Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

QR / Qatar Airways: Earn & Redeem AA Miles, Award [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR / Qatar Airways: Earn & Redeem AA Miles, Award [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by bhomburg
Yeah, it's the same low earning in discount Y as with MH. I'll resort to buying their I fares: from here to HKT for 1500 Euros? For that kind of money I'll sit in Y everywhere else.

Same here ---- this is a BS alliance....
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
24 minutes to go. Am waiting to see what EQM earning is like and what the requirements of the DRDM offer are before booking LHR-DOH-DXB and back.
This has been published for ove r a month and it SUCKS!

https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...ines/qatar.jsp
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by nswamy
This has been published for over a month and it SUCKS!
Newly released within the last two hours, I believe. See Microwave's post here for background. Feel a bit silly for waiting -- will stick with BA to DXB.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Those AAdvantage members who aren't too happy about the earning on QR should have a look at how QF has thumbed its nose at its frequent flyers.

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/.../qatar-airways

The most you'll ever earn is 100% of miles flown and that's for flying in First! In Economy, the most you'll earn is 25% and that's only in select buckets. Very, very disappointing.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT; SPG PLT
Originally Posted by danger
Those AAdvantage members who aren't too happy about the earning on QR should have a look at how QF has thumbed its nose at its frequent flyers.

The most you'll ever earn is 100% of miles flown and that's for flying in First! In Economy, the most you'll earn is 25% and that's only in select buckets. Very, very disappointing.
Wow, 75% for J is absurd. How much of that is influenced on their tie-up with EK being inconvenient for the alliance and vice-versa?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by andreirublev
Wow, 75% for J is absurd. How much of that is influenced on their tie-up with EK being inconvenient for the alliance and vice-versa?
Probably quite a bit. But that in itself is a problem. Qantas's priority should be oneworld, not EK. When MH joined QF announced poor points earning on select routes operated by MH - ironically, those routes MH operates that EK also operates. But it seems with QR they've gone with a blanket abysmal earning.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by danger

That is just terrible.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
If I read the fine print it seems that ONLY AA code shares count towards AAdvantage elite qualifications. If that's the case then what code shares are valid?

This is pretty lame if the case. Basically neutered their newest member right off the bat.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by joebeenyc
If I read the fine print it seems that ONLY AA code shares count towards AAdvantage elite qualifications. If that's the case then what code shares are valid?

This is pretty lame if the case. Basically neutered their newest member right off the bat.
You read it wrong. AA codeshares earn at AA rates.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by skunker
You read it wrong. AA codeshares earn at AA rates.
WHEW! Thank goodness for my ignorance!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by joebeenyc

The fine print doesn't mean ONLY AA codeshares count for status. Earlier on the page is stated:
The fine print you mentioned is
Note - Travel ticketed as an American Airlines marketed flight (booked as an AA codeshare flight number) and operated by Qatar Airways will earn AAdvantage base miles and elite qualifying miles, points and segments according to the AA mileage accrual chart.
and that's the normal situation - earning is based on the marketing carrier, not the operating carrier
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:34 am

Absolutely unbelievable! My flights with Qatar were confirmed when I last checked it 5 hours before departure. When I went to check in they told me they could not check me in on the Qatar flights because they do not see them saying I should fly my first segment and then go to the transit desk. I checked my flights online to see that my Qatar segments were deleted. I rushed to call AA to get it fixed and they were not sure why Qatar had cancelled them. Thankfully AA got the ticket fixed but instead of being in the lounge I was stuck on the phone at the check in counter. Just unbelievable. Had I not check online I could have been stuck at my first segment. I will be flying into Doha in first class and I hope they have someone I can seriously complain to. I lost all my seat/special meal requests almost got my self into a massive headache.

They can't repeat #*&% like this again.

There was another passenger a few pages ago who had his flights cancelled but his wasn't done just before check in.

Last edited by Shimon; Oct 31, 2013 at 4:10 am
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:50 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by pandaperth
The fine print doesn't mean ONLY AA codeshares count for status. Earlier on the page is stated:
[URL pointing to qatar earning page on AA.com]
The fine print you mentioned is and that's the normal situation - earning is based on the marketing carrier, not the operating carrier
The quoted URL and text is missing when I pull up the page in FireFox and Internet Explorer simply doesn't like the page.

In any case all the references I have seen, have no reference to the EQP earning. Anyone have a URL (that works)

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
…all the references I have seen, have no reference to the EQP earning.
From the posts above:

Originally Posted by ExpatExp

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by Shimon
Absolutely unbelievable! My flights with Qatar were confirmed when I last checked it 5 hours before departure. When I went to check in they told me they could not check me in on the Qatar flights because they do not see them saying I should fly my first segment and then go to the transit desk. I checked my flights online to see that my Qatar segments were deleted. I rushed to call AA to get it fixed and they were not sure why Qatar had cancelled them. Thankfully AA got the ticket fixed but instead of being in the lounge I was stuck on the phone at the check in counter. Just unbelievable. Had I not check online I could have been stuck at my first segment. I will be flying into Doha in first class and I hope they have someone I can seriously complain to. I lost all my seat/special meal requests almost got my self into a massive headache.

They can't repeat #*&% like this again.

There was another passenger a few pages ago who had his flights cancelled but his wasn't done just before check in.
This is very much in line with my QR experience. They cancel flights, remove seat assignments and bump people out of C into Y (although the latest did not happened to me directly - yet - )
When I had flight cancellations on paid C ticket QR did not even bothered to inform me, and would I've not checked it myself online I would have found at check-in only.
QR also refused to interline me to another carrier after their flight cancellation and I even had to fight in order to get a different flight on QR - they originally wanted to make me fly 2 days later and make me overnight in DOH. Agents are not empowered to do anything and need to ask DOH for even slightest changes.

Onboard it is also quite sad - C seats are angle-flat, ranging from almost OK on 777 to terrible on anything else. F did not tried yet, trough have booking in December.

Food is mediocre, champagne is good. Service is by very young crews having fun and joking with passengers - no class service here. Transit in DOH bad, since you need to get a bus to and from Premium terminal. Usually you will sit in the bus for ages with the engine running and the doors open, enjoying the toxic fumes produced by your bus and others around. Once at the plane you will have to climb the stairs to a 777 with your hand luggage. Very 5*

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.