Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:05 am

I just called the AUS call center and they were able to see the availability, but not book it. The NZ number is not working for me. Any tips?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by naiel
I just called the AUS call center and they were able to see the availability, but not book it. The NZ number is not working for me. Any tips?
that doesn't make sense. the issue has always been that they can't even see the availability. But i havent heard of an issue where they can see the availability and not book it. maybe see if they can place it on hold? what are they telling you is the issue?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by omaralt
that doesn't make sense. the issue has always been that they can't even see the availability. But i havent heard of an issue where they can see the availability and not book it. maybe see if they can place it on hold? what are they telling you is the issue?
Yes, that's why I was confused. When the agent tried to put it on hold, she encountered a system error. She talked to a supervisor and they said there have been system issues with booking the awards. I'm going to try back in a couple hours.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by naiel
Yes, that's why I was confused. When the agent tried to put it on hold, she encountered a system error. She talked to a supervisor and they said there have been system issues with booking the awards. I'm going to try back in a couple hours.
ya definitely try again. I ran into this once and the agent had no idea why. Turned out I wasn't meeting the MCT in PHL so the computer wouldn't book it. So double check all the connection times to make sure they're valid
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by omaralt
ya definitely try again. I ran into this once and the agent had no idea why. Turned out I wasn't meeting the MCT in PHL so the computer wouldn't book it. So double check all the connection times to make sure they're valid
You were right -- a second agent was able to process multiple Etihad reservations for me successfully.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
I know about the one way issues from the US but do open jaws work?

For example -

Outbound - AUH - SFO
Return - JFK - AUH

I'll call and find out once my days are final and will post an update as well.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by JamilD
Just booked MEL-AUH-LHR with both legs on the A380, my first Etihad F redemption AU$90 in additional fees
How many miles were you charged for this?
Did it qualify for the 115,000 South Pacific - Europe award or did you have to pay 162,500 because of 3rd region transit? (South Pacific - Middle East 100,000 + Middle East - Europe 62,500)
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by weltic
How many miles were you charged for this?
Did it qualify for the 115,000 South Pacific - Europe award or did you have to pay 162,500 because of 3rd region transit? (South Pacific - Middle East 100,000 + Middle East - Europe 62,500)
Hopefully there was no confusion on this issue-- that is to say, hopefully, the poster was clear and/or informed of the number of awards.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:39 am

Multiple legs in different class

Im looking at booking hyd-auh-dfw in business but only see economy availability for hyd-auh. With AA allow me to book economy for first leg and biz for second leg if I pay 70k miles?

Last edited by Stivelio; Apr 13, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by piyush
I know about the one way issues from the US but do open jaws work?

For example -

Outbound - AUH - SFO
Return - JFK - AUH

I'll call and find out once my days are final and will post an update as well.
Just wanted to report back that I was able to ticket the open jaw without any issues. AA Australia even waived the phone booking fee!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Im looking at booking hyd-auh-dfw in business but only see economy availability for hyd-auh. With AA allow me to book economy for first leg and biz for second leg if I pay 70k miles?
Yes. You should keep checking to see if business opens up. AA will move you up without any change fee if it does.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by piyush
Just wanted to report back that I was able to ticket the open jaw without any issues. AA Australia even waived the phone booking fee!
There is no reason for there to be issues; all AA awards are one-way awards. Both open-jaws and round trips consist of two one-way awards booked in one record.

I know there are posts that say it may be easier to book EY round trips than one ways. Those posts are wrong. Etihad.com lookups sometimes function differently for the two cases, but AA awards are all one-ways.

And AA Australia did not "waive the booking fee" for you. There is no AA booking fee for trips that cannot be booked online.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:35 am

I mentioned the open jaws in regards to reports of seeing better availability AUH - USA- AUH than just USA- AUH.

I was able to get the USA - AUH sector even though it did not come up on a one way search on Etihad.com. It was available when I did a round trip search AUH - USA - AUH.

I booked AUH - IAD and ORD - AUH. ORD - AUH on the dates I wanted was only showing available on Etihad if I searched AUH - ORD - AUH.

Are you saying that any flight showing availability on AUH - USA - AUH can be booked as a one way USA- AUH even though Etihad.com doesn't show it available?

From the wiki

"Note: You may see more availability if you search using itineraries that do not originate in the US. In other words, to see availability on a USA-XYZ segment, search for XYZ-USA-XYZ, whereas to see availability on an XYZ-USA segment, just search for XYZ-USA. 2016.10.13 Edit: This loophole appears to have been fixed based on recent data points. If you can't identify the actual routing you want on Etihad, AA Australia/NZ won't be able to see it."

In regards to the fee AA India wanted to charge it but the office was closed yesterday so I called AA Australia.

Got a superb agent who said he'd waive the fee. ^^ to the Fiji call center! Best experience I've had while booking an award ticket on the phone in a long time.

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
There is no reason for there to be issues; all AA awards are one-way awards. Both open-jaws and round trips consist of two one-way awards booked in one record.

I know there are posts that say it may be easier to book EY round trips than one ways. Those posts are wrong. Etihad.com lookups sometimes function differently for the two cases, but AA awards are all one-ways.

And AA Australia did not "waive the booking fee" for you. There is no AA booking fee for trips that cannot be booked online.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:36 am

Hello,

I'd like to book Residence from SYD to AUH. It will be 100k miles in AA? How to look for availability? Via Etihad website?

Can you recommend how to book it?

Best regards,

M.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ledakar
Hello,

I'd like to book Residence from SYD to AUH. It will be 100k miles in AA? How to look for availability? Via Etihad website?

Can you recommend how to book it?

Best regards,

M.
Wow, wouldn't that be nice...!

I assume you mean 1st Apartments. There's great info in the Wiki at the top of this page.

I would say, "don't be so lazy - why don't you read a little before posting" but that seems like it would be kind of harsh.

Anyway, check out the info that so many in this thread have contributed. You'll have all you need to get it done .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.