New million mile luggage tags (Dec 2017)

Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:26 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Can't say I received new tags either. I still have my 2012 tags.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Finally received my 2MM tags after calling on 19 March. The agent I talked to at customer service was more than willing to send them so I suggest everyone give them a call via your elite status number.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do FAs see MIllion Miler status on their handhelds or manifest at all? No one seems to ever mention it to me even if they mention EP.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do FAs see MIllion Miler status on their handhelds or manifest at all? No one seems to ever mention it to me even if they mention EP.
They may be able to see it somewhere, but not at the high level, IIRC. The seat map only shows CK, EXP and other I believe.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
My tags came yesterday. Have to say, compared to what my colleague got when she hit MM w/DL, this is a disappointment. They sent her a catalog of gifts to choose from including Hartman luggage & Tiffany jewelry.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by txrus
My tags came yesterday. Have to say, compared to what my colleague got when she hit MM w/DL, this is a disappointment. They sent her a catalog of gifts to choose from including Hartman luggage & Tiffany jewelry.
Years ago, AA had gifts for million milers. But when the credit card mile earning blew wide open, a million miles really ceased meaning much in terms of customer revenue for flying. AA just recently changed to flown miles, as DL has had all along, so we shouldnt be surprised a MM milestone doesnt mean much - and it wont until the huge number of credit card and bonus mile million milers diminishes.

I have nearly six million miles, and though Ive been AA Gold or higher since forever, including 17 years as EP, anyone who imagines I earned nearly six million miles as all butt in seat would have to be delusional or very misinformed.

Comparing DL or UA million miler programs with the AA mm program is like comparing peaches to raisins.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
Years ago, AA had gifts for million milers. But when the credit card mile earning blew wide open, a million miles really ceased meaning much in terms of customer revenue for flying. AA just recently changed to flown miles, as DL has had all along, so we shouldn’t be surprised a MM milestone doesn’t mean much - and it won’t until the huge number of credit card and bonus mile million milers diminishes.
Indeed - and this is the source of some annoyance for LUS FFs (e.g. yours truly) for whom only BIS miles *on US metal* counted for million miler status - no credit for flying on Star partners, even as codeshares. We all started way behind on the counting - I've been CP/EXP for a decade, and still not 1MM ...

(ETA: that said, obviously it's now easier to get million miler status than it was on US, and 2MM means something on AA which it didn't on US. So on an absolute basis this aspect of AAdvantage is better than the Dividend Miles equivalent.)

Last edited by superweak; Aug 10, 2018 at 9:14 am
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: American Advantage
Originally Posted by JDiver
Years ago, AA had gifts for million milers. But when the credit card mile earning blew wide open, a million miles really ceased meaning much in terms of customer revenue for flying. AA just recently changed to flown miles, as DL has had all along, so we shouldnt be surprised a MM milestone doesnt mean much - and it wont until the huge number of credit card and bonus mile million milers diminishes.

I have nearly six million miles, and though Ive been AA Gold or higher since forever, including 17 years as EP, anyone who imagines I earned nearly six million miles as all butt in seat would have to be delusional or very misinformed.

Comparing DL or UA million miler programs with the AA mm program is like comparing peaches to raisins.

AA hasn't counted credit card miles toward MM status since 2011, reducing the number of new flyers with the status.
Dedicated likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:40 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was hoping when I made EXP this year I'd get a new set of Million Miler tags (currently only a 1MM) but I did not and my EXP bag tag doesn't say Million Miler on it like my EXP card does. Oh well.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by CMK10
I was hoping when I made EXP this year I'd get a new set of Million Miler tags (currently only a 1MM) but I did not and my EXP bag tag doesn't say Million Miler on it like my EXP card does. Oh well.
I'd reach out to EXP Customer Service and let them know the 'bad news' that you lost your luggage tags (perhaps the dog ate them?) and if they could kindly send you some new ones you'd be most appreciative...
sm82 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Just hit 2MM today (based on flights yesterday). I already got my 4 SWU. Am I supposed to call to get the tags or should they come on their own?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BrianV
Just hit 2MM today (based on flights yesterday). I already got my 4 SWU. Am I supposed to call to get the tags or should they come on their own?
I would call... if nothing else it might speed up the process (AA customer service)
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage
Lost 1MM Bag Tags

I lost my 1MM bag tags and was wondering if AA would replace them if I called... Anyone know?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by AALGoldFlyer
I lost my 1MM bag tags and was wondering if AA would replace them if I called... Anyone know?
I don't mean this in a snarky way, but don't know how else to say it: the only ones who will be able to really give you an answer is AA, even if someone on here got a replacement in the past. Just call them, worst they can say is no.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
I got the email today about 1MM and a notice I'd see tags in a few weeks. 35,000 bonus miles posted the same day I hit 1M. Too bad they aren't LP, as well... as in "you've earned lifetime gold, here's the LP that would have taken next year as a bonus this year!"
apeortdz and robertablake like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.