Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 29, 18, 5:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
AA has 20 Boeing 777-323ER / 77W aircraft in the fleet.

The final configuration includes:

8 First Class seats
52 Business Class
28 Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats
. . . . (The 77W has received the same Premium Economy Seat as is in the 787-9 and other refitted widebodies.)
28 Main Cabin Extra (in 10 across configuration, all bulkheads or exit rows)
188 Main Cabin / Economy / Coach

All Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats, in a 2-4-2 configuration, offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. The front (bulkhead) seats offer foot rest bars that deploy from the seat; other seats have footpegs under the seat in front of you.

Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

Seatback IFE and Power(AA gallery - link)

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

See post #1 for seat chart and illustration
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 16, 18, 6:47 pm

Programs: WS Plat., AS Gold, Winner "Misanthropes to Watch" (1984)
I'm just about to pull the trigger on purchasing DFW-EZE on a 772 in J. Flight is in May. I've not flown that route for ages. What am I looking at in terms of J seat/Pod? Am I correct in thinking it's all lie flat now, and only a matter of getting either a Zodiac or "the nice seats"?
THX
Old Mar 16, 18, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Frequentlander View Post
I'm just about to pull the trigger on purchasing DFW-EZE on a 772 in J. Flight is in May. I've not flown that route for ages. What am I looking at in terms of J seat/Pod? Am I correct in thinking it's all lie flat now, and only a matter of getting either a Zodiac or "the nice seats"?
THX
You’re in the wrong thread. Try this one: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post29496168
Old Mar 17, 18, 3:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by suziemay View Post
Does 16A have a window? I thought with the older config, there were reports of no window for this seat. Also, do you happen to know if seat 18A reclines?
I sat in 18L yesterday HKG-LAX, and it seemed to recline as much as the other seats.
Old Mar 17, 18, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
N732AN is on her way back to DFW today (17 Mar). Scheduled to go to HKG tomorrow as AA125.

N733AR is taking her place, flying DFW-PAE tonight. Wiki updated.
Old Mar 20, 18, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I'm flying on AA193 LAX-HKG at the end of March on a 77W. How soon would I be able to know if the flight will have PE and would an ExpertFlyer alert be the best approach to get notified? Sorry if this was already discussed but I didn't see anything. Thanks in advance
Old Mar 20, 18, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 75K, Hyatt G
Just took AA193 3/20 in J and pretty sure there was a 2-4-2 mini cabin behind J.
Monkified likes this.
Old Mar 22, 18, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by aacar View Post
I sat in 18L yesterday HKG-LAX, and it seemed to recline as much as the other seats.
Thanks for confirming!
Old Mar 22, 18, 12:52 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
In recent months, Premium Economy costs about $200 to $250 more, per round trip, compared to Economy.

For July 2018 travel, AA and BA are trying to price Premium Economy about $700 more than Economy. Apparently others are willing to pay a $350 premium each way, because several flights are sold out in PE.

Oops, gotta run, the back of the bus is calling.
Old Mar 22, 18, 1:19 pm

Programs: Don't get to fly enough with any specific airline to obtain status.
Better seating options on flight 108 LAX-LHR?

We are flying flight 108 from LAX to LHR in September 2018. We took row 36 J and L in the back as there are only 2 seats in the last three rows. Should we make a seat move? We wanted Premium economy but it looked like PE only gave you 1 " of extra pitch when we booked last January so didn't seem worth the extra $$$ for an inch of extra space. If you have a suggestion for a better seat let me know. Our friends are in the row in front or behind us so we would need 4 better seats. If these are good seats we will keep them. You are wonderful to offer the information about the aircraft. I don't get to fly that often so any help would be wonderful. We will be on 109 on the route back in mid September.

Originally Posted by econometrics View Post
Here's some pics of row 16 on the 77W with PE:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29484735-post24.html

Last edited by Oxnardjan; Mar 22, 18 at 1:27 pm
Old Mar 23, 18, 12:54 pm

Location: Hongkong, China / Manila, Philippines / California, USA
Programs: CX MPO AM / AA / Marriott / Shangri-La
Originally Posted by vudoosj View Post
Just took AA193 3/20 in J and pretty sure there was a 2-4-2 mini cabin behind J.
I think you took N732AN on possibly her third trip flight after KPAE refurbishment for PE seats. Her first appears to be DFW-HKG, followed by HKG-LAX
vudoosj likes this.

Last edited by cartman7110; Mar 23, 18 at 1:00 pm
Old Mar 23, 18, 12:59 pm

Location: Hongkong, China / Manila, Philippines / California, USA
Programs: CX MPO AM / AA / Marriott / Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Monkified View Post
I'm flying on AA193 LAX-HKG at the end of March on a 77W. How soon would I be able to know if the flight will have PE and would an ExpertFlyer alert be the best approach to get notified? Sorry if this was already discussed but I didn't see anything. Thanks in advance
FR24 has plane details for three days ahead. Then match that up to the list in wiki.

I'm flying out first week of April and i'm hoping to get one of those converted by then.
Monkified likes this.
Old Mar 23, 18, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Not a fan of being in a window seat where there is no window. But, IIRC, Row 16 has the extendable foot rests. What do rows 17 and 18 have?
Old Mar 23, 18, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
What do rows 17 and 18 have?
Also a window?
Old Mar 23, 18, 2:47 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
Not a fan of being in a window seat where there is no window. But, IIRC, Row 16 has the extendable foot rests. What do rows 17 and 18 have?
17 and 18 have the fold-down footrest which is actually attached to the seat in front of you.
Old Mar 23, 18, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA & Delta Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Looks like the seat map switches over for DFW-LHR on April 19th, 2018.
thunderlounge likes this.

Search this Thread