Post-flight customer satisfaction survey

Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Post-flight customer satisfaction survey

Hello everyone,

Got up this morning & found this in my e-mail for a mainline flight I had on Tuesday. I have always gotten something like from DL when I've been on their flights, but this is the first time I've gotten one on AA. Has anyone else gotten anything like this? (I did do a search for a thread but didn't find anything). LOTS of questions about the inflight hard product down to amount of seat padding & did the FA smile during service. I find it interesting given Discount Dougie's comments on a previous earnings call about the lack of interest in trying to improve the AA product on the ground that 'the competition would just do the same'...only in Discount Dougie's world is that apparently a bad thing :-( How was your trip?We see you recently traveled on a flight operated by American Airlines or one of our regional carriers.

We value your opinions, and we want to know how we did. Tell us about your travel experience in a brief survey. The survey will be available until Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I got a similar one about my flight back from Europe last week. Lots of questions about PDB, whether I was addressed by name and the like. I complained about the DCA luggage area which remains a hellhole.
nutwpinut likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I too received one following a short trip to Columbus. Only thing of significance that I reported was the one class, 1-2 across seating was extremely uncomfortable.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by george 3
I too received one following a short trip to Columbus. Only thing of significance that I reported was the one class, 1-2 across seating was extremely uncomfortable.
That sounds like one of the Embraer 145's-I actually like that plane, for a puddle jumper, & would much rather be on that plane vs. one of the CRJ Barbie jets w/the 2-2 seating & no front cabin.
Uzzar and BThumme like this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by txrus
That sounds like one of the Embraer 145's-I actually like that plane, for a puddle jumper, & would much rather be on that plane vs. one of the CRJ Barbie jets w/the 2-2 seating & no front cabin.
Oh my. "Like" is such a strong word here. If and only IF the comparison is solely to a CR2 then, yes, I agree, having at least the option to suffer alone on the A side of the ER4 is a very modest silver lining. But if it ever came to the point where I was faced with that choice on a regular basis, I would consider options such as multiple connections, changing airlines, moving, switching careers, driving, cycling, crawling, or being anesthetized prior to flight.
txrus likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Got the survey for my SJC-LAX-xxx flight. Due to a 3 hour delay, never made the LAX-xxx segment, ended up going to Admiral's Club to rebook on AS (fortunately AS did have a flight that I could make), the automated re-book had me staying overnight in LA. Questions about service on the SJC-LAX leg and then the LAX connection. The lead-in question based on your experience, would you recommend AA to others, ranked on scale of 0 - 10.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller
Got the survey for my SJC-LAX-xxx flight. Due to a 3 hour delay, never made the LAX-xxx segment, ended up going to Admiral's Club to rebook on AS (fortunately AS did have a flight that I could make), the automated re-book had me staying overnight in LA. Questions about service on the SJC-LAX leg and then the LAX connection. The lead-in question based on your experience, would you recommend AA to others, ranked on scale of 0 - 10.
sounds like AA is going after NPS
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Guess who I just got a call from, in response to this survey?? Chatted w/the young lady for about 30 mins-she said there's a new customer service/experience VP (or something) who came not that long ago from DL & is trying to implement some of the things DL does, which explains the post-flight survey.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I've gotten several and my theory is that anytime someone issues a complaint with AA they generate a survey for all the passengers they have email addresses for. This is just a theory that started when I made a complaint about a flight from vienna to DFW, and they generated them, then I was on another flight where someone a few rows up complained a lot and again I received a survey.

Again, just a theory.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I agree that the 2x2s are worse, but then, this is most likely a comparison between worse and worser lol
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by emh210
I've gotten several and my theory is that anytime someone issues a complaint with AA they generate a survey for all the passengers they have email addresses for. This is just a theory that started when I made a complaint about a flight from vienna to DFW, and they generated them, then I was on another flight where someone a few rows up complained a lot and again I received a survey.

Again, just a theory.
Interesting because I got a survey a day after I filled out a compliment on their online form.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by nutwpinut
Interesting because I got a survey a day after I filled out a compliment on their online form.
I got one the day after complaining about luggage at DCA.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Guess who I just got a call from, in response to this survey?? Chatted w/the young lady for about 30 mins-she said there's a new customer service/experience VP (or something) who came not that long ago from DL & is trying to implement some of the things DL does, which explains the post-flight survey.
This would make sense as DL measures satisfaction against NPS, and it looks like AA now does too. This former DL person has his/her work cut out for themselves (a job I do not envy).......digging themselves out of a deep hole that Parker and crew/America West has created.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott, SPG
Yep! I have gotten a few here and there. At first I thought it was for a certain reason, but I've had them for delayed flights and non-delayed, so not really sure what triggers it.

I actually wished I had one for a flight to LHR. The flight attendant was horrendous and made us feel like we were somehow in trouble and sent to the principal's office - for the full 7 hour duration. Couldn't win with her. But, yep, I've received those survey's -- doubt it does anything, but never know.

[QUOTE=txrus;29151565]Hello everyone,

Got up this morning & found this in my e-mail for a mainline flight I had on Tuesday. I have always gotten something like from DL when I've been on their flights, but this is the first time I've gotten one on AA. Has anyone else gotten anything like this? (I did do a search for a thread but didn't find anything). LOTS of questions about the inflight hard product down to amount of seat padding & did the FA smile during service. I find it interesting given Discount Dougie's comments on a previous earnings call about the lack of interest in trying to improve the AA product on the ground that 'the competition would just do the same'...only in Discount Dougie's world is that apparently a bad thing :-( How was your trip?We see you recently traveled on a flight operated by American Airlines or one of our regional carriers.

We value your opinions, and we want to know how we did. Tell us about your travel experience in a brief survey. The survey will be available until Tuesday, December 12, 201
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
I sure hope I get one of these!

And if I do, I'll do it in crayon, so that current AA management will actually be able to read it (maybe) in a medium they understand.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.