Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA has 20 Boeing 777-323ER / 77W aircraft in the fleet.

The final configuration includes:

8 First Class seats
52 Business Class
28 Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats
. . . . (The 77W has received the same Premium Economy Seat as is in the 787-9 and other refitted widebodies.)
28 Main Cabin Extra (in 10 across configuration, all bulkheads or exit rows)
188 Main Cabin / Economy / Coach

All Rockwell Collins MiQ Premium Economy seats, in a 2-4-2 configuration, offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. The front (bulkhead) seats offer foot rest bars that deploy from the seat; other seats have footpegs under the seat in front of you.

Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

See post #1 for seat chart and illustration
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Premium Economy & Best PE Seat, Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by sgan317
Have you tried both seats? Preference?
18A is not bad as it has two windows. The recline is good. The flight was mostly empty in PEY - less than 20 in it. I still am set to do 16B next month on an overnight. The legroom is oviously much better. Seat pitch felt like what the 738s are - 37 to 39 inches from what I am guessing. One thing - if you are really petite, reaching the pedals might be a bit of a challenge. In that case, 16 is the row for you. And for those expecting a window in 16, you're going to be seated next to a safety card brochure and American Way magazine holder. If you don't like a wall, dont do 16A.
jlemon likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Where are the restrooms in the AA 77W PE cabin? I recall flying CX that the rightmost first row of PE is directly in front of the PE lav on the 77W, which is unpleasant.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ralphs
Where are the restrooms in the AA 77W PE cabin? I recall flying CX that the rightmost first row of PE is directly in front of the PE lav on the 77W, which is unpleasant.
IIRC, I think that's the case on AA too.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm
They are in front of Row 16 (one bathroom is for PE, the other is for Biz. There is a see thru curtain there)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:02 am

On my LHR flight, there was a diagonal curtain showing one bathroom for PE (sold as MCE currently) and another for Business, and I did see people using either one and no one policed it
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Has anyone sat directly in front of the PE restroom on the 77W - can you hear/smell it? Trying to decide between the set of 2 on the side or going into the middle seats - unfortunately all of the rows of 2 have been taken except for the rightmost front one.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone figured out how to lower the footrest in the non-bulkhead rows?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm
Has anyone sat directly in front of the PE restroom on the 77W - can you hear/smell it? Trying to decide between the set of 2 on the side or going into the middle seats - unfortunately all of the rows of 2 have been taken except for the rightmost front one.
i sat in 16C and 16L recently. No problems with the smell
ralphs likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by allaroundtheworld21
Has anyone figured out how to lower the footrest in the non-bulkhead rows?
Pull, then push down the footrest with your toes.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:54 am

Row 20 bulkhead

Has anyone sat in or have any pictures of row 20 on the 777-300 ? We're awaiting my upgrade to go through to business class and row 20 seats J and L are available as MCE for my backup plan on our flight to LHR . I have not found any info or pictures on the web about it. The row was in a 3-4-3 layout before PE was put in . Now it is a 2-4-2 layout and was wondering exactly how much room is there and why they lost 2 seats in that row . My 2nd choice is row 41 A-C and J-L . Not sure which would be better for us.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
No issues. I haven't sat there on PE, but have in MCE a few times, and it's no problem.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:30 am

Sat in seats 17A and 18A earlier this week. These were sold as MCE so no PE service yet. Loved the seats, and the little shelf on the side to store small items like my phone. The seatback pocket was abysmal though, could barely fit anything in it. Also couldn't quite figure out the footrest, it kept getting stuck in the middle position and wouldn't go all the way down half the time. Thoughts on the actual seats:
  • 18A does indeed recline. I suspect it's a wee bit less of a recline than other rows because it hit the wall separating PE from main cabin, but it was good enough for me and it was nice not to have someone immediately behind me. It also has two windows
  • 17A great seat, but just one window
  • 16A no window/exit row, and close to the lav although not right next to it. Also didn't see more than one person waiting for the lav at a time so it may not be too annoying. No overhead bin for row 16 on the sides, so they need to store their bags in other bins.
  • Rows are staggered for some reason, so if you're in 18C and someone you know is in 18D, they are actually slightly in front of you and not next to you across the aisle.
jlemon and econometrics like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:53 pm

Talking Clarification please

Originally Posted by suziemay
Sat in seats 17A and 18A earlier this week. These were sold as MCE so no PE service yet. Loved the seats, and the little shelf on the side to store small items like my phone. The seatback pocket was abysmal though, could barely fit anything in it. Also couldn't quite figure out the footrest, it kept getting stuck in the middle position and wouldn't go all the way down half the time. Thoughts on the actual seats:
  • 18A does indeed recline. I suspect it's a wee bit less of a recline than other rows because it hit the wall separating PE from main cabin, but it was good enough for me and it was nice not to have someone immediately behind me. It also has two windows
  • 17A great seat, but just one window
  • 16A no window/exit row, and close to the lav although not right next to it. Also didn't see more than one person waiting for the lav at a time so it may not be too annoying. No overhead bin for row 16 on the sides, so they need to store their bags in other bins.
  • Rows are staggered for some reason, so if you're in 18C and someone you know is in 18D, they are actually slightly in front of you and not next to you across the aisle.
Hello Suzie! Can you tell me, when you sat in 17A, could you feel the person behind you "kicking your seat" as they put their feet on the footrest part? I'm currently booked in 18L, flying solo, and HATE people kicking the back of my seat and the whole foot rest thing makes me wonder (also why I booked row 18). But now I'm concerned about how you said the recline is less in Row 18 than others...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Deanna Lee
Hello Suzie! Can you tell me, when you sat in 17A, could you feel the person behind you "kicking your seat" as they put their feet on the footrest part? I'm currently booked in 18L, flying solo, and HATE people kicking the back of my seat and the whole foot rest thing makes me wonder (also why I booked row 18). But now I'm concerned about how you said the recline is less in Row 18 than others...
I did not notice any difference in recline between row 16 and row 18.
When I was in 16 I did not feel anything from the person behind me anyway.
I liked row 18 better than 16, screen not on armrest and can watch movies on take off and landing, a little bit more storage (seat pocket in front of you), no need to put away personal item during take off and landing.
Limitless legroom is pointless at some point.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
I sat in 16L last week (first time in ~4 years SWU did not clear - grrr) and really liked it. Comfortable, easy to get in and out of, no issue with bathroom etc. Most importantly - I slept really well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.