FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1885664-archive-2018-help-desk-will-i-have-lounge-access-access-rules.html)

Frequent flyer 101 Dec 31, 17 5:08 pm

HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Access, Rules (2018)
 
Jfk-lax-hnl in first. Transcon is first (3 class). I plan to go landside at lax for a couple of hours. Can I use flagship check-in zone at lax? Also, do I have flagship first dining at lax upon arrival?

JY1024 Dec 31, 17 5:08 pm

ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules
 
Welcome to our 2018 lounge access Help Desk! :)

/AA Moderator Team

cyru5 Jan 1, 18 6:31 pm

Happy New Year to all of you!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer for myself. And hope this is ok there due to OW member.

Due to the Qatar Business Class Sale I'm flying ARN-DOH-CBR and back SYD-DOH-ARN in Business. I have no special status.
Because of the ticket I would expect access to:
- ARN (on way to DOH): Arlanda Lounge
- DOH: Qatar lounges for business class
- SYD: Quantas International Business

Now I need a flight from FRA to ARN and later back from ARN to FRA. Correct me if I'm wrong: OW is saying when flying Eco from FRA to ARN and then Business to CBR, I'm able to use the OW lounge at FRA. Same would be with return flight at ARN.
Now the problem: there is no OW flight from FRA to ARN? Only SAS and Lufthansa and they are both Star Alliance.

Is there any chance to get in any lounge at FRA and on return at ARN Airport?

Thanks for your help.

JDiver Jan 1, 18 7:15 pm


Originally Posted by cyru5 (Post 29237721)
Happy New Year to all of you!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer for myself. And hope this is ok there due to OW member.

Due to the Qatar Business Class Sale I'm flying ARN-DOH-CBR and back SYD-DOH-ARN in Business. I have no special status.
Because of the ticket I would expect access to:
- ARN (on way to DOH): Arlanda Lounge
- DOH: Qatar lounges for business class
- SYD: Quantas International Business

Now I need a flight from FRA to ARN and later back from ARN to FRA. Correct me if I'm wrong: OW is saying when flying Eco from FRA to ARN and then Business to CBR, I'm able to use the OW lounge at FRA. Same would be with return flight at ARN.
Now the problem: there is no OW flight from FRA to ARN? Only SAS and Lufthansa and they are both Star Alliance.

Is there any chance to get in any lounge at FRA and on return at ARN Airport?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, but not unless youíre flying a oneworld airline departing those airports.

pandaperth Jan 1, 18 7:39 pm


Originally Posted by cyru5 (Post 29237721)
Happy New Year to all of you!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer for myself. And hope this is ok there due to OW member.

Due to the Qatar Business Class Sale I'm flying ARN-DOH-CBR and back SYD-DOH-ARN in Business. I have no special status.
Because of the ticket I would expect access to:
- ARN (on way to DOH): Arlanda Lounge
- DOH: Qatar lounges for business class
- SYD: Quantas International Business

Now I need a flight from FRA to ARN and later back from ARN to FRA. Correct me if I'm wrong: OW is saying when flying Eco from FRA to ARN and then Business to CBR, I'm able to use the OW lounge at FRA. Same would be with return flight at ARN.
Now the problem: there is no OW flight from FRA to ARN? Only SAS and Lufthansa and they are both Star Alliance.

Is there any chance to get in any lounge at FRA and on return at ARN Airport?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to FlyerTalk cyru5

For future reference, you have asked your question in the wrong forum
This forum relates to access to American Airlines lounges only

There is a OneWorld forum - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/
and a Qatar Airways forum - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...lege-club-644/
Where your question would have been more appropriate

Having said that, sadly for you, JDiver's advice is correct :(

flyingeph12 Jan 1, 18 8:51 pm


Originally Posted by cyru5 (Post 29237721)
Happy New Year to all of you!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer for myself. And hope this is ok there due to OW member.

Due to the Qatar Business Class Sale I'm flying ARN-DOH-CBR and back SYD-DOH-ARN in Business. I have no special status.
Because of the ticket I would expect access to:
- ARN (on way to DOH): Arlanda Lounge
- DOH: Qatar lounges for business class
- SYD: Quantas International Business

Now I need a flight from FRA to ARN and later back from ARN to FRA. Correct me if I'm wrong: OW is saying when flying Eco from FRA to ARN and then Business to CBR, I'm able to use the OW lounge at FRA. Same would be with return flight at ARN.
Now the problem: there is no OW flight from FRA to ARN? Only SAS and Lufthansa and they are both Star Alliance.

Is there any chance to get in any lounge at FRA and on return at ARN Airport?

Thanks for your help.

*A is your only option if you would like a nonstop flight from FRA to ARN, but you can fly AY through HEL if you would like to be on OW. Even still, I am not sure you would have access to the Arlanda lounge on arrival on your return.

Edgerfly Jan 2, 18 3:40 am

AA first award CMB-AUH-JFK-SEA last segment obviously AA operated. Etihad said I cannot a was their lounge upon arrival. So I was thinking I’d go to a Flagship or AA place I could take a shower, but since Etihad isn’t in OW (though they are partners with AA) people have said I can’t access any AA lounges either. So I’m flying first class for over 25hrs and I’m not allowed into any lounge. If I had paid for this ticket I would not be a very happy camper right now.

If I had Sapphire Status can I get in? Does that change this scenario?

