Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Old LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. T-4 Flagship Lounge master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Old LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. T-4 Flagship Lounge master thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by bamboosensation
I dont' know what changed, but recently when leaving from JFK to LAX on upgraded ticket from coach to Biz, the AC keep saying, oh you can go to the FL, which is great. I looked up the rules tho and I'm not sure why I suddenly can. Happened 3 times. I hope that's the case for the new FL at LAX too
From AA.com:
Flagship Lounge - Access

Qualifying First and Business class

Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline.*
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
does anybody know if theres any opening udated time on the lounge. Surely it cant be closed at T4 for 2 months or so like now. T5 lounge I went to for the 1st time a couple of weeks back - I really did not care for it and really missed the old flagship.

Aplogies if posted elsewhere.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I'm actually pretty sure this date was reported in this thread or elsewhere (apologies to whomever might have posted it if so,) but, latest target date for T4 lounges reopening is November 17th.
darn! My flight is on Nov 16! Oh well, I suppose I’ll have to make do with the QF First and OW J lounges with the KE Lounge as a backup via PP...

First World problems...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
darn! My flight is on Nov 16! Oh well, I suppose I’ll have to make do with the QF First and OW J lounges with the KE Lounge as a backup via PP...

First World problems...
Hope they keep to the schedule for your trip! It would be pretty cool to be there the first day or so when it opens.

I fly a couple of weeks or after you , but having waited so long for this place to open, I am not expecting it to be finished.

But if it does actually open Nov 16, it'll be a nice surprise! The Qantas lounge was indeed a nice addition for use since the connector opened up. But I really like the new Flagship at JFK, so fingers crossed for Nov 16.

EDIT - ooops, just realized I misread and you will be a day early... That's a right pain.

Oh well, Qantas it is for you on the outbound.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Oct 21, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
T5 lounge I went to for the 1st time a couple of weeks back - I really did not care for it
That has to be the understatement of the week. I got to visit last night for the first time and that T5 lounge has all the charm, as well as much of the decor, of a fast food outlet. Did I misunderstand? I truly hope is not the model for future lounges?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by bernardd
That has to be the understatement of the week. I got to visit last night for the first time and that T5 lounge has all the charm, as well as much of the decor, of a fast food outlet. Did I misunderstand? I truly hope is not the model for future lounges?
Slightly....

I was being nice to the t5 lounge at LAX. Its awful really, but hey I love airports etc so Im a bit reserved sometimes saying anything airline related is awful.

I think the confusion I may have created, is that I also referred to JFK remodeled flagship, which is great at t8 at JFK.

I believe the LAX new flagship (and all the new flagships) will be the same same design as JFK.

I cant comment on the admirals club bit of the remodel tho. But if the flagship is anything to go by at JFK, Im sure the Admirals Club will also be great at t4 LAX.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So no flagship lounge for F or Emerald oneworld pax at the moment? Might as well stay at the QF lounge before my LAX-SYD AA flight, but was hoping to grab a few bottles of water before takeoff (QF doesn't offer any).
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So no flagship lounge for F or Emerald oneworld pax at the moment? Might as well stay at the QF lounge before my LAX-SYD AA flight, but was hoping to grab a few bottles of water before takeoff (QF doesn't offer any).
You can go to T4 and visit the temporary service center. Lots of options there for packaged snacks and bottles.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:45 pm

Is there any update on reopening? I think I saw something about mid-November...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:23 am

LAX FL to open December

Heard that LAX T4 AC will open next week with FL opening mid to late December.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
has there been any reports of the new flagship lounge at LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.