Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JBauer
Trying to figure this out as well.

If I fly:
LAX-AUH-MLE
That's one award

But if I fly:
LAX-AUH (and want to stay over more than 24 hours) -MLE

That's two awards?
Yes - no stopover is permitted on award travel
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Called today and agents at 877-690-0767 said they could not do DUB-PHL / PHL-LAS / LAS-LAX all on the same day for 30K points. This is a one way flight, with DUB as the origin and LAX as the destination. All segments show up on AA.com as saver economy "T" class when I search for DUB-LAX one way itinerary.

Etihad said direct flights only are allowed for AA partner redemptions.

This is not true and I should be right? Looks like I have to call back until I get transferred to Manchester?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by flymax77
Called today and agents at 877-690-0767 said they could not do DUB-PHL / PHL-LAS / LAS-LAX all on the same day for 30K points. This is a one way flight, with DUB as the origin and LAX as the destination. All segments show up on AA.com as saver economy "T" class when I search for DUB-LAX one way itinerary.

Etihad said direct flights only are allowed for AA partner redemptions.

This is not true and I should be right? Looks like I have to call back until I get transferred to Manchester?
This is a thread about booking AAdvantage award travel on EY flights (see thread title). It is not a thread about booking AA flights using EY awards. The Etihad Guest program has its own forum on FT.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
This is a thread about booking AAdvantage award travel on EY flights (see thread title). It is not a thread about booking AA flights using EY awards. The Etihad Guest program has its own forum on FT.
sorry i got confused again, thread title is tricky!
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:06 pm

Had same inability to change an existing reservation despite agent being able to see space for a new booking.

Booked on BOM-AUH-JFK, BOM-AUH in J, AUH-JFK in F. Agent can see F availability on BOM-AUH, but can't change my existing booking. Luckily only a 3 hr flight...guess I will get to try both products in one trip!
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
Had same inability to change an existing reservation despite agent being able to see space for a new booking.
Booked on BOM-AUH-JFK, BOM-AUH in J, AUH-JFK in F. Agent can see F availability on BOM-AUH, but can't change my existing booking. Luckily only a 3 hr flight...guess I will get to try both products in one trip!
HUCA and keep trying, periodically. Had the same "married segment" or "bad agent" problem for a while. I originally had to book AUH-DEL in 9W Business when 3 agents couldn't book EY First even though they all saw it on a point-to-point. Got a good agent this week that was able to make the change to EY First without a problem.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone found an agent that could work around this issue:

There are 2 seats in F available when the agent first searches which matches to the EY Guest site, but when the agent tries to change my booking from J>F 1 of the seats disappears.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:25 am

Have JFK-AUH-MLE in F. AUH-MLE in J (was an A321 I believe at booking). Plane swapped to an A333 and now shows 2 F seats. I tried both the USA and Australian number to do the change, both were unable to see the F seats. Any ideas? Ethiad.com definitely showing 2 guest first seats on that day.

update: Just got a voicemail and the friendly AA agent from the USA was able to find it and book me in it after I hung up. Excellent service from AA!

Last edited by alexj7; Aug 22, 2016 at 9:53 am
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
HUCA and keep trying, periodically. Had the same "married segment" or "bad agent" problem for a while. I originally had to book AUH-DEL in 9W Business when 3 agents couldn't book EY First even though they all saw it on a point-to-point. Got a good agent this week that was able to make the change to EY First without a problem.
Does that mean your first trip in the Apartments is now booked...???
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Holy Cow (literally!) - does this mean you are going back to India - how did you get MrsSFO to agree
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:43 pm

Any magic words, terminology? What did the agent actually have to do in order to work it out? Will keep on trying to call back every now and again and see if i get a good agent. But, any insight u can provide that i can relay/communicate to agent, would help.

I have been trying this for the past several months (the trip is in November 2016). But no success in upgrading AUH-BOM from Y to F (even thought EY shows 2 F available). They can see availability for making new reservation, but disappears as soon as trying to upgrade my currently issued itinerary.

Last edited by WrLdTrvLnIndian; Aug 22, 2016 at 2:54 pm
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
Any magic words, terminology? What did the agent actually have to do in order to work it out? Will keep on trying to call back every now and again and see if i get a good agent. But, any insight u can provide that i can relay/communicate to agent, would help.

I have been trying this for the past several months (the trip is in November 2016). But no success in upgrading AUH-BOM from Y to F (even thought EY shows 2 F available). They can see availability for making new reservation, but disappears as soon as trying to upgrade my currently issued itinerary.
Sounds like you've tried calling a few times already. I wonder if there is something specific about your case that is different. In my case, it seems they saw it at first as well, then it disappeared when trying to upgrade while I was on the phone, and then somehow the agent was still able to book it for me after a bit of hard work.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by alexj7
Sounds like you've tried calling a few times already. I wonder if there is something specific about your case that is different. In my case, it seems they saw it at first as well, then it disappeared when trying to upgrade while I was on the phone, and then somehow the agent was still able to book it for me after a bit of hard work.
was your trip < 4 weeks out?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
I had the same issue but it was resolved and confirmed in F from MLE-AUH this morning. The flight is not until December.

Previously there were 6 GF seats showing on Etihad Guest which AA could see for a new reservation but nothing for an existing reservation.

This then changed on Friday to 2 GF seats on Etihad Guest which AA could see for new reservations and existing reservations however 1 seat would vanish once they tried to make the change.

After a few HUCA I finally got a competent and friendly agent who sent a request to EY which was confirmed about 18 hours later.

Also as a data point my Chauffeur Service from LHR was unaffected. The EY agent could still see it as confirmed with the correct details when I called to select our new seats on the MLE-AUH flight.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
SFO777, Going back to BOM ? Princess too ? I look at you in awe

We missed each other in BOM last year. You can't get off this year that easily ! . Or I will have your visa canceled ......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.