FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1885664-archive-2018-help-desk-will-i-have-lounge-access-access-rules.html)

JDiver Jan 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by jm6886 (Post 29292468)
Hello:

If I am traveling in J on Royal Jordanian (JFK-AMM), will I be able to access the AA Flagship Lounge? Or would I instead be directed to the Admirals Club? Thanks!

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead (Post 29292559)
Yes, Oneworld J qualifies for FL.

As long as you are departing JFK on any oneworld airline.

absoluy Jan 15, 2018 12:23 pm

I’m flying AA from LAX to SFO, connecting to JFK.

I have OWE status but will have my AA Platinum number on the ticket (for upgrade purposes).

Will I have issues accessing the QF F lounge in LAX using my OWE card (when it’s not associated with the booking)? I have seen them be awkward in general when trying to access using AA domestic flights.

serfty Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

A non AA Emerald gets First lounge access where they exist before any oneworld operated and marketed flight.

There was confusion at LAX a little over a year ago of AA domestic flights and non AA Emeralds but I believe the staff were re-educated and reports of this are far less.

Now Qantas have an additional rule that should only apply to their members that the Frequent Flyer status being used to access the lounge is the one in the booking. This should not apply to non QF oneworld elites.

Enjoy!

Gig103 Jan 20, 2018 12:39 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 29278348)
AFAIK there's no rule that says the flight must arrive by 6am. I know this is in the wiki but I have no idea where it came from (happy to be corrected).

There is a rule though that says you can access lounges the calendar day before the qualifying (or connecting) flight, if the qualifying flights is departing before 6am the next day. This rule can be found at both aa.com and the oneworld lounge access pages.

Without this provision, an F customer arriving at LAX at say 10pm for a 130am LAX-HKG flight technically wouldn't have access until midnight, which would be silly.

A same day NRT-LAX-PHX trip in J will of course have lounge access at LAX (save your NRT-LAX boarding pass for entry since the connecting flight is a separate ticket).

Will they need to see both the NRT-LAX boarding pass, and the connecting flight? Because I couldn't pass up booking my separate ticket being on WN (better schedule, and half the price). I realize this would put me in the wrong terminal, but if they only need to see the relevant AA J ticket then I might take the walk over, mostly for a shower.

teemuflyer Jan 20, 2018 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Gig103 (Post 29315668)
Will they need to see both the NRT-LAX boarding pass, and the connecting flight? Because I couldn't pass up booking my separate ticket being on WN (better schedule, and half the price). I realize this would put me in the wrong terminal, but if they only need to see the relevant AA J ticket then I might take the walk over, mostly for a shower.

They want to see the relevant connecting ticket in addition to Int'l long haul ticket. If you booked on WN, instead of AA, you are not getting access.

Gig103 Jan 20, 2018 1:09 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 29315678)
They want to see the relevant connecting ticket in addition to Int'l long haul ticket. If you booked on WN, instead of AA, you are not getting access.

Totally fair, and what I expected. But still I wasn't sure if "same day" was sufficient to just use the NRT pass. Thanks for confirming.

tfizzle Jan 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Enough Time for TBIT One World Lounge Access?

I'm an EXP flying through LAX one American Eagle which arrives and departs at the satellite terminal 5 (gates 52, 53) accessible by bus from the the main AA terminal 5. I have a 2 hour layover, will I have time to get from the satellite terminal 5 to TBIT to access the Qantas lounge?

rossmacd Jan 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Yes, I have done it myself - you will probably get about 40-50 minutes in the lounge in my experience, before heading back to your gate. This is enough time for a quick meal and a drink.

eponymous_coward Jan 20, 2018 1:15 pm

So if you’re an EXP who’s strictly flying American Eagle flights (in other words, not three class premium transcon and not international long haul) under what rule do you think you get access to the QF F lounge? I’m keen to understand how that works...

QueenOfCoach Jan 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by tfizzle (Post 29317362)
I'm an EXP flying through LAX one American Eagle which arrives and departs at the satellite terminal 5 (gates 52, 53) accessible by bus from the the main AA terminal 5. I have a 2 hour layover, will I have time to get from the satellite terminal 5 to TBIT to access the Qantas lounge?

You have enough time if you really want to see and experience the lounge for yourself. It will be a quick visit.

Personally, I'd just wait in the AC right there in the Eagles Nest with a good book or Sudoku puzzle and a comfy chair rather than hassle the bus ride to and from T4 and hoofing it over to and back from TBIT. YMMV.

DMPHL Jan 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by tfizzle (Post 29317362)

If you're flying strictly domestically, you will not have access to the QF lounges, or to the Admirals Club, for that matter.

tfizzle Jan 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks, you are correct-that pesky fine print. Hopefully priority pass will be me in at Alaska..

agjil Jan 23, 2018 1:44 pm

If I'm flying JFK-LAX-HKG, where JFK-LAX is on AA's 321T F and LAX-HKG on CX F, would I be able to use the Flagship First Dining option in the new Flagship lounge at LAX before my departure to HKG?

lds89 Jan 23, 2018 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by agjil (Post 29330103)
If I'm flying JFK-LAX-HKG, where JFK-LAX is on AA's 321T F and LAX-HKG on CX F, would I be able to use the Flagship First Dining option in the new Flagship lounge at LAX before my departure to HKG?

Yes, inbound F on the transcon will grant you access to dining during your layover. If you were doing AA J to CX F or something, you wouldnt get access as the CX F deal is only for JFK departures.

Pasqualle7 Jan 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by lds89 (Post 29330120)
Yes, inbound F on the transcon will grant you access to dining during your layover. If you were doing AA J to CX F or something, you wouldnt get access as the CX F deal is only for JFK departures.

Yes you will