FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1885664-archive-2018-help-desk-will-i-have-lounge-access-access-rules.html)

agjil Jan 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by lds89 (Post 29330120)
Yes, inbound F on the transcon will grant you access to dining during your layover. If you were doing AA J to CX F or something, you wouldnt get access as the CX F deal is only for JFK departures.

Thank you, this is good to know. :)

Originally Posted by Pasqualle7 (Post 29330141)
Yes you will

Thanks!

Global321 Jan 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by lds89 (Post 29330120)
...as the CX F deal is only for JFK departures.

Really? Seems strange. Any thoughts on why they would spend for JFK but not for LAX?

lds89 Jan 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Global321 (Post 29330731)
Really? Seems strange. Any thoughts on why they would spend for JFK but not for LAX?

Because in LAX CX F passengers have access to the Qantas F lounge in TBIT (where their flight departs from anyways). Since CX departs from T8 in JFK - they wanted to make special arrangements to allow their F passengers to access dining as no CX lounge exists, moreover no OW F lounge exists now it's been converted to a flagship that admits J and OWS passengers. I'm sure CX is paying AA per passenger who takes advantage of this.

SpammersAreScum Jan 25, 2018 10:09 am

Originally Posted by lds89 (Post 29330810)
Because in LAX CX F passengers have access to the Qantas F lounge in TBIT (where their flight departs from anyways). Since CX departs from T8 in JFK - they wanted to make special arrangements to allow their F passengers to access dining as no CX lounge exists, moreover no OW F lounge exists now it's been converted to a flagship that admits J and OWS passengers. I'm sure CX is paying AA per passenger who takes advantage of this.

Yup. Just checked in in T8 for CX JFK-HKG and got handed a lounge invite and directions to the AA lounge in B (above gate 12). I shouldn't have needed the invite but the AAngel was happy to take it. The sign at Flagship Dining says "by Invitation Only" and doesn't seem to have any activity. Maybe it's busier in the evening.

The thing is, my flight leaves from Gate 47 so why I didn't get directed to AA's C lounge is a mystery. The AAngel said, "this one's better", so maybe that's why?

Pasqualle7 Jan 25, 2018 10:23 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 29338225)
Yup. Just checked in in T8 for CX JFK-HKG and got handed a lounge invite and directions to the AA lounge in B (above gate 12). I shouldn't have needed the invite but the AAngel was happy to take it. The sign at Flagship Dining says "by Invitation Only" and doesn't seem to have any activity. Maybe it's busier in the evening.

The thing is, my flight leaves from Gate 47 so why I didn't get directed to AA's C lounge is a mystery. The AAngel said, "this one's better", so maybe that's why?

Flagship is by Gate 8, since the renovation I think the C AC is much larger and nicer than the B AC but it lacks the Flagship.

teemuflyer Jan 25, 2018 10:58 am

Perhaps because you are an AA PLT, on a qualifying Int'l itinerary, you have access to the FS Lounge, not just the AC...

SpammersAreScum Jan 25, 2018 11:09 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 29338482)
Perhaps because you are an AA PLT, on a qualifying Int'l itinerary, you have access to the FS Lounge, not just the AC...

I am not sure about FS/FL vs AC. It was what I entered in Concourse B directly about Gate 12, and perhaps I was directed differently after that. There was free pour on wine, a buffet, and the FD entrance. (There could well be an entrance on the Gate 8 side as well.)

I am now in the Concourse C lounge, right at the base of the Y between 41 and 43. It has the usual soup and crackers offering, and no free pour.

teemuflyer Jan 25, 2018 11:16 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 29338544)
I am not sure about FS/FL vs AC. It was what I entered in Concourse B directly about Gate 12, and perhaps I was directed differently after that. There was free pour on wine, a buffet, and the FD entrance. (There could well be an entrance on the Gate 8 side as well.)

I am now in the Concourse C lounge, right at the base of the Y between 41 and 43. It has the usual soup and crackers offering, and no free pour.

Sounds like you are describing the Flagship Lounge which indeed has a much more extensive food offerings with the buffet, as well as free pour wines, champagne, premium drinks and beers vs. a normal domestic AC. FS Dining is only available for true AA Int'l or 3 class transcon F, and at JFK, CX F flyers.

Aero137 Jan 25, 2018 2:59 pm

Flying MEX-DFW-ORD soon (all 1 ticket on AA metal). Hoping to get upgraded on the MEX-DFW leg. If so, will I have access to the ORD FL?

enviroian Jan 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Trying to figure out the wiki. Tomorrow flying dfw-mex in business. Do I have first dining access at the D admirals club?

work2fly Jan 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 29339749)
Trying to figure out the wiki. Tomorrow flying dfw-mex in business. Do I have first dining access at the D admirals club?

yes

Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D (International First Class Dining only)
***Qualifying international flights are those between the U.S. and Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico City (MEX) only.

crazyarmadillo Jan 25, 2018 7:09 pm

wonder if anyone knows or can point me to a relevant post, as I cant find one.

I know lounge access is granted for a connecting flight the next day, as long as the flight is before 6am. But I arrive into LAX at around 10.30 pm and fly out the next day at 6.15 am. Would they show some flexibility, or do I have to wait around till midnight to gain access until it closes, as that would then be the same day.

Am travelling INTL F ticket (BA/AA) and OWE. Would a box of chocolates help ?:)

Appreciate any advice . Thanks.

enviroian Jan 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly (Post 29340025)
yes

Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D (International First Class Dining only)
***Qualifying international flights are those between the U.S. and Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico City (MEX) only.

thank you. I didn’t see that MEX caveat on aa.com

JJeffrey Jan 25, 2018 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo (Post 29340451)

I know lounge access is granted for a connecting flight the next day, as long as the flight is before 6am. But I arrive into LAX at around 10.30 pm and fly out the next day at 6.15 am. Would they show some flexibility, or do I have to wait around till midnight to gain access until it closes, as that would then be the same day.

What is your exact itinerary? As a BA Gold I doubt you will have any issues.

andersonCooper Jan 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Aero137 (Post 29339635)
Flying MEX-DFW-ORD soon (all 1 ticket on AA metal). Hoping to get upgraded on the MEX-DFW leg. If so, will I have access to the ORD FL?

Yes. Arriving BP will work.

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo (Post 29340451)

In theory no, but I do think you could ask nicely and see how it goes. I would be more worried about where to stay between 1am and 4:45am at LAX though...