Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club Wish Lists

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Stop with the drink vouchers. I remember leaving LHR with a nice selection of self pour liquors. Then landing at DFW and being told I could have one "premium" drink and after that Bud Light or well drinks. Heck, in PHX if I'm in the Admiral's Club it's still one voucher, but up at The Club (PP, and BA's J/F lounge) it's all included.
zpaul likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:15 pm

Improve the quality of the alcohol. The complimentary options are beyond dismal. You'd NEVER serve those low market brands. And the premium booze is honestly what should be complimentary. In my opinion, the complimentary booze should be, at minimum, what is served on board. Food could be better, but it's less essential to me.
T/BE20/G likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Bring back the 90-day membership.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
a) Both United and American Express offer truly global lounge programs with access to over 1,000 locations. Star Alliance has different rules than OneWorld, but it would be nice for passengers flying AA or the hometown partner (i.e. CX@HKG, BA@LHR, etc.) access to the reciprocal lounge. The recent addition of AC member access to third party lounges is a huge, if underreported, win for customers.

b) HNL is a quirky, unique destination. Most passengers have 5+ hour ETOPS flights, many followed by a tight connection. Many of the flights are red-eyes, and hotels rarely allow check-out after 4p. Who doesn't want to spend the day at Waikiki beach? As a result taking a shower before the flight home is an incredible (currently unattainable) luxury, and something previously available to AA customers when the local Admirals Club was jointly operated by Qantas. Although the current club is an improvement in all other ways (i.e. better location, more seating, better food, etc.), the loss of a shower at HNL made my flights to the mainland far less comfortable.

c) It would be great if AA would consider reopening some of its former smaller market clubs like SJU, SJC, PTY, MCI and BUF. There are also a few major market airports where AA is less competitive due to lack of a club; examples include MSP, DTW, LAS with less of a pressing need in the markets served by an AS lounge.

d) I'll echo other posts about quality of booze and food. In particular, it always makes me wince seeing that AA charges something like $9/glass for the same sparkling wine served for free at United Clubs.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:01 pm

It would be nice if Admiral Clubs stocked some spare things such as batteries, iPhone cables, Emergen-C, Tylenol, etc.

Would be nice to see a small AA club (such as that of the Eagles Nest at LAX) at San Jose (SJC). I know they get quite a bit of premium traffic and people like me who are located much closer to SJC than SFO.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
The AC's are so hit or miss. The 7am-9am Avocado Toast station at LAX (with salmon and Prosciutto) is amazing. By why hasn't it been expanded like the Guac station? Every now and then, the AC offers a glimpse of greatness. For example, I'm sitting in the AC on Concourse L in Chicago, where all alcohol is complimentary. Occasionally, this location will have some top shelf gems come through the bar.

I'd love to see another AC open at MCI but even I know that is highly unlikely.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by MCI777
The 7am-9am Avocado Toast station at LAX (with salmon and Prosciutto) is amazing.
Amazing?? Half a slice of toast with some bulk-buy avocado, chopped tomato and cheese sprinkles. You must be really easy to please

HKG CX Pier F is what I would call amazing....
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
c) It would be great if AA would consider reopening some of its former smaller market clubs like SJU, SJC, PTY, MCI and BUF. There are also a few major market airports where AA is less competitive due to lack of a club; examples include MSP, DTW, LAS with less of a pressing need in the markets served by an AS lounge.
Can I add BWI to that list? Although not a super-premium airport, fares in many markets lately have been slightly higher than their IAD and DCA counterparts, and the previous club lasted many years after the hub closed because of the large number of members in the metro area that kept it busy until they absolutely needed to cut the overhead. On the one hand it's more of a cost center because it doesn't generate as many memberships because most of us have memberships because of DCA and AA's other airports but on the other hand both US and UA were able to pull more premium passengers to whom BWI was more convenient, when they had their respective clubs there. A lot of that traffic has gone to WN since the experience is (largely) better at this point, lacking any other amenities for AA.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:09 pm

more clubs locations that have self serve soft drinks
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HERTZ PC, CH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Two airports i use most frequently are BUR and OMA. Neither of which have clubs, though both are going under major rebuilding programs of their terminals, would be a great opportunity to add at least a PP club if not an AC at those location.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
more clubs locations that have self serve soft drinks
+1000 - Coca Cola freestyle at every AC.

It is absurd that at a major AC like CLT that I have to wait on (a frequently long) line at the bar for a soda. And the glass is so small (it is meant for cocktails) and filled with so much ice that it doesn't last long.

And real food, not just cookies, cheese and crackers. How about finger sandwiches or something else of substance? I don't like soup. Most other lounges offer something of substance to eat. That's probably why the MIA Centurion is busier than the AC - you can eat there.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Amazing?? Half a slice of toast with some bulk-buy avocado, chopped tomato and cheese sprinkles. You must be really easy to please

HKG CX Pier F is what I would call amazing....
I'm easy to please...sometimes. . Yes, it's certainly not the CX Pier but then again, the AC will NEVER be the Pier so I take what I can get, lol.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
A club at CMH. Perhaps where Gate 21 is located.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
+1000 - Coca Cola freestyle at every AC.

It is absurd that at a major AC like CLT that I have to wait on (a frequently long) line at the bar for a soda. And the glass is so small (it is meant for cocktails) and filled with so much ice that it doesn't last long.
Always ask for a tall glass. At clubs with the Coke Freestyle I get a double vodka neat and then top off with my special drink out of the machine and all in a tall glass.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP. HHonors Diamond
The lack of a club in LAS is a really glaring omission. Clubs in smaller/mid sized markets (either AC or access to 3rd party clubs)

The food and booze has gotten better over the last few years (compared to 10 years ago) .. but it could still be better and have some more variation from month to month.
zpaul and george 3 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.