Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2018 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
American Airlines Celebrity Sightings (and Related) for 2018

MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge, or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2013 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2014 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2015 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2016 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2017 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived legacy US Airways Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2018 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Saw Mike Rowe today in PHL from Discovery Channel's "Dirty Jobs' and Narrator of Deadliest Catch. A few other people recognized him as well and were getting pictures. I just teased him really quick about having a job for him and that was about it, really nice guy.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Cheryl Hines, Las Vegas to Los Angeles.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: Exec Plat; 2.7 m miles
Faye Dunaway yesterday afternoon in F on Flight 32 from LAX to JFK.
Still looking great.
jcatman likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
PHL to LAS on 26May18...a grubby-looking guy (filthy shirt) and three other dudes boarded as CK. He was in F and the rest in the back. He slept for nearly the entire flight. While driving to the hotel, I saw his photo on the side of MGM. It was Steve Aoki, a DJ, it seems. No clue who he is, but he is someone enough to be CK and to have his face plastered on a hotel.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:27 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by honeytoes
PHL to LAS on 26May18...a grubby-looking guy (filthy shirt) and three other dudes boarded as CK. He was in F and the rest in the back. He slept for nearly the entire flight. While driving to the hotel, I saw his photo on the side of MGM. It was Steve Aoki, a DJ, it seems. No clue who he is, but he is someone enough to be CK and to have his face plastered on a hotel.
He is a very famous DJ, and fun fact, his dad Rocky Aoki founded the chain of Benihana Restaurants.
DFW_CK, Gino Troian and lds89 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
That's because it was Roger Murdock. He's an airline pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArHNrCvwq4c
I was on a flight behind Kareem and his assistant in F on a PHL-LAX flight back in the US days. He was in row 3, and asked to switch with the person in row 1. He offered that person a signed pic, but anyone else - a quick autograph or a pic as they boarded? No way. Wasn't very nice to people in general, and could barely muster a thanks when people said basic things like "I'm a big fan." Quite a disappointment. Most others I've encountered have been quite nice.

He is a tall son of a buck, though, so I can imagine even an exit row in Y would suck for him, unless he got one that did have a seat directly in front.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Avis President's Club
Kirstie Alley

She was in 3A MIA to BGI on 6/6/18 AA1089.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by BonhamSix
She was in 3A MIA to BGI on 6/6/18 AA1089.
Welcome to Flyertalk, BonhamSix

Is Kirstie a size 8 these days, or size 18?
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.

Last edited by jcatman; Jun 19, 2018 at 10:45 pm
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by JohnVernon
Faye Dunaway yesterday afternoon in F on Flight 32 from LAX to JFK.
Still looking great.
Did anyone scream.... no wire hangers?
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Superguy
I was on a flight behind Kareem and his assistant in F on a PHL-LAX flight back in the US days. He was in row 3, and asked to switch with the person in row 1. He offered that person a signed pic, but anyone else - a quick autograph or a pic as they boarded? No way. Wasn't very nice to people in general, and could barely muster a thanks when people said basic things like "I'm a big fan." Quite a disappointment. Most others I've encountered have been quite nice.

He is a tall son of a buck, though, so I can imagine even an exit row in Y would suck for him, unless he got one that did have a seat directly in front.
I had a similar experience with Kareem about a year ago. I walked over to his seat from mine just two rows back, just to say that when I was in high school I went to see him play against DeMatha High school. His assistant shooed me away, and he slunk away under a hoodie.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:26 am

Doubt I’ll ever cross paths with him, but if so I’d hit the Murdock angle. If nothing else, at least I would be amused.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by honeytoes
Some of the big DJs with international recognition rack up huge mileages because they can play on different continents on consecutive nights. I remember listening to one event that was broadcast live on British radio in the late 1990s, one of the British DJs, Sasha, had a Friday night residency at a nightclub in NYC, so the next morning flew Concorde to LHR, and then flew by helicopter to rural Hampshire for his gig on Saturday evening.

Another big British DJ that now lives in LA is a sporadic poster on the BA forum and has Gold Guest List and Concorde Room access (according to his profile) which, whilst isn't invitation level is about as close to CK as you can get in the BA world. Paul Van Dyk, who is/was a very influential DJ in the scene in the 1990s and early 2000s and is based in Germany reportedly has LH HON Circle status. So it's of no surprise someone such as Steve Aoki has CK status.
wrp96 likes this.

Last edited by Fraser; Jun 20, 2018 at 8:37 am
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
sorry

Last edited by geezersrule; Jun 20, 2018 at 8:29 am Reason: sorry i was wrong
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Fraser
Another big British DJ that now lives in LA is a sporadic poster on the BA forum and has Gold Guest List and Concorde Room access (according to his profile) which, whilst isn't invitation level is about as close to CK as you can get in the BA world.
Who?

Aoki is a terrible.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, American Gold
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
Who?

Aoki is a terrible.
I'm betting Calvin Harris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.