Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I thought you were going beyond AUH to India. Were you able to get that segment also?
I am going to India, but needed to break my journey in the UAE to visit an aunt an Dubai for longer than the allowed 24 hour stopover. So had to begrudgingly use the 67.5K just for AUH, and then booking a separate flight to MAA. On the return, planning to book BOM-->LAX via AUH, all as one ticket. Unfortunate to see the trouble you are having to get them to see the AUH-CCU leg. They haven't open Jan 1 flights yet on EY, so am checking everyday. Hoping booking BOM-->AUH-->LAX won't be a similar issue. What about trying the AA call center in India? English is one of their national languages, so might be doable?

Did get my LAX-->AUH officially ticketed as of last night. ^

Originally Posted by tranceformer978
Curious why you had fib?
Was giving her my info and had to give a US cell, at which point she asked "But you are in Australia right?" It was a bit tough to understand each other and I panicked. Not my finest moment, but seemed easier than explaining to her that AA US can't see the awards and had a much longer hold time.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I had no difficulty booking USA to AUH in Dec 2016, using the methods described here. However, I wanted to continue to India (CCU) and I cannot find a way to book AUH-CCU.

EY shows availability on AUH-CCU every day in that date range. AA USA cannot see availability on any day. AA Australia cannot see availability on the day needed to connect from my transatlantic flight on hold, but it CAN see it on the previous day.

So after three days of calling Australia and not succeeding in booking the 2nd segment, I asked them to push the entire trip forward by a day, so I would leave the US a day earlier and use the available AUH-CCU flight. Well, that didn't work either, because she tried to do it and said no problem with the transatlantic flight, but "they won't give me the AUH-CCU flight." "You mean it's not actually available?" "No, it's available but they won't give it to me."

Fortunately she was able to give me my original transatlantic date back, but a total of over two cumulative hours of calling Australia and I still don't have a complete reservation. (Note again that EY shows abundant availability.)

Is there a third AA call center that would be able to book AUH-India?
So, I had a similar experience with my MLE-AUH-MEL ticket. I *think* what the agent did was string both segments together by actually holding the AUH-MEL segment and then adding the MLE-AUH segment to the held itinerary. She didn't fully explain it (and I didn't ask), but we had a bit of back and forth over getting this done and a lot of her (valiantly!) trying a few things to make it happen.

From your post it seems like the AUH-CCU segment is the troublesome one, so I would suggest asking if they can hold that segment, then add the US-AUH segment after they get the first to confirm.

Hope this helps...
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Kosha
What about trying the AA call center in India? English is one of their national languages, so might be doable?
There is no real call center in India, just the AA General Sales Agent in Delhi that answers the phone from 9 to 5 (half day Saturday, closed Sunday). I have not found them to be easy to reach, and when reached, they don't have the experience or training in AA issues that AA phone agents have.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Trying to book an Etihad itinerary for a couple of legs for an upcoming trip in July/August. I'm seeing availability for every single leg on the Etihad site through their guest business / guest first, but I'm calling in and the agent is seeing basically none of the availability on her end.

CDG-AUH-BOM on 7/28 - 7/29 in J or F, and GOI-BOM-AUH-LAX on 8/2 - 8/3 in J. Any tips on trying to be able to book this? Looks like Etihad's site is just showing some ghost availability or something, it's a bit confusing. Even when she looked up just the AUH-LAX leg that I see two J seats on the agent sees nothing.

Last time I booked LAX-AUH-MLE for August 2015 I had no issues and it was booked quickly so a bit concerned for this itinerary.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:41 pm

Does Etihad ever open up LAX to AUH in business? I found some AUH to LAX but never the other way around.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ethos99
Trying to book an Etihad itinerary for a couple of legs for an upcoming trip in July/August. I'm seeing availability for every single leg on the Etihad site through their guest business / guest first, but I'm calling in and the agent is seeing basically none of the availability on her end.

CDG-AUH-BOM on 7/28 - 7/29 in J or F, and GOI-BOM-AUH-LAX on 8/2 - 8/3 in J. Any tips on trying to be able to book this? Looks like Etihad's site is just showing some ghost availability or something, it's a bit confusing. Even when she looked up just the AUH-LAX leg that I see two J seats on the agent sees nothing.

Last time I booked LAX-AUH-MLE for August 2015 I had no issues and it was booked quickly so a bit concerned for this itinerary.
Have you tried phoning AA in Australia?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Yup looked like I posted before reading extensively through here - called AA Australia and got it all booked!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Does Etihad ever open up LAX to AUH in business? I found some AUH to LAX but never the other way around.
My wife and I flew that route in August 2015 so it seems that they do, but when we were building out the itinerary for this trip I couldn't find any availability on that route for the summer. Not sure if it's been snatched up or they're releasing very limited availability for it.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Yup looked like I posted before reading extensively through here - called AA Australia and got it all booked!
Noticed some of these tickets have taken multiple days to be issued? This only happening for these EY redemptions?

Booked a CDG-DOH F award and was ticketed within 2-3 hours. Meanwhile, been 24+ hours and no sign of the EY ticket.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:15 pm

My wife and I flew that route in August 2015 so it seems that they do, but when we were building out the itinerary for this trip I couldn't find any availability on that route for the summer. Not sure if it's been snatched up or they're releasing very limited availability for it.
Trying to find something around Christmas time as my wife and I will be celebrating our 10 years anniversary.
So far no luck...
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Trying to find something around Christmas time as my wife and I will be celebrating our 10 years anniversary.
So far no luck...
I believe Etihad only releases award spaces 330 days in advance, so you might have to check back in about a week or so for Xmas availability.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Noticed some of these tickets have taken multiple days to be issued? This only happening for these EY redemptions?

Booked a CDG-DOH F award and was ticketed within 2-3 hours. Meanwhile, been 24+ hours and no sign of the EY ticket.
Yeah I recall it taking a few days to ticket last time I booked an EY fare, so I guess you just have to hang tight for a couple days.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Yeah I recall it taking a few days to ticket last time I booked an EY fare, so I guess you just have to hang tight for a couple days.
I had an EY award ticket in hours earlier this week, but when I called to ticket one yesterday I was told it may take a few days - there is the biggest snow storm pretty much ever hitting the East coast right now.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:23 am

saw available on a few days via EY website, call AU, they still can't see the space.
is there normal these days?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:52 am

Looking at the end of the schedule, it seems that EY releases guestfirst award space (at least on the flights I'm looking at) 319 days out, as opposed to 331 days (when the AA booking window opens). Does anyone know if AA reps would be able to see any availability for the 12 days in-between? Or do I just have to wait until 319 days out? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.