Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

“Your year in review” email from AA (21 Dec 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold

First time I have ever gotten one of these emails from AA, basically telling me how I did this year flying AA, they also give a ranking system for EXP based on flying, it seems that I am in the top 14%.. dont know is that good?
anyone else getting these?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fotographer
First time I have ever gotten one of these emails from AA, basically telling me how I did this year flying AA, they also give a ranking system for EXP based on flying, it seems that I am in the top 14%.. dont know is that good?
anyone else getting these?
I haven't received anything like this. Top 14% of EXPs or all AA flyers? If I may ask, how many EQDs did you get in 2017?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1.97MM
Got it, but they said i am at the top 7% PPro, and i turned EXP on dec 15th (they only have the data until dec 12th)
I really liked this email
182 Hours in the Sky
3.5 times flow around the world
(these until dec 12th)
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I just received mine this morning as well. The information didn't provide that I'm in a top percentage of EXP (probably bottom 50%), but it said twice around the world, 115 hours in the sky, 10+ upgrades (would have been nice to see success percentage), and bonus mile activity. From a marketing perspective, I think it's a nice touch to thank customers in the AAdvantage program for their business the past year.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:31 am

Top 20% of EXP based on miles flown. 184 hours in the sky.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by GIGMIACDG
182 Hours in the Sky
3.5 times flow around the world
I also flew 3.5 times around the world but only spent 81 hrs in the sky - you must fly very slowly
apeortdz and enpremiere like this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EP
I just received my email. As a former plat and now lowly gold, this email just served to reinforce how degraded the FF benefits have become for lower-tier elites. I don't typically track my upgrade % or award miles earned, but looking at my 2017 statistics, I can see that the benefits I have received this year (in terms of miles and upgrades) were miserable compared with pre-merger. On the upside, I just took my first non-AA domestic flight in ten years on Delta, and it was a positive experience - much better fare and the timing fit my schedule. This email from AA has served to reinforce that free agent is the way to go for me!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:42 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Mine still shows me as Plat even though I made PlatPro last week.

So really it's "Most of your year in review"
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:45 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Per email I'm in top 24% of EXPs based on miles flown.
It's nice to see the other stats noted in the email particularly upgs gotten.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1.97MM

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I also flew 3.5 times around the world but only spent 81 hrs in the sky - you must fly very slowly
How can i spent 100 hour more to do the same 3.5x around the world? hahahahahahahhaa i am tired to think about this
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
I'm pretty surprised at my percentile (23%) as well. I "only" flew 120k EQMs worth for the year and so it makes me think this calculation includes all the EXPs who didn't requalify this year.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I thought this was pretty cool to get. I didn't get anything showing what % of EXP I'm in so either that was low or they just picked some random data points to share. It does make note that partner travel is not included. I had a couple Qantas flights that were pretty big gainers for me so maybe "% based on miles flown" is only on AA metal. A few of my stats: 175 hours in they sky, 4 times around the world, 17 destinations visited, 35+ upgrades.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA PRO
My email didn't include a percentile - I had $17,705 EQD this year. It did say I made EXP on July 2, and that I redeemed 92,500 miles for flights and upgrades... Since I re-qualified so early in the year (for me) I promptly switched from "earn" to "burn" on my miles.
That rolling EQD total is probably going to come around and bite me in 2018.
As someone posted upthread, I have my first non-AA domestic flight in over 5 years on Jan 1 - on WN no less (price and schedule were far more convenient) - I'm guessing free agency is in my near future as well.
All in all though it was a cool email.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
367 hrs in the air, 7.5x around the world, 3/19/17 EXP earned, top 2% EXP. No CK renewal. Whine whine.
PHX_Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:56 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Odd. I'm at 193 hours and 3x around the world. But it doesn't give me my %.

The other question is the calculation of "hours in the sky". Based upon flight time blocked or actual in the air, based upon takeoff/landing. I assume #1 , but then it's not true hours in the sky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.