Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2018+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

First, a hearty welcome to Executive Platinum status!

New Executive Platinum members, whether "self-made", via your Concierge Key nomination or made by AA offers, including challenges, to similar status holders from competing airlines, often have questions about how the program works.

Feel free to post your questions here, but also be aware many of your questions about American Airlines, AAdvantage and Executive Platinum status can be answered in these resources:
Link to What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (consolidated) thread on FT

Link to AAdvantage Elite Status guide and charts on aa.com

Link to "FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first!" thread.
● For older posts, please see:
Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:08 pm

Made EXP off my own dime, also I fly out of COU about 40 segments a year!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I'll start my annual contribution to this topic by quoting my post from the 2017 thread...

Originally Posted by fastflyer
[2018 was] my ninth year in a row, twelfth as EXP overall.

Requalified for 2018 on October 19, 2017, flying DFW-ONT.

Miles (EQMs): 100,713 of 100,000 (YTD)
Segments (EQSs): 106 of 120 (YTD)
Dollars (EQDs): of $12,898 of $12,000 (YTD)
2019 will be my tenth year in a row, thirteenth as EXP overall. Other milestones from the past year: crossed 3,000,000 miles and celebrated 35 years in the AAdvantage program (join date in 1983).

Requalified for AA EXP flying MCI-CLT on November 30, 2018 for next year, 2019. This includes some regression on timing, largely because I needed credits to my Delta account to hit the Delta 50k (Gold) level in that program for 2019. (Delta gives rollover credit, so my pattern is to alternate qualifying DL Gold or Silver, depending on how many leftover points I have from the previous year in that program).

My AA statistics as of the 11/30/2018 date of requalification:
Miles (EQMs): 100,790 of 100,000
Segments (EQSs): 124 of 120
Dollars (EQDs): $13,100 of $12,000
Dedicated likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I'm going to make Exec Plat on my current flight. Do I need to have anything happen on my current reservations to make sure I get all my benefits on those upcoming flights? Such as I have a few award flights coming up I'd like to make sure I get listed for an upgrade for. Do I need to call into the executive plat desk and get those reservations updated?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by adunker
I'm going to make Exec Plat on my current flight. Do I need to have anything happen on my current reservations to make sure I get all my benefits on those upcoming flights? Such as I have a few award flights coming up I'd like to make sure I get listed for an upgrade for. Do I need to call into the executive plat desk and get those reservations updated?
Yes. Because the system doesnt sweep your status unless something changes and it wont list you on the upgrade list automatically.
adunker likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Just had my last flight post, and re-qualified for EXP on what should be my last flight of the year.

EQD - 17K
EQM - 102K
EQS - 37
JDiver, Antarius and E55 like this.

Last edited by Dad to Rei; Dec 16, 2018 at 3:48 pm Reason: I can't spell or use the english language correctly, apparently.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
I’ve been here like 10 years and just hit EXP for the first time! Hit it midway through a business trip to India but attached are my final stats. Already put in SWU requests for an LHR leg and an EZE leg!

MorganB and enpremiere like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Just requified a couple of days ago. To do lax-jfk//bos-lax over the July 4 holidays is $400/$500 cheaper each way than AA in J.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

Mama, I made it!
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:35 pm
E55

With that many segments, I don't blame you. That's a lot of time in airports.

Originally Posted by Head
$30k EQD
100k EQM
105 EQS

If it wasn’t for work, I’d probably never get on a plane.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.7MM

Made it for first time since 2013 with last weeks DFW-NRT roundtrip in PE.
I'll be pretty far down on the EQD list - hope I can use the SWUs next year.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite
Long time lurker, first time poster. Sitting in Israel now for work just itching to get on that plane back to the US (TLV-LHR-DFW-DEN) tomorrow so I can for the first time say goodbye to Platinum (Pro). Been Platinum at least for several years, always getting close to EXP (closest I got was the year before last - 2700 miles short), but this will be the first time I've reached and eclipsed the hallowed EXP mark.

Did call Plat Pro line last night and asked if they could see that I'm about to cross the threshold, and if they could bump me earlier so I could enjoy it on my LHR-DFW leg. Said yes they could see, but nope to an early bump - have to wait until it posts. However, rep did say the lounge "guards" at LHR and other airport Oneworld lounges typically see that you're about to go EXP and will grant you access to their First lounges (this is true as one did on my way here last week). Since the TLV-LHR leg is BA metal, BA coded, I don't expect to see the miles post for a couple of days. In fact, I may end up seeing the LHR-DFW (BA code on AA metal) miles post before the first leg.

Yahoo to a year of EXP, and with many trips planned to Europe and Israel next year for work and pleasure, I'll definitely hit it again! Already have two return trips to TLV booked for early Jan and mid-Feb, and hope to use 4 SWUs for a nice Biz upgrade for wife and I trip to Italy in April.

Looking forward to the discussions in the forum.

EDIT: Can't post screen grab of EQD/EQM/EQS until I have 5 posts, apparently, but here they are typed out:

EQD: 15,164
EQM: 97,931
EQS: 48
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Just made EXP after a LAX-HKG flight putting me barely over the threshold. Hopefully for my very low EQD my SWU would still get to clear some time...

E55 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold

Requalified relatively late this year (last week) on a JFK-LAX flight. A few more trips to close out the year and should finish around 108K EQM.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
I just hope to god I don't make it again next year.

Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold

Good for 2019, although I am very doubtful for 2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.