 pm

It's up to the scheduling department to notify crews of a change.

JDiver Jan 12, 2018 8:38 pm

4. Thread Titles (link to this Rule)

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.

/Moderator

Fraser Jan 12, 2018 9:13 pm

Just landed in PHX from JFK. We stole your crew! They were supposed to fly JFK-SAN but got switched over last minute!

GadgetFreak Jan 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser (Post 29286564)
Just landed in PHX from JFK. We stole your crew! They were supposed to fly JFK-SAN but got switched over last minute!

Ah, ha. They apparently did that after the other crew had left. They put FAs on so we could board but said they might switch them again but the pilot took off before they could switch. It’s not like they don’t have advance notice ;)

GadgetFreak Jan 13, 2018 1:37 am

And we landed in PHX too. And I went from paid first to coach on my flight from PHX to SAN tomorrow. I’m pretty jazzed on AA right now.

rjw242 Jan 13, 2018 8:14 am

Had an odd experience this morning at DCA - my flight was delayed due to a missing crew member, GAs kept saying "they're on the way," then finally "she's left the hotel, will be here in half an hour." Pax around me were grumbling about how she probably overslept, deserved to be fired, etc, but I overheard the crew talking about it being some sort of central scheduling/communication snafu. If so, I felt kind of bad that the GAs implicitly put the blame on the FA.

In any case, maybe there are more widespread scheduling glitches.

GadgetFreak Jan 13, 2018 8:19 am

So I’m on my flight from PHX to SAN. Went from 5B to 16A. Lovin’ it.

Dr. HFH Jan 13, 2018 9:01 am

GadgetFreak, I would be looking for compensation from Fraser if I were you.

GadgetFreak Jan 13, 2018 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 29287895)
GadgetFreak, I would be looking for compensation from Fraser if I were you.

Great suggestion! ;)