Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2018+)

Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

First, a hearty welcome to Executive Platinum status!

New Executive Platinum members, whether "self-made", via your Concierge Key nomination or made by AA offers, including challenges, to similar status holders from competing airlines, often have questions about how the program works.

Feel free to post your questions here, but also be aware many of your questions about American Airlines, AAdvantage and Executive Platinum status can be answered in these resources:
Link to What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (consolidated) thread on FT

Link to AAdvantage Elite Status guide and charts on aa.com

Link to "FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first!" thread.
● For older posts, please see:
Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, HH Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I've had my new kit for a while and just opened it this morning. There were only 6 of the recognition certificates in there. I swear I've gotton at least 12 certificates in the past. Is AA skimping ?

I think I've got 5 certificates left from last year that expire on 01/31/19, and I'm planning on giving them all out next week.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by skydve1
I've had my new kit for a while and just opened it this morning. There were only 6 of the recognition certificates in there. I swear I've gotton at least 12 certificates in the past. Is AA skimping ?

I think I've got 5 certificates left from last year that expire on 01/31/19, and I'm planning on giving them all out next week.
They've gotten stingier over the last couple of years and they didn't used to expire. Although the recipients always seem to appreciate them I don't think these things are that valuable to them, so I don't understand this particular cutback. I too have some about-to-expire certificates to use on a late January trip. I hope the service is good and no CC announcements. I never give a cert to an FA who participates in that annoyance.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skydve1

Mine has 8 in it.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Rebob
Mine has 8 in it.
Originally Posted by Stripe
They've gotten stingier over the last couple of years and they didn't used to expire. Although the recipients always seem to appreciate them I don't think these things are that valuable to them, so I don't understand this particular cutback. I too have some about-to-expire certificates to use on a late January trip.
That really makes me wonder what the inconsistency is. I received two sets of six but it's hard to believe that it's a mistake given that they all have your FF on them.

Originally Posted by Stripe
I hope the service is good and no CC announcements. I never give a cert to an FA who participates in that annoyance.
I wave them at the FAs just before they pick up the PA to start the CC spiel.

Does that work?

No, not at all but when they get into it I make a point of doodling all over them with pictures of sad faced passengers, depictions of credit cards, and crying infants woken by the grating sales pitch well before landing.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:57 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
FYI - 2019 thread can be found here: Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2019+)

Thanks. /Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.