Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage redemption on Virgin?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

AAdvantage redemption on Virgin?

Now that Virgin has merged with Alaska Air, will we be able to redeem AA miles on a virgin flight? More specifically, I'm trying to pair a HND-SFO-SAN ticket, but the SFO-SAN portion is on virgin. If it was an Alaskan ticket it would be valid, but wasn't sure if Virgin is treated the same.

I'd call, but I'm in Japan and AA hold times are atrocious! Would cost a fortune to make that call to be told "no." Thanks!!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by djtsukasa
Now that Virgin has merged with Alaska Air, will we be able to redeem AA miles on a virgin flight? More specifically, I'm trying to pair a HND-SFO-SAN ticket, but the SFO-SAN portion is on virgin. If it was an Alaskan ticket it would be valid, but wasn't sure if Virgin is treated the same.

I'd call, but I'm in Japan and AA hold times are atrocious! Would cost a fortune to make that call to be told "no." Thanks!!
Alaska and Virgin America are still largely operating as separate carriers, as it sits now it's not possible to redeem AA miles for VS flights.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:29 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by djtsukasa
(Tip for the future: It appears you're able to get online. Use Google Voice or Skype to make free calls to US toll-free numbers. I do this frequently when overseas or traveling to locales in the US where there is poor cell reception, but I can get a steady wifi connection.)
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There is a late-April date for a merged AS/VX operation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.