Search

Emptiest longhaul cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Emptiest longhaul cabin

Just flew LHR-DFW and there were 8 (although may have been 6) people in J on the 77W.

By far the emptiest longhaul I've seen in a while. What's everyone else experienced?
JB OmahAA and nk15 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Antarius
Just flew LHR-DFW and there were 8 (although may have been 6) people in J on the 77W.

By far the emptiest longhaul I've seen in a while. What's everyone else experienced?
The LHR flight I took in December was also light, probably 10 people in J of the 77W.
JB OmahAA likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Close to 20 years ago, I flew JFK-CMN (Casablanca, Morocco) on AT (Royal Air Maroc) with 2 colleagues. We were the only 3 in J. Y was totally packed.

I realize this has no relevance to today.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:12 pm

I flew ORD-LHR in November 2020 and was one of 3 customers in P.
Spanish likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:17 pm

More no relevance. While back family was flying CZM-IAH on Christmas Day. Zero in F and maybe 10 of us in Y. FA approached my dad and asked if he an my mom would like to move to F. He said "My kids too?" She said "Sorry, no." He said "We're good, thanks." #rideordie lol
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:44 pm

I had flew on CX F JFK-HKG in 2013 during a snow storm. There was 2 feet of snow when I left my house. It took me 10 minutes to get myself and luggage to the cab 10 feet away from my front door. My flight was the only flight that wasn't canceled. I was the only passenger in F, J had less than 10 people and Y was less than half.
JB OmahAA likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
January 15, 2022. CDG-MIA AA #63. 10 in J. Some may have actually been revenue pax. Still unable to use SWU.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
January 15, CDG-MIA AA #63. 10 in J. Some of may have actually been revenue pax. Still unable to use SWU.
Whaaaa?

I was originally booked BER-LHR-DFW but got COVID and quarantined in London; flight was C7 on booking and cleared SWU. Abandoned the BER trip and rebooked to just LHR-DFW-XXX and it was C7 on every flight on every day.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Crazy how this keeps changing.

Mid-Sept 2021, flew LAX-MAD / CDG-JFK and plane was probably less than 50% full
Mid-Nov 2021, flew LAX-LHR on BA and entire flight was sold out

Sounds like we're right back to long haul flights being empty again
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
I had flew on CX F JFK-HKG in 2013 during a snow storm. There was 2 feet of snow when I left my house. It took me 10 minutes to get myself and luggage to the cab 10 feet away from my front door. My flight was the only flight that wasn't canceled. I was the only passenger in F, J had less than 10 people and Y was less than half.
I think I might have been on F on the inbound of that flight!
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I did an AA flight about 10 years ago from GRU to MIA on a 772 in the F cabin (when they still had F). I was the only passenger in F...and the in-flight service still sucked. LOL.
donjo likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:31 pm

LAX-LHR is generally full in J, but I flew SEA-LHR earlier this month, and it was less than half full.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
Last Sept I flew DFW - PVG, 6 people in J on the 787. totally 40 people on board.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
All the flights I've flown to/from Japan in the last year (on AA, UA, NH, and JL) have ranged from 8-30 total pax. Premium cabins have ranged from just me to no more than 4 total in J/F.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Once upon a time.... on NW (that's how long ago )

NW added a new flight to FCO. We were on the inaugural flight. Me, Mrs. Fdog, and 2 other pax for the whole aircraft....!

The FA's gave us free run of the galley...sleeping on whole rows of seats (better that the F seats with limited recline)...a fun party for us and the FA's the whole way.

Amazing!

All the best, James
corky, thunderdeacon and Spanish like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.