Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Last night I changed my booking from MLE-DOH-DXB-LHR-ARN on QR, QF and BA in Business (regional First) to MLE-AUH-LHR-ARN on Etihad and BA, First Class. The agent approved the itinerary where I combined EY with the last BA segment to Stockholm in the same ticket.

Since she said that it was approved for ticketing, and the fact that I was quoted the correct tax amount, can I expect this booking to be ticketed as promised. Or will AA give me a hard time for mixing EY and BA in the same ticket?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:20 am

I used google hangouts to call Australia. Cost is $0.02 per minute. Probably ways to do it for free but I already had money loaded and the hangouts app on my phone so it was worth the $0.60 or whatever I spent.

Is the only way to get the Etihad record locator to call (US this time)? Surprised it isn't shown online anywhere.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by alexj7
I used google hangouts to call Australia. Cost is $0.02 per minute. Probably ways to do it for free but I already had money loaded and the hangouts app on my phone so it was worth the $0.60 or whatever I spent.

Is the only way to get the Etihad record locator to call (US this time)? Surprised it isn't shown online anywhere.
In my experience, only AS displays operator's PNR on-line. BA provides it in the email confirmation. DL's system will push you to VS' site. But I've always had to ask AA for CX/EY/QR PNRs, I think you'll find website display of operator PNR is quite rare. But I haven't tested all the thousands of possibilities.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:30 am

I believe so. The US reps couldn't tell us dh's rcl (he was ticketed the 5th) so I called Etihad and gave them the ticket number.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
There is no reason you cannot mix OneWorld and Etihad flights in one award or ticket as long as they work within routing rules.

I am flying EY-EY-CX on one ticket/award and there were no issues ticketing this.

The wiki at the top of this thread also clearly states this.

If you find EY inventory from your continent but not your city of choice, as usual you can include any other AAdvantage award airlines in order to complete the itinerary. E.g. LHR-xAUH-DEL-xAUH-CDG on EY connecting to CDG-LHR on BA.
Mark
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:45 am

DATAPOINT FOR THOSE BOOKED AUHJFK EY103...

The departure time has changed. Hence, you might get an email from Etihad saying "there's been a change to your itinerary". DON'T FREAK OUT, which is exactly what I initially did, fearing the worst.

Hope this helps somebody else's blood pressure - Jamie
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
DATAPOINT FOR THOSE BOOKED AUHJFK EY103...

The departure time has changed. Hence, you might get an email from Etihad saying "there's been a change to your itinerary". DON'T FREAK OUT, which is exactly what I initially did, fearing the worst.

Hope this helps somebody else's blood pressure - Jamie
Thanks for the heads up. And yay - an extra 25 minutes in the F lounge! (assuming my incoming doesn't change too of course!)
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
data point:
booked on 12/31 5pm
ticketed this morning 12/6, 12am PST
through Australia call center
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
In my experience, only AS displays operator's PNR on-line. BA provides it in the email confirmation. DL's system will push you to VS' site. But I've always had to ask AA for CX/EY/QR PNRs, I think you'll find website display of operator PNR is quite rare. But I haven't tested all the thousands of possibilities.
A little off-topic, but you can tweet AA to give you PNRs for each operating carrier on your itinerary.

UA provides carrier-specific PNR for some airlines online when you view your itinerary, and you can get others by calling in or tweeting as well. IME, Twitter works for DL-booked tickets too.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by akcae
A little off-topic, but you can tweet AA to give you PNRs for each operating carrier on your itinerary.
This is by far the easiest way to get it. I send a DM to AA on twitter with my AA record locator and usually within an hour they send me the other carrier's confirmation number. It's also handy that twitter stores all of your DMs, so I can go back and check there for easy reference in the future.

Last edited by thechosenuno; Jan 6, 2016 at 11:00 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thanks for the Twitter tip. I'll also tweet about my $40 phone ticketing fee that they did not waive.

My AUH-JFK-CLT-SAN just ticketed this morning
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by thechosenuno
This is by far the easiest way to get it. I send a DM to AA on twitter with my AA record locator and usually within an hour they send me the other carrier's confirmation number. It's also handy that twitter stores all of your DMs, so I can go back and check there for easy reference in the future.
+1

For all of AA's faults, the Twitter team is quite exceptional and helpful.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
Thanks for the heads up. And yay - an extra 25 minutes in the F lounge! (assuming my incoming doesn't change too of course!)
Be aware you'll be hearded to the US pre-clearance facility pretty early, queues can be formidable, and there's no booze on that side. I'm not at all looking forward to the AUH airport experience.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Be aware you'll be hearded to the US pre-clearance facility pretty early, queues can be formidable, and there's no booze on that side. I'm not at all looking forward to the AUH airport experience.
I'm sure I'll have enough booze on the 14 hour flight, but definitely a pain that there's the hassle of pre-clearance (as opposed to at YYZ where pre-clearance is a godsend). Are there at least Global Entry machines at AUH?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
I'm sure I'll have enough booze on the 14 hour flight, but definitely a pain that there's the hassle of pre-clearance (as opposed to at YYZ where pre-clearance is a godsend). Are there at least Global Entry machines at AUH?
This will be my first visit. As it has been explained to me, YES, there are GE machines but one must still queue up in a line that is shared between GE and wheelchair passengers. Again, I don't speak from experience, hopefully those better-versed can chime in. 0320 departure, ugh. I'm going to have a hard time keeping my kids awake.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.