Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA has 20 Boeing 777-323ER / 77W aircraft in the fleet.

The final configuration includes:

8 First Class seats
52 Business Class
28 Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats
. . . . (The 77W has received the same Premium Economy Seat as is in the 787-9 and other refitted widebodies.)
28 Main Cabin Extra (in 10 across configuration, all bulkheads or exit rows)
188 Main Cabin / Economy / Coach

All Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats, in a 2-4-2 configuration, offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. The front (bulkhead) seats offer foot rest bars that deploy from the seat; other seats have footpegs under the seat in front of you.

Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

See post #1 for seat chart and illustration
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:13 pm

At this pace, they’ll be done in 2 weeks, 3 if they loaf around.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
N729AN heading back to DFW from PAE today to re-enter service. Going to LHR tonight as AA78.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Wife and I sat in 18JL from LAX to HKG. Solid product and pretty comfortable for the long haul. Was initially concerned about seat recline but didn't appear to be hindered by the wall behind. Initially thought people were overreacting about the audio jack, but it definitely takes a bit to find. Saw numerous people with their phone lights on trying to find it.

Seat came with a pillow, blanket, and a Cole Haan amenity kit which was useful

Food was atrocious
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Monkified
Wife and I sat in 18JL from LAX to HKG. Solid product and pretty comfortable for the long haul. Was initially concerned about seat recline but didn't appear to be hindered by the wall behind. Initially thought people were overreacting about the audio jack, but it definitely takes a bit to find. Saw numerous people with their phone lights on trying to find it.

Seat came with a pillow, blanket, and a Cole Haan amenity kit which was useful

Food was atrocious
Surprised it came with the amenity kit as that’s a PE soft product and it hasn’t officially launched yet for the 77W. Was it the normal main cabin meal service?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Yeah I was surprised too. It was a much more flimsy case than what I've received in J in the past but contained the basic dental kit, hygiene kit, eye mask, socks, and ear plugs.

I'm pretty sure it was the main cabin meal service although we did receive a food options menu at the beginning of the flight which we didn't get on our flight back to LAX in Y. Didn't take a photo though.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:16 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Monkified
Yeah I was surprised too. It was a much more flimsy case than what I've received in J in the past but contained the basic dental kit, hygiene kit, eye mask, socks, and ear plugs.

I'm pretty sure it was the main cabin meal service although we did receive a food options menu at the beginning of the flight which we didn't get on our flight back to LAX in Y. Didn't take a photo though.
Flimsy amenity kit, atrocious food ... are you sure you weren't in business class?

Seriously though, the amenity kit sounds like the same kind issued in biz to/from LHR.

BA's PE gives you a business class meal, with much less service. But the meal is at least edible. From prevoius reports here on FT, it sounds like AA PE's meal is much closer to main cabin than business class. (As if there's much difference.)
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
N724AN going back to DFW tonight to re-enter service with PE installed. Scheduled to operate AA78 to LHR tomorrow (27 April).

I'm guessing N727AN will go to PAE next. She's inbound to DFW from LHR as AA81 right now.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
premium economy 777-300

Hi All, this is my first post on AA forum, i usually fly business class on AA but there was a deal not to be missed in the new premium economy cabin in september ($600 ork to mia return), we have booked row 16 exit, has anyone been in these seats and what was the service like? i have heard that anything other than bus/first the service is abysmal and rude. if anyone can shed some light i would be delighted
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...g-out-now.html
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
thank you
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please follow the topic in the e isting thread linked to above.

Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Can someone please post a trip report on one of the converted 77W birds with some photos of Premium Economy. We're going to be on an upcoming DFW-LHR flight in a PE seat before PE officially rolls out and we'd like to know cabin layout, service, etc.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Can someone please post a trip report on one of the converted 77W birds with some photos of Premium Economy. We're going to be on an upcoming DFW-LHR flight in a PE seat before PE officially rolls out and we'd like to know cabin layout, service, etc.
Have you looked at the photos in the Wikipost at the top of the page? Post no. 1 shows the seat layout.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
Have you looked at the photos in the Wikipost at the top of the page? Post no. 1 shows the seat layout.
Have flown on the 787 in PE from DFW-MAD after the conversion but before they started charging for the seats. In this case, they served PE food and handed out amenity kits. I'm looking for actual photos of the 77W PE and if any premium services will be offered as the crew gets trained closer to the actual launch date. They may start with only MCE amenities and then switch over to PE amenities closer to launch. Would be nice to know. PS: Also, what wine, beer and spirits are offered in MCE on the DFW-LHR flight? I can't find that information online anywhere.
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Have flown on the 787 in PE from DFW-MAD after the conversion but before they started charging for the seats. In this case, they served PE food and handed out amenity kits. I'm looking for actual photos of the 77W PE and if any premium services will be offered as the crew gets trained closer to the actual launch date. They may start with only MCE amenities and then switch over to PE amenities closer to launch. Would be nice to know. PS: Also, what wine, beer and spirits are offered in MCE on the DFW-LHR flight? I can't find that information online anywhere.
Ah, thanks for clarifying! We have a lot f newer users of this forum who aren’t aware of Wikiposts, which is why I mentioned it; you’re not new to PE. I am guessing the situation is still not consistent and firm, from a soft service point. I’ll be interested in the answers myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.