Wiki Posts
Search

AA Executive Platinum Check-In @ LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wetrat0
It seems fairly deliberate to me. At my mid-sized outstation they lately staff the priority lane with one agent no matter how many people are in line. It's at the point where if there's anyone in line it's usually faster to check in on the kiosk and then wait in the bag drop line (which moves quickly because they have 5-6 agents working). It's pretty clear they really want you to use the kiosk.

I don't mind the kiosks terribly, I just wish there was a way to skip the game of 20 questions (do you have a lap child? are you checking sports equipment? are you a member of the military? would you like to buy extra miles?). It would be great to have something similar to the GE kiosk where there's a button you can press that says "No to all". It takes me 2-3 minutes to get through all those, I can only imagine how long it takes someone who isn't familiar with the process.
Agreed.. a slightly more streamlined kiosk experience would be nice. What I also don't get is why they are so damn slow - i mean, this isn't massive computations.. why does it take 1+ second between each prompt response and the page reloading?

to me, I use the agents because I want the boarding pass on cardstock. 800+ collected BPs later, no reason to stop now.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I really don't understand this at all. Everything we hear is that AA wants us to buy premium cabin tickets and has oriented their whole FF program to rewarding those who purchase and fly in first or biz but then they turn around and make the whole check-in experience decidedly un-premium. Why would I spend my money on premium tickets at an airline that won't give me premium service at check-in?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:46 am

If my flight departs from T5, can I still use the Flagship check in at T4?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Blackbird_hkg
If my flight departs from T5, can I still use the Flagship check in at T4?
Yes.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
For a modest tip, a skycap will check your bags, and you can check in on line on domestic itineraries. That's why I didn't notice this change in my home airport.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
For a modest tip, a skycap will check your bags, and you can check in on line on domestic itineraries. That's why I didn't notice this change in my home airport.
Totally agree. Turns out Skycap and a $10 tip is the new EXP check in for me. Forget the understaffed and often long Priority lines inside. Personally I think they messed up with this change for EXPs.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hmm, for a single bag, I do $3-$5 and they are quite happy to see me coming.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Lowly Ruby here. Hope I didn’t offend you.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
San Diego:

Two check-in queues:

1. ExPlat; Plat Pro; Plat; Gold; oneworld Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, First, Business, and AA credit card holders.
2. Everyone else.

Who in the world is everyone else? Seems like just about everyone is "Premium" in that algorithm to me.

When everyone is Premium, no one is.

I suspect we can attribute this nonsense to Kirby. He did the same stupid thing at UA. I now see that UA has a separate 1K queue at SFO again.

We have to fly how much and spend how much to make ExecPlat and this is how we are treated? I wonder if AA knows or cares how much of my travel, almost all of which is international to Asia, is on other oneworld carriers these days? I doubt it. I didn't use to avoid AA. It is a result of their own conduct.

AA seems reliant on hub-locked passengers and corporate contracts. Those of us who have choices, I suspect, don't usually choose AA. I certainly don't.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
San Diego:

Two check-in queues:

1. ExPlat; Plat Pro; Plat; Gold; oneworld Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, First, Business, and AA credit card holders.
2. Everyone else.

Who in the world is everyone else? Seems like just about everyone is "Premium" in that algorithm to me.

When everyone is Premium, no one is.

I suspect we can attribute this nonsense to Kirby. He did the same stupid thing at UA. I now see that UA has a separate 1K queue at SFO again.

We have to fly how much and spend how much to make ExecPlat and this is how we are treated? I wonder if AA knows or cares how much of my travel, almost all of which is international to Asia, is on other oneworld carriers these days? I doubt it. I didn't use to avoid AA. It is a result of their own conduct.

AA seems reliant on hub-locked passengers and corporate contracts. Those of us who have choices, I suspect, don't usually choose AA. I certainly don't.
To further expand on SAN: Everyone else is sent to the kiosks. If you haven't tried the kiosk they won't help. I always bypass the kiosks and go the the Premium line which has at maximum 1 other person in line and 2-3 AA people behind the desk typing away on their computers. The first question they always ask is "are you flying first class?" They never ask about elite status. If I'm checking in at the counter it's because I couldn't check in on my phone, so I need their help yet they always act like I'm bothering them. [/rant]

At least Marc is still in the lounge and he's awesome.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
To further expand on SAN: Everyone else is sent to the kiosks. If you haven't tried the kiosk they won't help. I always bypass the kiosks and go the the Premium line which has at maximum 1 other person in line and 2-3 AA people behind the desk typing away on their computers. The first question they always ask is "are you flying first class?" They never ask about elite status. If I'm checking in at the counter it's because I couldn't check in on my phone, so I need their help yet they always act like I'm bothering them. [/rant]

At least Marc is still in the lounge and he's awesome.
Except for the morning there was a queue of ~20 at the "Premium" desk, which I have experienced several times.

I more often use the kiosks because it is faster than waiting for the premium desk.

At MIA, I had to wait almost an hour in the premium line (there are two of them, but they were equally long and the agent at the entrance told everyone to pick whichever one they wanted).

AA couldn't care less.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Why I find myself hellbent on not checking a bag... it's like a death sentence.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Why I find myself hellbent on not checking a bag... it's like a death sentence.
Great if you can do it, but my trips tend to be 10-15 days long and carry-on just won't cut it. Will for trips under a week, but not for my normal longer trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.