Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA has 20 Boeing 777-323ER / 77W aircraft in the fleet.

The final configuration includes:

8 First Class seats
52 Business Class
28 Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats
. . . . (The 77W has received the same Premium Economy Seat as is in the 787-9 and other refitted widebodies.)
28 Main Cabin Extra (in 10 across configuration, all bulkheads or exit rows)
188 Main Cabin / Economy / Coach

All Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats, in a 2-4-2 configuration, offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. The front (bulkhead) seats offer foot rest bars that deploy from the seat; other seats have footpegs under the seat in front of you.

Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

See post #1 for seat chart and illustration
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
I am guessing the situation is still not consistent and firm, from a soft service point. I’ll be interested in the answers myself.

I am curious as well, just to see what happens. Soft product, how the cabin ends up staffed, etc.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Have flown on the 787 in PE from DFW-MAD after the conversion but before they started charging for the seats. In this case, they served PE food and handed out amenity kits. I'm looking for actual photos of the 77W PE and if any premium services will be offered as the crew gets trained closer to the actual launch date. They may start with only MCE amenities and then switch over to PE amenities closer to launch. Would be nice to know. PS: Also, what wine, beer and spirits are offered in MCE on the DFW-LHR flight? I can't find that information online anywhere.
There are pics of the cabin up-thread. Here's a link: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29561824&postcount=93

Also, someone posted last week in this thread about their experience LAX-HKG in the PE seat on the 77W: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29675345-post123.html and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29675579-post125.html

I cannot tell you for certain, but I am sure the beer/wine selection ex-DFW is similar to the domestic choices. I haven't been in MCE in almost 2 years, so that's a WAG. MCE "amenities" are seats with more legroom. That's about it. Until AA officially rolls out their announced MCE enhancements, which they are delaying from their "spring" launch.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:20 pm

Thanks for the pictures and info on the new PE section. I am booked JFK-LHR next week and it allowed me to book a seat in this section, i.e. row 16-19, which is labelled as MCE. I suppose they are not selling these seats as PE and using them as MCE for now?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyercity
I suppose they are not selling these seats as PE and using them as MCE for now?
Correct. I believe the date that changes is June 26, 2018. This is when it will be officially a PE class.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by econometrics
Correct. I believe the date that changes is June 26, 2018. This is when it will be officially a PE class.
Thanks, looking forward to it!

Although in that case no PE food and amenity kids I suppose?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by flyercity
Thanks, looking forward to it!

Although in that case no PE food and amenity kids I suppose?
See my comment above your first comment.

Some report getting amenity kits, and even a report of a meal selection card. But in general, don't count on either.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:05 pm

N727AN off to PAE this afternoon.

N717AN, N720AN, N734AR are the only ones left without PE at this point.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
Flew AA78 row 19 on Apr 22nd and, as I hadn't been on FT for a long time, had no idea that PE would be there. Was a significant improvement on MCE on what is a long overnight... but four across in the middle is a negative, double the chance of having to get up mid-flight to let someone out from the centre for bathroom breaks.

NIce to get when sold as economy. Not really much different from BA PE though....now if only AA had more of the non-stop routes I need to US from London, as flying twice (booked AA.com) in next two months on the ancient BA 747s.. and the exit row seats already booked out... ugh
Old May 2, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I am row 18 on DFW-FRA on July 1st on an award ticket. AA says there is no way to upgrade to PE. Anyone know the true story on this? It sounded like the woman thought I was trying to upgrade to MC+, as she indicating it was the same cabin.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by james318
I am row 18 on DFW-FRA on July 1st on an award ticket. AA says there is no way to upgrade to PE. Anyone know the true story on this? It sounded like the woman thought I was trying to upgrade to MC+, as she indicating it was the same cabin.
I’m not sure you can upgrade an award ticket to PE yet, as PE - I believe - still is not offered via award ticket yet.

Old May 4, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: AA EXP.
random question. my gf just booked her flight and could only get 18A what are the odds of me getting someone to swap out my 16L (exit window) with 18C (aisle).
Old May 4, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Amil
random question. my gf just booked her flight and could only get 18A what are the odds of me getting someone to swap out my 16L (exit window) with 18C (aisle).
Impossible to predict.
Old May 4, 2018, 7:18 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Did we ever actually decide which PE seat is best? Some folks like the bulkhead row due to the perception of extra room. I'd probably prefer non-bulkhead, so that I can stow things under the seat in front of me rather in the overhead bin. Also I wonder if foot traffic would use the bulkhead row to cut across to the other aisle.

Anyway, did we ever decide which seat is best?
Old May 4, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Did we ever actually decide which PE seat is best? Some folks like the bulkhead row due to the perception of extra room. I'd probably prefer non-bulkhead, so that I can stow things under the seat in front of me rather in the overhead bin. Also I wonder if foot traffic would use the bulkhead row to cut across to the other aisle.

Anyway, did we ever decide which seat is best?
My question as well as it looks like we'll be in PE on AA 79 (77W) LHR-DFW in early October. I like having an actual window to look out of and currently have row 17 or 18 to choose from. It appears from above comments that limited recline in row 18 is not an issue. Also wondering what the seat pitch is in rows 17 and 18.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by Amil
There are no more exit seats available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.