Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
2018 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
AA 136 cancelled due to MX Jan 6, 2018 - waited from 4pm to 9:30pm - decision made public at 9:30pm.

We were rebooked to the next day AA 108 - had to drag 250lbs of bags out and re-check them in the next day. AA put us into FFI El Segundo and that hotel treated all the distressed pax as second class citizen - waited over an hour for a shuttle. We got $31 meal voucher per person for the 24h delay which is not enough (unless you want to fill yourself up with dunkin donuts) - fortunately we had lounge access.

To make things worse: our bags didn't make it home and it took 6 days to get them back. AA rebooked us on lower booking class so we got less Avios than we supposed to.

Tried AA 2 times from LAX back to Europe and both times there were issues - AA gives us 5x $300 Transportation voucher but we are too freaked out to use AA again (especially when our OWS status runs out next month).
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: All the programs!
AA60

Anyone else on today's (1/22) AA60 NRT-DFW?
6:15pm early departure turned into a aircraft swap then rolling delays waiting for de-icing and runways to open. Now about 3+ hours later. Limited info so not sure what else.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Lots of fun at HND tonight, AA26 cancelled due to crew timeout after sitting around waiting for the weather to clear and re-doing the deicing. Swissport ground staff had no clue about what was going on with getting everybody on the next flight and were handing out cards for the re-booking center who then promptly got almost done putting me on tomorrow's flight and then disconnecting. Of course with the delay in getting the gate and baggage moving just missed the last trains into town.

Also the app kept giving new departure times every 10 minutes about 5 times after the flight cancelled.
Just when I thought AA was getting a clue, things take a dump. Hopefully they'll get things here sorted out better soon.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:38 pm

AA153 Delayed out of ORD

Would anyone know why AA153 was delayed almost 4 hours today? Thanks,
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:28 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zznoname
Would anyone know why AA153 was delayed almost 4 hours today? Thanks,
Reason listed as aircraft maintenance.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
AA127 DFW-PVG already delayed tomorrow (to merge)

flight aware already shows a considerable delay for tomorrow’s flight. Any idea why?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:45 am

Best guess without looking is the incoming is delayed, thus pushing back the DFW departure.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:49 am

Flightaware shows the aircraft is already at DFW, and shows an on-time takeoff but delayed landing. AA.com still showing on time.

Maybe just a glitch?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dave_261
Flightaware shows the aircraft is already at DFW, and shows an on-time takeoff but delayed landing. AA.com still showing on time.

Maybe just a glitch?
The inbound is from Orlando? AA flies a 788 on that route?

It's just odd to see them call it late already.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enviroian
The inbound is from Orlando? AA flies a 788 on that route?

It's just odd to see them call it late already.
No. The flight number probably is a through flight MCO-DFW-PVG by numer, but the aircraft is not the same.

AA has several like this. Same flight number, different metal. Most likely a 737 on MCO-DFW
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oddly today’s 127 is a 789 not 8.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
When I looked at flightaware, it shows an on-time departure for tomorrow. It shows a delayed landing, but there is also a strange flight path to avoid flying over North Korea. I'm sure they'll smooth that out to the east or west, and hopefully the landing will be closer to schedule. Unless they expect very strong headwinds, which may require a more northerly route.

I've found these sites to be a bit sketchy in the day or so before a flight. Are you connecting before DFW or after PVG that you are concerned with making connections?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
Are you connecting before DFW or after PVG that you are concerned with making connections?
No, no connections on either end. I just found it odd to get a delay notice a day out. I've never seen that before on Flight Aware.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
I'd take anything Flightaware says currently with a large grain of salt. Unless AA posts the delay, I wouldn't consider it delayed (unless it's clear an inbound is late or something like that).
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
I'd take anything Flightaware says currently with a large grain of salt. Unless AA posts the delay, I wouldn't consider it delayed (unless it's clear an inbound is late or something like that).
what about using the 789 vs the normally scheduled 788? Sounds like a re-seating nightmare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.