Global321 Jan 2, 18 3:54 am


Originally Posted by Edgerfly (Post 29238958)
AA first award CMB-AUH-JFK-SEA last segment obviously AA operated. Etihad said I cannot a was their lounge upon arrival. So I was thinking Iíd go to a Flagship or AA place I could take a shower, but since Etihad isnít in OW (though they are partners with AA) people have said I canít access any AA lounges either. So Iím flying first class for over 25hrs and Iím not allowed into any lounge. If I had paid for this ticket I would not be a very happy camper right now.

If I had Sapphire Status can I get in? Does that change this scenario?

Nope. Sorry.

Edgerfly Jan 2, 18 4:33 am


Originally Posted by Global321 (Post 29238985)
Nope. Sorry.

If Iím traveling internationally, in first class, and have sapphire status, why am I not allowed into the lounge? It was my impression so long as you flew internationally you were allowed lounge access. Even when not flying with them. Also AA and EY are partners. Thereís no reciprocity at their lounges at all?

JJeffrey Jan 2, 18 4:54 am


Originally Posted by Edgerfly (Post 29239043)
If Iím traveling internationally, in first class, and have sapphire status, why am I not allowed into the lounge? It was my impression so long as you flew internationally you were allowed lounge access. Even when not flying with them. Also AA and EY are partners. Thereís no reciprocity at their lounges at all?

If you have sapphire status in another oneworld program other than AA, then you can use the Admirals Clubs or Flagship Lounges (and other oneworld business lounges) whenever you fly AA, including before your JFK-SEA flight.

But if you have sapphire status through AA, i.e. you're an AA PLT, then no lounge access unless you have a qualifying international flight on a oneworld carrier. EY is not oneworld, so no access for the reasons previously mentioned.

AA and EY are mileage redeeming partners, but they do not offer any type of lounge access reciprocity or any benefits for status members, etc.

flyingeph12 Jan 2, 18 6:02 am


Originally Posted by Edgerfly (Post 29238958)
AA first award CMB-AUH-JFK-SEA last segment obviously AA operated. Etihad said I cannot a was their lounge upon arrival. So I was thinking Iíd go to a Flagship or AA place I could take a shower, but since Etihad isnít in OW (though they are partners with AA) people have said I canít access any AA lounges either. So Iím flying first class for over 25hrs and Iím not allowed into any lounge. If I had paid for this ticket I would not be a very happy camper right now.

If I had Sapphire Status can I get in? Does that change this scenario?

Aren't you on the A380? Why not shower onboard before landing?

As others have said, you will not have access to AA's lounges in T8. You might be able to buy a day pass now that construction is complete, although I wouldn't count on it. The SWISS lounge in T4 also has a (pretty basic) shower room, and I believe you can still purchase a day (4-hour?) pass, although my experience is a few years old on that front.

Edgerfly Jan 2, 18 6:07 am


Originally Posted by flyingeph12 (Post 29239211)
Aren't you on the A380? Why not shower onboard before landing?

As others have said, you will not have access to AA's lounges in T8. You might be able to buy a day pass now that construction is complete, although I wouldn't count on it. The SWISS lounge in T4 also has a (pretty basic) shower room, and I believe you can still purchase a day (4-hour?) pass, although my experience is a few years old on that front.

I’m on the Tuesday flight, and the one that’s operated by a 777.

What if I purchase a fully refundable ticket in first class to go from JFK-LAX. I check in, use the lounge, shower, eat, then decide I no longer want to go to LAX. All of this hypothetical of course.

Could one do such a thing to gain access to the lounge Flagship lounge? Can you refund even if you check in for the flight? Or after the flight leaves? What F fare class on AA totally refundable no matter what?

teemuflyer Jan 2, 18 6:09 am


Originally Posted by Edgerfly (Post 29239043)


If Iím traveling internationally, in first class, and have sapphire status, why am I not allowed into the lounge? It was my impression so long as you flew internationally you were allowed lounge access. Even when not flying with them. Also AA and EY are partners. Thereís no reciprocity at their lounges at all?

I understand that you are upset with the circumstances, but you have asked about access over and over again and getting proper, accurate responses. We, who are providing those responses, do not make the rules. You have chosen to fly with an AA partner, not a OW member, and thus it has limited your options.

Personally I would be excited to fly EY F, and focus on that experience, rather than a shower @JFK.

Edgerfly Jan 2, 18 6:14 am


Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 29239226)
I understand that you are upset with the circumstances, but you have asked about access over and over again and getting proper, accurate responses. We, who are providing those responses, do not make the rules. You have chosen to fly with an AA partner, not a OW member, and thus it has limited your options.

Personally I would be excited to fly EY F, and focus on that experience, rather than a shower @JFK.

Actually no I donít keep asking the same questions. The original question was do I get access without status. The second question was if I had an international OW partner sapphire, would I then get access? Apparently that is no too.

flyingeph12 Jan 2, 18 6:21 am


Originally Posted by Edgerfly (Post 29239220)


Iím on the Tuesday flight, and the one thatís operated by a 777.

What if I purchase a fully refundable ticket in first class to go from JFK-LAX. I check in, use the lounge, shower, eat, then decide I no longer want to go to LAX. All of this hypothetical of course.

Could one do such a thing to gain access to the lounge Flagship lounge? Can you refund even if you check in for the flight?

Yes, you can cancel a refundable ticket after you have checked in for the flight. It might be weird, though, if you have a double booking (i.e., a JFK-LAX and a JFK-SEA booking).

Not sure if it is possible, but maybe see if you can change your routing from JFK-SEA to JFK-LAX-SEA. Or see if you can change to the A380 flight.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:25 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.