Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 29, 18, 5:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
AA has 20 Boeing 777-323ER / 77W aircraft in the fleet.

The final configuration includes:

8 First Class seats
52 Business Class
28 Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats
. . . . (The 77W has received the same Premium Economy Seat as is in the 787-9 and other refitted widebodies.)
28 Main Cabin Extra (in 10 across configuration, all bulkheads or exit rows)
188 Main Cabin / Economy / Coach

All Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats, in a 2-4-2 configuration, offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. The front (bulkhead) seats offer foot rest bars that deploy from the seat; other seats have footpegs under the seat in front of you.

Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

Seatback IFE and Power(AA gallery - link)

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

See post #1 for seat chart and illustration
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 6, 18, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / MLife Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Explorist / United Silver

Not an ideal situation, but which one of these seats, would you say, are the least worst?
Old Oct 6, 18, 8:48 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by samwise6222 View Post

Not an ideal situation, but which one of these seats, would you say, are the least worst?
You are earning it big time this Mileage Run, no?
Old Oct 6, 18, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / MLife Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Explorist / United Silver
Originally Posted by jcatman View Post
You are earning it big time this Mileage Run, no?
Roughly 32k EQM over the weekend give or take?
Old Oct 12, 18, 2:22 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club

I'd actually pick one of the seats in the middle row. here's why: Front row: often the TV is in the armrest which kinda sucks. Often there's no underseat stowage. You still need to bother the aisle passenger if you want to get out of your seat.

Back Row: I find that the activity behind the seat (whether it's a lav or a galley) is loud and keeps me from relaxing.

Middle row: yes, you have to bother someone if you want to get out of the seat. But in many ways it's BETTER than being in the aisle seat, where someone bothers YOU if THEY want to get up.

Having said all that, I prefer the aisle. But have flown in the middle many times, and in many ways the middle is actually nicer (because you get up only when YOU want to).
samwise6222 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 18, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
I'd actually pick one of the seats in the middle row. here's why: Front row: often the TV is in the armrest which kinda sucks. Often there's no underseat stowage. You still need to bother the aisle passenger if you want to get out of your seat.

Back Row: I find that the activity behind the seat (whether it's a lav or a galley) is loud and keeps me from relaxing.

Middle row: yes, you have to bother someone if you want to get out of the seat. But in many ways it's BETTER than being in the aisle seat, where someone bothers YOU if THEY want to get up.

Having said all that, I prefer the aisle. But have flown in the middle many times, and in many ways the middle is actually nicer (because you get up only when YOU want to).
I heard bulkhead seats have the best footrest... any insight to that?
Old Nov 11, 18, 5:59 pm
formerly AtomicLush

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire; AA Platinum Pro (DH = EXP), Delta Gold
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
It doesn't look like there is a lav or galley behind the last seat of PE in the 77W. Are you referring to a different configuration?
E55 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 18, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
I heard bulkhead seats have the best footrest... any insight to that?
It is a personal preference.
The bulkhead seats have a movable part that supports your calves (As in home recliners)
The other seats don't have this movable part and there is just a metal bar attached to the seat in front of you where you can rest your feet.

Honestly, NONE of them (foot rests) are that good and actually one can obsess about them during flight since they don't provide much extra comfort

Personally, the limitless legroom of the bulkhead seats does not provide to me any additional comfort (the ones using their carry-on as ottoman will disagree with me).
The cons of bulkhead seats: people crossing from one side to the other, no screens during take off and landing (this particularly annoys me), no under seat storage in front of you.

The PE comfort, IMO, is on the wider seats, leg room, less crowded cabin and somewhat better service.
IMHO, all PE seats are good.
It is not a bed, it is not business.

Last edited by carlosdca; Nov 12, 18 at 9:14 am
Old Nov 14, 18, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
While I am a BA man, I'm glad that AA is now fully on board with PE on its long haul fleet. Recognising that this thread is about the 777-300, I have a flight coming up on the 777-200 and would welcome comments on row 13 bulkhead seats on that aircraft. If a link to reviews is provided that would be great.
Old Jan 15, 19, 4:41 pm

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
I am looking at booking LAX-TYO. I can fly the 789 to NRT or the 77W to HND.

I can't fly in the bulkhead in the 77W because it's an exit row and I'm flying with an under 15. I can fly the bulkhead in the 789.

