Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:41 pm

saw seat available on EY, both US and Australia could not see it.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by MasterJ
saw seat available on EY, both US and Australia could not see it.
First Class? Was it available in the Guest First column? Is it still available?

Unrelated ... I don't make international calls very frequently, and the first time I called AA Australia to change my EY itinerary I forgot to start with the US exit code. Some guy answered and I knew instantly what I had done. I must have called Minneapolis, 612. I wonder how many times he's been called.

Last edited by UrbanDweller; Jan 14, 2016 at 9:40 pm
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by UrbanDweller
First Class? Was it available in the Guest First column? Is it still available?

Unrelated ... I don't make international calls very frequently, and the first time I called AA Australia to change my EY itinerary I forgot to start with the US exit code. Some guy answered and I knew instantly what I had done. I must have called Minneapolis, 612. I wonder how many times he's been called.
Yes, F and still available.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Currently have a EDI-AUH-BOM in J class for 30K miles. I may need to the change this to just EDI-AUH and change it after March 22nd. I presume changing it to just EDI-AUH will have a $150 fee and pay the new mileage rate? I am just looking for a way to change it to just EDI-AUH without paying more mileage and not paying the $150? A I guess the most drastic thing would be keep the routing and drop the last leg, want to try and avoid that though. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the input.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I have a similar question to ESFLYER95. I'm looking to book CNS - MEL - AUH but not sure whether I will need the CNS - MEL leg. I've read oblique references to being able to drop legs even though that changes my origin. Is this likely to be doable without having to redeposit and start again (and pay $150) and will the March changes have any effect on this?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Currently have a EDI-AUH-BOM in J class for 30K miles. I may need to the change this to just EDI-AUH and change it after March 22nd. I presume changing it to just EDI-AUH will have a $150 fee and pay the new mileage rate? I am just looking for a way to change it to just EDI-AUH without paying more mileage and not paying the $150? A I guess the most drastic thing would be keep the routing and drop the last leg, want to try and avoid that though. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the input.
Someone over the EY forum managed to no-show on the first leg and just rocked up to the airport for the following flight. He/she received a call from EY (after having checked in online for DOH-AUH but didn't board) and told them they will be taking the AUH-BKK flight. All of us who replied to the initial question (is this doable?) were proven wrong - but then we questioned if the return flight won't be cancelled or if the OP simply got lucky.

Your situation is different, you can just ask for bags to be short checked to to AUH and not take the subsequent flight. And even if you don't show up, your bags be offloaded in AUH so you'll be able to retrieve them (factor about 4-6 hours to be on the safe side). Of course no chauffeur drive in AUH can be booked but some reported they were able to request one on arrival.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
I have a similar question to ESFLYER95. I'm looking to book CNS - MEL - AUH but not sure whether I will need the CNS - MEL leg. I've read oblique references to being able to drop legs even though that changes my origin. Is this likely to be doable without having to redeposit and start again (and pay $150) and will the March changes have any effect on this?
QF may be able to fiddle with the CNS-MEL flight on the day of travel to show it as flown (might have to be done early in the day(, and from there proceed to the EY counter to check in for MEL-AUH.

I'm not suggesting this will work, just saying based on a combination of anecdotes QF staff at the airport can technically do this without affecting the subsequent flight booking, their willingness varies.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I realize you are new to this thread, but note that there is a wiki at the top of the page. Please read before posting.
i got the number made the call currently making the change, Agent wants to charge me $175 for two passengers to downgrade my ticket and redeposit the miles from first class to business class i hope its worth it going from a F on 77w to a J A380
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Someone over the EY forum managed to no-show on the first leg and just rocked up to the airport for the following flight. He/she received a call from EY (after having checked in online for DOH-AUH but didn't board) and told them they will be taking the AUH-BKK flight. All of us who replied to the initial question (is this doable?) were proven wrong - but then we questioned if the return flight won't be cancelled or if the OP simply got lucky.

Your situation is different, you can just ask for bags to be short checked to to AUH and not take the subsequent flight. And even if you don't show up, your bags be offloaded in AUH so you'll be able to retrieve them (factor about 4-6 hours to be on the safe side). Of course no chauffeur drive in AUH can be booked but some reported they were able to request one on arrival.
Thanks for the response. I will be HBO so that is no issue. Going to DXB so would quite like the routing to finish at AUH so I could get chauffeur. You don't think there is any way of doing this without extra miles/redeposit fee? I believe to get a free change you have to keep origin and destination the same which this would not be? Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
i got the number made the call currently making the change, Agent wants to charge me $175 for two passengers to downgrade my ticket and redeposit the miles from first class to business class i hope its worth it going from a F on 77w to a J A380
I'd stick to F. J is less private and more claustrophobic.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by edy4eva
I'd stick to F. J is less private and more claustrophobic.
The J on the 380 is a business studio. It's very, very nice.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:15 am

Nuts to me. Why not hold on to F? If A380 opens, you can change flights for free.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
The agent said I can change back to the F for free if it opens up and the night departure suits better for me with family to spend more time in the lounge and not have to rush out in the morning to catch the earlier flight . I'm happy with my decision just waiting for the F to open T-14 .

P.s not happy about paying the change fees I will be disputing that
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
The agent said I can change back to the F for free if it opens up and the night departure suits better for me with family to spend more time in the lounge and not have to rush out in the morning to catch the earlier flight . I'm happy with my decision just waiting for the F to open T-14 .

If you were moving from F to J, then the fee is correct. For AA, there is no fee to upgrade award tickets but a voluntary downgrade requires the redeposit/cancel fee.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:47 am
Suspended

On what grounds, pray tell?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.