Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2018

Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
2018 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2018

Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:12 am

As 24 and 25 on July 18 2018

Any idea what is causing such a long delays?

Seems pretty long .
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by desi
Any idea what is causing such a long delays?

Seems pretty long .
Do you mean AA 24/25? PHL-GLA/GLA-PHL?

If so, I know there was bad weather affecting flights in PHL yesterday. Possible weather delay with crew timeout, but somebody else would have to confirm.

Last edited by wrp96; Jul 18, 2018 at 12:17 pm
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:36 pm

Yes, looking for reasons for long delays. Other flights to Philly from UK are not affected
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: UAL Mileage Plus; Marriott Platinum
Flight: 2715 From: ORD To: LAX Delayed 2 hours and 10 minutes on 7/10/2018 Weather perfect in both cities; absolutely no explanation given for delay.

This may be the wrong thread, and I apologize if it is, but we were scheduled to on this as a connecting flight from LAX to SYD. When we found out it was going to be over 2 hours late, it nullified any chance to make the connecting flight to SYD (layover was 2 hours and 5 minutes). Yes, American offered no help at all; just sent a worthless text telling us the flight was late.

Won't bore you with the rest of the miserable story, but if AA has delayed a flight for no good reason, shouldn't they be reaching out to us to help us make that connecting flight?
Thank you (and, again, apologies if wrong thread)

Profpuff
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by profpuff
Flight: 2715 From: ORD To: LAX Delayed 2 hours and 10 minutes on 7/10/2018 Weather perfect in both cities; absolutely no explanation given for delay.

This may be the wrong thread, and I apologize if it is, but we were scheduled to on this as a connecting flight from LAX to SYD. When we found out it was going to be over 2 hours late, it nullified any chance to make the connecting flight to SYD (layover was 2 hours and 5 minutes). Yes, American offered no help at all; just sent a worthless text telling us the flight was late.

Won't bore you with the rest of the miserable story, but if AA has delayed a flight for no good reason, shouldn't they be reaching out to us to help us make that connecting flight?
Thank you (and, again, apologies if wrong thread)

Profpuff
There probably was a significant reason. Airlines don’t delay just because they feel s bit lazy one day, as the knock-on effects are felt down the line. Given your initial delays were at ORD in summer, if guess ATC ground holds issued by the FAA.

Please refrain from cross-posting; your reference post is in the Compensation thread, so please keep it there.

Thank you, Moderator
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Can someone tell me why they canceled AA2339 (PHX-JFK) on July 15 and 17?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:35 pm
amm

AA501 LAX-LAS just cancelled due to mechanical issues. 2785 at 7pm will probably be full of rebooking.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by amm
AA501 LAX-LAS just cancelled due to mechanical issues. 2785 at 7pm will probably be full of rebooking.
I was booked First on AA501, received a cancellation text while sitting in the LAX Flagship Lounge, immediately went for help. Received competent attention, was rebooked on 2785 (downgraded to Y though as 1st full). Apparently got there in the nick of time before the flight was completely full. This was important as I'm connecting in LAS to BA 0274 to LHR and if I didn't make the 7pm flight I'd be cooked.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by catcher1
I was booked First on AA501, received a cancellation text while sitting in the LAX Flagship Lounge, immediately went for help. Received competent attention, was rebooked on 2785 (downgraded to Y though as 1st full). Apparently got there in the nick of time before the flight was completely full. This was important as I'm connecting in LAS to BA 0274 to LHR and if I didn't make the 7pm flight I'd be cooked.
Why would you be cooked, aren't there plenty of BA flights out of LAX to LHR?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:05 am

AA96 PHL-BUD returning to PHL due to A/C MAINTENANCE, due in after 2 AM. Flight had already been delayed 2 hours, taking off at 8:21 PM vs. scheduled 6:21 PM due to A/C MAINTENANCE. So far the follow-on flight 97 back to PHL from BUD shows an hour delay...
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by rove312
Any information on AA 718 PHL-FCO on June 29, which diverted to Gander? https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...230Z/KPHL/LIRF
Here's a posting from AV Herald:
Accident: American A333 near Gander on Jun 29th 2018, turbulence injures flight attendant
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:02 am

Common Carrier Certificate of Delay.

This is something all trip insurers seem to require and almost all airlines seem to provide routinely.
(in past even gate agents used to print that out)

There is even link on AA.com web page to request one.

What should be next step when you get radio silence (surprisingly) from customer realtaion (even after making a follow up request using Other as category)

Any phone number or email address?
(Not making any claim against AA for this particular flight. Insurer requires certificate from the carrier to approve claim and cut the reimbursement check - screenshot from flightaware was deemed not sufficient)
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm sure having a fun night. Booked on AA 1931 the 5:39 PM BWI-PHX flight. The inbound aircraft was delayed two hours due to maintenance in PHX. It left the gate then returned. They finally have found a new plane so the inbound is supposed to arrive at 10:15 for our new optimistic departure time of 10:20 PM. Ugh.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:08 pm
amm

AA 847 CLT-SFO delayed because they couldn’t arm one of the emergency doors (I believe). Mechanics came on and couldn’t fix either. Flight deck said they got us a new plane for us with a current projected departure time of 10pm (original was 826pm).
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Gold
Was supposed to fly AA 6895 YVR-SEA (then onward to ORD) on 9/28. After boarding and sitting on the plane a couple hours they deplaned us due to mechanical issue. Finally cancelled later in the afternoon. We rebooked onto AA 2213 YVR-ORD on 9/29. Mechanical issues again and announced cancelled around 6 PM (departure was to be 2:42).
Now rebooked on AA 2213 for 9/30---hopefully this one takes off.

AA6895 was Alaska Air codeshare. They gave us dinner and breakfast vouchers plus hotel. They also sent apology text before we left the airport along with $200 voucher for each of us.
AA on the other hand, no breakfast voucher even though our flight leaves at 2:42 PM. The rebooking also was not fully ticketed and we had to spend approx. 90 minutes on the phone getting it sorted out. They make everything so hard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.