So my choice is between 17 A/C on the 77W or 9 J/L on the 789. I haven't flown the product on either plane. Is there a significant difference in PE between the two aircraft? All other things being equal, I think I would prefer the bulkhead so I have the extra legroom and don't have to worry about anyone reclining into me. Though, I have a slight preference for HND over NRT. Thoughts?
Old Jan 15, 19, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Do I think I can sit in premium economy class? Don't they have available? I'm flying from MIA-LHR on 77W aircraft. How much costs? Can I free upgrades into PE?
Old Jan 15, 19, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Originally Posted by lkar View Post
I am looking at booking LAX-TYO. I can fly the 789 to NRT or the 77W to HND.

I can't fly in the bulkhead in the 77W because it's an exit row and I'm flying with an under 15. I can fly the bulkhead in the 789.

So my choice is between 17 A/C on the 77W or 9 J/L on the 789. I haven't flown the product on either plane. Is there a significant difference in PE between the two aircraft? All other things being equal, I think I would prefer the bulkhead so I have the extra legroom and don't have to worry about anyone reclining into me. Though, I have a slight preference for HND over NRT. Thoughts?
I've flown both in those seats. Its a close call. I like 17AC on the 77W. I see where you are coming from on the bulkhead on Row 9 on the 789. I have two gripes on bulkhead/emergency exit rows (16 on the 77W and 9 on the 789).

First - a minor nit. If you are in the first row, you must stow any video monitors during taxi, takeoff, and landing. The FAs do enforce that rule, and sometimes you could be losing 30 to 45 minutes of video time - for whatever thats worth. You're facing the wall while your fellow passengrers are watching TV.

Second - a more annoying nit. Maybe it was just me, but I found the positioning of the video box for the monitor to be somewhat annoying on the 789. It protrudes out a bit and makes you have to position your legs slightly askew. I had a fellow passenger also comment on that.

That being said, I do like the fold out seat rests that are found in the bulkhead rows better than the pedal rests found in non-bulkhead rows.

A non-seat factor to consider: I find the higher cabin humidity level of the 789 preferable to the 777W. I do not feel as headachy on the 789 as I do other aircraft...
Old Jan 16, 19, 7:25 am

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
I've flown both in those seats. Its a close call. I like 17AC on the 77W. I see where you are coming from on the bulkhead on Row 9 on the 789. I have two gripes on bulkhead/emergency exit rows (16 on the 77W and 9 on the 789).

First - a minor nit. If you are in the first row, you must stow any video monitors during taxi, takeoff, and landing. The FAs do enforce that rule, and sometimes you could be losing 30 to 45 minutes of video time - for whatever thats worth. You're facing the wall while your fellow passengrers are watching TV.

Second - a more annoying nit. Maybe it was just me, but I found the positioning of the video box for the monitor to be somewhat annoying on the 789. It protrudes out a bit and makes you have to position your legs slightly askew. I had a fellow passenger also comment on that.

That being said, I do like the fold out seat rests that are found in the bulkhead rows better than the pedal rests found in non-bulkhead rows.

A non-seat factor to consider: I find the higher cabin humidity level of the 789 preferable to the 777W. I do not feel as headachy on the 789 as I do other aircraft...
This is very helpful. Thanks very much.
Old Mar 1, 19, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Just completed a flight transatlantic in premium economy on an overnight flight. The seat is a great upgrade over economy but I have to say the soft product is economy all the way. This is a small issue but it made a lasting impact on my flight.

At at no point was I given a bottle of water. I only have 1 flight on aa as a data point but anytime I’ve flown internationally on any other carrier in premium economy I’ve gotten a bottle of water

j class on aa gets bottles so why not premium economy? I got off the flight dehydrated and annoyed. Mid flight in the middle of the night I don’t want to flag down help especially when my neighbors are trying to sleep. For the sake of $1 in water aa really took away from the experience
Old Mar 1, 19, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
You are supposed to get a water bottle prior to departure or sometimes its handed out right after takeoff. So your flight crew messed up.

Also, just ask for the water next time, do suffer from dehydratiom because someone didnít do what they were supposed to do and u didnít want to bother ur seat mate. Odds are they probably want water too.
Old May 20, 19, 9:29 am

Out of curiosity, would this aircraft be the only five-cabin airplane in the world?

F, J, W, Y+,Y

Search this Thread