Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

J award, confirmed in Y. Upgrade priority?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum

Apologies if this is covered in a thread that I could not find. Currently booked on a J award, NRT-ORD [JL] connecting to MIA in AA. Confirmed in coach on the domestic sector. I am monitoring C and A availability on ExpertFlyer. My question is if availability does not clear until I get to ORD, will my J ticket 'trump' Exp upgrades at the gate? Do I need to advise the gate agent? Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by UKdiver
I am monitoring C and A availability on ExpertFlyer
You should be monitoring "U" Availability for Domestic First Class Award Availability.

Originally Posted by UKdiver
My question is if availability does not clear until I get to ORD, will my J ticket 'trump' Exp upgrades at the gate? Do I need to advise the gate agent? Thanks
It used to be that you could be listed as a DSR on the PALL for this scenario which would make you highest priority for upgrades. There is very inconsistent evidence of proper or current application however.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, this is a specific benefit of UA's program (or at least it was of CO), but I don't believe AA.
You really need there to be U inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.